Domkavash Mother Ships in Hyper Gate

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dented_ship.

• Hi guys. I'm just wondering if you can give me some pointers on how to destroy the sleeping Domkavash Ships in Altair Hypergate. :sos:I can't stand their combined barrage when I tried to annoy them.:verrueckt: Is destroying them the only way to acquire the Don'Kavash Annihilator?:hutab:

• You can also hunt Dom'Kavash Gunboats in Altair and loot two DKAs off Deva Station in Lost Paradise.

I never tried to fight those sleepers, but I think you'll need to avoid getting in interlocking fields of fire. Maybe getting closer (so less turrets can fire at you) might help, IDK.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• I am friendly now with the Doms. If I hunt Dom gunboats, my reputation with them will be affected. I heard that if you destroy Dom motherships in altair hypergate, not only you will get some Dom guns but your reputation will not be affected. I just need some tips on how to destroy them. My torpedoes and missiles isn't very effective because there is something wrong with their tracker, it won't hit. I can't hide on their blind spot because because their guns are everywhere.:vinsent:

• Did you try to jink, strafe, etc? I think it's by default that you shouldn't stay still.

• They have shields? I didn't really check them out back when I was there.

Well, in that case, rinse, repeat until their hull points reach zero. As I said, I didn't fight those motherships, but I managed to solo a few Dom'Razak motherships and Warrior, Savage and Sentinel battleships in a VHF, and I'm pretty much the worst pilot in the colonies.

Or consider getting other guns. I'll take a liberty to point out Coalition Gattlings; sure, they cost about 1,3M each but they are worth it.

I'll also add that for all my MP career as an arms dealer I can't remember a single DKAs deal. That was mostly about W'ar-Sy Propulsors or Ther'hon Cannons. Sometimes Kelyrd-Ray Projectors. Or yes, reselling Coalition Gattlings.

Edited 5 times, last by Ajay ().

• Hi DonKavash74,

to destroy those motherships safely, you will need guns with a long range (from 1000 m up). Approach one of two big rear "branches" of the mothership from behind, and shoot the branch (not the ship's main part). At certain spots behind/around it you can do damage while only 1-2 defense turrets can hit you. Thus you will only have to take short retreats from time to time to recharge your shield.

HTH

• I'm using coalition gattlings, Nemesis missiles and a very nasty torpedo. :rtfm:The problem is when I fire on one mother ship, all 5 motherships will get pissed of. I am finding a hard time evading fires from all of them.:vinsent: Add to that is the environment designed to trigger vertigo.:verrueckt: