Lost Fleet update

There are 241 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• if none of the above gets the nod maybe something from the meaning of France could be appropriateIMG_20190503_144006.jpg

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• hey, you kill me with "baguette" xDD

which is no surprise

it is the traditional french melee weapon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• put up a poll and let people vote... or we keep making jokes

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• A bit of progress.

The new faction settings are almost done (90%) and the first 3d models are finally in the game.

I struggled a bit with the shipyard since it not only is pretty complex... it also has shape that make the creation of the hitbox and the wireframe a nightmake. After "only" 5 hours i finally got it to work.

There are 2 more objects with similar complexity. Hopefully it works better there.

Once all assets are in the game it wont take long until I can release the new content.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since Ranaissance seems to be the name of that new faction with the most votes in that poll (link) i have created 2 audio-files. if needed i could make more, also with female voices and for bases etc.. unfortunately Audacity does not provide good distortions for audio files, or at least i didnt find the best one yet. see attachments (delete the .txt-extension and play).

Files

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• thx

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• many thanks to (IOC)Wanderer who has much more knowledge and experience in editing audio files :thumbsup:

he analysed original Freelancer samples, compared them with the average spectrum of my voice samples, built a filter which brings the two as close as possible, prepared a small manual how to apply this filter etc. with Audacity. the results u find attached (cut the .txt and play), they sound much better and Freelancer-like.

with this we could provide more samples.

what could be helpful: a list of names for stations/bases etc., the usual stuff NPCs are radioing around. SWAT_OP-R8R is there already a list of that? or shall we add another poll to ask the players?

also helpful could be, if other people are willing to provide such audio samples. if u don't know how to edit them, no problem. with that great work of Wanderer it is easy going to edit them. pls send the original/unedited audio files directly to him or to me or upload them here.

• There is a list of potential name candidates, yes

I will make a final pick this weekend. Ill let you know about the choices.

By then I might have finished putting the assets into the game and from there it is not far to getting the update released.

The 3 most complex 3d models are finally in the game eventhough struggled heavily getting them to work.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow, thank you denne for the mention :) I did nothing special, it was just a quick test.

But, since we brought this here, I have a question to SWAT_OP-R8R . Is it possible to extract dialogue audio from Freelancer, particularly the pieces like "This is ... station", "We're en route to ..." and station/faction names?

This would be very useful for forming the right filter for mic recordings, and matching their volume with the rest of the game audio. Also, we could use them to produce recordings with a more fitting intonation.

• these are awsome looking stations OP love it and also we will be having custom station dialog this is cool all i can say is WOW lads im absolutely blown away! o_O :)

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• Wow, thank you denne for the mention :) I did nothing special, it was just a quick test.

But, since we brought this here, I have a question to SWAT_OP-R8R . Is it possible to extract dialogue audio from Freelancer, particularly the pieces like "This is ... station", "We're en route to ..." and station/faction names?

This would be very useful for forming the right filter for mic recordings, and matching their volume with the rest of the game audio. Also, we could use them to produce recordings with a more fitting intonation.

yes, that is possible

we need 6 voices and the files can be extracted relative easily

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok, all of the 3d models are in the game meanwhile.

But I lost time with a bunch of problems which still are not resolved yet.

Original plan was to get all the stuff into the game and hardpoint them but atm only 40% is hardpointed because I noticed that some of the 3d models cause some problems with the collision detection (game freezes). That is an issue I need to find a solution for before I can continue with the other work.

On the bright side... I managed to fix a few other issues which I thought would be more complicated.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• looks very nice SWAT

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War