Lost Fleet update

There are 241 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• All sounds great. Noting what Kermit said: "about getting it right the first time", do you need testers to uncompromisingly test before releasing? If anyone can find ("make") a problem its me, I have had so much experience here with CF2.0! ;)

• Oh cmon, its 2019.

No developer does tests prior the release of a game anymore. Thats what players in a live environment are for.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Really? How disappointing. Although I suppose if you've got thousands of players "testing", you'll find more faults and more quickly than just half a dozen testers testing. Just my naivety. Just wanted to help. I'll get back in my box …….. :tommy::pflaster:

• Really? How disappointing. Although I suppose if you've got thousands of players "testing", you'll find more faults and more quickly than just half a dozen testers testing. Just my naivety. Just wanted to help. I'll get back in my box …….. :tommy::pflaster:

:blol:... this reminds me hundreds of hours spent myself with internal beta testing of CF 2.0 prior release. I wish that some other games uses much more internal testing (I look on Elite Dangerous ... "sigh") before they are relased for players. I'm absolutely sure that this addon for CF mod will be relased only after detailed thorough testing like it was always in the past. OP post have me laugh, he luckily for us have very different view on the quality of this mod before it is released.

There probably will be testing. Dunno yet how to do it.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• EA way - Quality Assumption at it's best:

1. Launch Game -> Does it crash ?

• Yes -> If 10/10 then balls, otherwise we're good.
    • No -> Enter Single player

2. Reach any new system (just pick one, checking all of them is an overhead) -> Does it crash ?

• Yes -> Reduce resolution on system sphere tga & retest
    • No but things are not fluent -> Reduce resolution on system sphere tga & retest
    • No -> Land on any base

3. Try to land on a new base -> Are you stuck in docking ?

• Yes -> Doesn't matter, other players will not use my admin test ship so we're good
    • No, but the ship spends too much time finding the docking point -> Yay, less people pussing out from a fight this way, and besides ... it doesn't matter, other players will not use my admin test ship so we're good.
    • No -> Go to Multiplayer

-- Before 4, move your test char to a new system/base

4. Go Multiplayer, log in with test char - Can you do anything after log-in ?

• Yes, but the game crashes after undocking -> Meh... I shouldn't have used a potato PC for this test - we're good.
    • Yes: observing the high detailed textures on my new ship after the game froze -> Meh... I shouldn't have used a potato PC for this test - we're good.
    • Yes -> release candidate
    • No -> release candidate & apply fix in a DLC

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited once, last by LancelotOnCrack: Lancelot: @Mods please remove my post, I unnecessarily spammed this update page. ().

• You know what my biggest problem is?

The more stuff I finish the longer my todo list get.

Originall I wanted it to be a relative small addition to the mod... something simple... a faction. Maybe a station with a few ships.

Then I thought what I want this faction to be like and came to the conclusion that it needs to be a specific style and that just a station is not enough to explain the existence of that faction. So i came up with defenses for that faction.... and something to produce energy for that faction... and then something to explain where the faction is getting the very few resources from... and then this... and then that.

The todo list grows with every day I work on this update.

Will i need new station interiors?

Will there be new uniforms?

What about wrecks?

I meanwhile have the feeling that this is almost going to be as complex as the coalition.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no worries, take the time you need. is there anything we can do to help?

for example

- audio files for that new faction

- stories/rumours for the bars

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• surprise me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• great :thumbsup:

but, let me ask: do you already have a name for that new faction? if not, i suggest the following (with downward preference):

- Ardennes (similarities to players or RL persons is pure coincidence)

- Burgundy

- Normandy

what about names for station, ships, pilots, NPCs in bars etc.?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• no, nothing yet

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi. OP

The new faction why not call it "Paris" and the secret sleeper ship they escaped in could be "The Normandy"

With "France" as the sector somewhere on the other side of Tao Ceti. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• because that is too obvious

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Maybe a pirate faction called "Montaigu", based on the story of the famous Dame de Montaigu, aka Lioness of Brittany .

Her story in short: after her husband was wrongfully executed by the King, she sold al her lands and properties and sided with the English in their war against the French. She managed to create a sizeable force and take down several castles and garrisons.

This faction's reasons for fighting the <whatever would be the name of dominant political party> would be a transformation of the current political regime into a somewhat dictatorial type that led to many executions within the military ranks due to paranoia that settled in the higher ranks after Nomad encounters (Nomads would have infiltrated the French administration the same way as they did in Sirius - take control over important political members and try to destabilize).

This faction's main base would be called "Hennebont" - like the name of the castle where the Lioness has settled in the end.

#####

A suggestion for a base name would be: Moullin Rouge , populated only with female NPCs :D

This base's purpose would be, well... you know. And would sell , well ... you know what.

Regardless of how this faction will turn out, I am already hyped. Will create a char name called: Lancelot_Sur_La_Fissure - just to be themed with it :eeeek:

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• there is nothing worth pirating there

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Be a shame if all the alcohol disappeared....

its all about the fromage

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,