Lost Paradise

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Argos.

• ill have a look at it.

best however might be to open a ticket linking to this thread so i dont forget to include the stuff in the upcoming update

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Multiplay …… DAMN!!! That counts me out. I don't fly in MP so can't necessarily help. But with OP and Marty (and possibly others) you couldn't be in better hands. I do think though, its important for you get a better understanding of the how the whole Unknown Systems work: with each other; and other Systems. I do believe my "chart" is correct for SP, but for MP it appears to be different. I would love you map and chart (graphically) your experiences for MP as I have done with SP. Unfortunately, the instability you are experiencing won't make that easy. But remember, there is randomness deliberately built into moving between the Unknown and other Systems. And I don't think you'll convince anybody to change that, and IMHO nor should they. Just because you want to fly from LP to U3 directly and not to U1,U2, U-whatever

its just too bad. Just find a way to fly from U1,U2, U-whatever to U3 and your problem is overcome, maybe not totally , but it is overcome. Random movement within, in and out of the Unknown Systems is part of its attraction. Frustrating maybe, until you understand how the randomness works (or doesn't work). Good luck! ;)

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• I agree and have no problem in understanding the randomness of the unknown systems, it is just that it appears not to work in the multiplayer version. Getting to and from LP using a different route everyday is no biggy for the player. In earlier versions it worked just fine, you got in and out through a different system every day. Each day, only one of the three potential jump holes was both visible and accessible, the remaining two could not be seen. The system out, was the same as the one you entered from and all the JHs worked just fine. Now all three jump holes to LP are visible every day, with the results as explained earlier. If, as it appears, the randomness no longer works, I thought it better that players could get in and out of the system rather than not at all. It is frustrating to get all the way to LP only to find it is the wrong system and that you cannot get out or, to get to the right system only to find the exit system is wrong and within which, the JHs do not function correctly. However, this must be put into perspective, that is why my original approach to the problem was low key. If it was simple to fix, fine, but if it involved a lot of work and manipulation of code, it was just not worth it, this is a small part of a huge and brilliant undertaking. I thank you for your time and interest in trying to solve this and I hope that this explains where I am coming from and why I made my original request . Fly safe.

• I agree and have no problem in understanding the randomness of the unknown systems, it is just that it appears not to work in the multiplayer version. Getting to and from LP using a different route everyday is no biggy for the player. In earlier versions it worked just fine, you got in and out through a different system every day. Each day, only one of the three potential jump holes was both visible and accessible, the remaining two could not be seen. The system out, was the same as the one you entered from and all the JHs worked just fine. Now all three jump holes to LP are visible every day, with the results as explained earlier. If, as it appears, the randomness no longer works, I thought it better that players could get in and out of the system rather than not at all. It is frustrating to get all the way to LP only to find it is the wrong system and that you cannot get out or, to get to the right system only to find the exit system is wrong and within which, the JHs do not function correctly. However, this must be put into perspective, that is why my original approach to the problem was low key. If it was simple to fix, fine, but if it involved a lot of work and manipulation of code, it was just not worth it, this is a small part of a huge and brilliant undertaking. I thank you for your time and interest in trying to solve this and I hope that this explains where I am coming from and why I made my original request . Fly safe.

Thanks Doctor. Most interesting and I fully agree. Randomness is fine providing its stays within bounds. Irrational responses and outcomes are not acceptable and more importantly no fun. Fortunately, SP suffers from non of these.

• I moved the char

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!