Multiplay Question: Flying in Safe Mode ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Is possible fly in MP as a neutral ?

ie. Have no enemies with the NPC's

Alternatively, and I doubt this. Is it possible to fly in God mode in MP ?

I wish to visit a number of so called "One-way Only" JG's in various Systems to checkout their authenticity in MP Mode, without constantly being blown out of the sky. :schimpf:

Thank you.

• It's possible to not have any enemies besides Nomads, but it's apparently an omelette you can't make without breaking a few eggs. Eggs in question might include storage depots, Ancient drones and on certain ocassion your own ship.

You can't have a god-mode in MP, but you can use Safe Cruise. It's a very handy trick which has been keeping my (already ample) NPC killcount from rising.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• It's possible to not have any enemies besides Nomads, but it's apparently an omelette you can't make without breaking a few eggs. Eggs in question might include storage depots, Ancient drones and on certain ocassion your own ship.

You can't have a god-mode in SP, but you can use Safe Cruise. It's a very handy trick which has been keeping my (already ample) NPC killcount from rising.

Thanks Ajay. I think you mean MP not SP ("…..can't have a god-mode in SP...…") and I accept that.

How do I make the "omelette"?

I'm happy to "break a few eggs", providing its legal and I'm not breaking any MP rules here at the SWAT PORTAL, or anywhere else for that matter.

Also, how do I engage "Safe Cruise" ? A totally new term to me.

Thank you.

• Probably bright red text? I usually use it as a dead serious mod voice.

But I had nothing to do with disabling that post.

Fixed that spelling error.

As for the "omelette", I think there are full neutral guides, like ones mentioned in here: Reputation - SWAT Portal. I never used them though so I ain't sure what you should do.

In regards for MP rules - these eggs are all NPCs, and there isn't really any rule regarding cracking those.

Safe Cruise is to start charging your cruise engines, kill the engines during charging, start cruise engines again. It prevents NPCs from launching cruise disruptors at you.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• if u just starting mp u will need to first make 2 million for neutral rep with all factions but like ajay said u need to break a few eggs ( expression ) to get that 2 million or you can trade from the start but will take a long time.

if u make 2 mil i can help u transfer that to another char to make neutral so u dont have to make 65 mil before you can trade funds to other chars

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• if u just starting mp u will need to first make 2 million for neutral rep with all factions but like ajay said u need to break a few eggs ( expression ) to get that 2 million or you can trade from the start but will take a long time.

if u make 2 mil i can help u transfer that to another char to make neutral so u dont have to make 65 mil before you can trade funds to other chars

Thanks SF. Yes I am new to MP, but I'm only here to verify the following:

MP only - Jump Holes/Gates, Stations, Bases, Cities and Moons

Sirius

Classified Base in Purian Lake

Classified Base in Sigma-17

Libra Tower Base in Sea of Shadows

Satyos<--->Sigma-13

Sigma-13<--->Satyos

The Santuary Base In Nephele

Altair

Nomad Outpost Base in Styx

…….. and then I'm back to SP where I am totally neutral with all factions (incl. the Nomads), so I am able to explore and record unhindered and unarmed. :thumbsup:

• I am sure someone will be willing to help in game. It will be for a good cause, updating the wiki and maps :)

As most people would have read at least a couple of Wombat1940 posts so will know what he is doing.

With a bit of luck I might even see you in game myself there Wombat.

Good luck with MP and hopefully see you around there.

Oh, and when entering any clan system, just remember to say Hi to any members of that clan who happen to be about :)

PS... If you need any info about base in Sigma 17, just ask :)

• Thanks dented.

Well as you've offered, and it looks as though there's no quick (although only a very temporary) upgrade to a neutral status, and I understand why; I will take up your offer of help. Its that MP only base in Sigma-17 which I only know as "Classified Base".

Can you find its location and mark the same on a Sigma-17 Nav. Map please?

And maybe anything else about it: its real name; faction control; etc. We might add such details to the current Sigma-17 Nav. Map and/or the Systems Info' at WIKI. Or at least to my own personal records.

Thank you.

• Thanks dented.

Well as you've offered, and it looks as though there's no quick (although only a very temporary) upgrade to a neutral status, and I understand why; I will take up your offer of help. Its that MP only base in Sigma-17 which I only know as "Classified Base".

Can you find its location and mark the same on a Sigma-17 Nav. Map please?

And maybe anything else about it: its real name; faction control; etc. We might add such details to the current Sigma-17 Nav. Map and/or the Systems Info' at WIKI. Or at least to my own personal records.

Thank you.

clan bases need to be private but for personal records maybe ok but not public wombat depends on who u ask for info on clan bases hope you have fun in mp for the small period u visit

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Yes …. sorry about the ownership/faction issue. Its just that in SP, every Base has a clearly known Owner. If you visit a Bar in a Base its the first thing the bartender will tell you: "I work for the "Wombats". We run this base …. blah ….. blah …. blah…"

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• Ok, Quick info about that base in Sigma 17. It is DP's clan base and is called The Mercy Dark. As for location, it ain't hard to find as it is visible from a lot of areas in Sigma 17. I would appreciate the exact coordinates not to be put on here for all to see though.

All other info about it is classified and only known to DP clan members :)

I hope that is helpful enough though.

And when in multi player you have my permission to enter Sigma 17 to have a look around and maybe add a little info to your own personal records :)

• Hello wombat1940,

I would like to let you know that, if you happen to find yourself in New Hongkong system during your multiplayer travels, there is another "secret" base located in this system not far from New Beijing jumpgate. You will be welcome to look round and stay for as long as you wish :)

(However, there are pre-requisites to make the visit possible - please PM me for details)