Crossfire 2.0 Hovis race mod

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I have tried to win this race using different ships and because of the upped speed of 450 (instead of 300), it seems that it is impossible to win. Is the mod for this race to allow you to continue the campaign even tho you lose the race still exists and is downloadable? I cannot find it anywhere here or any other freelancer mod sites. Thanks in advance...

• even if there was a mod that would allow you to continue the story after losing the Hovis race, it is absolutely not recommended to use it together with the Crossfire mod. it would probably bug the CF-mod.

if you have hard times with winning the Hovis race we can offer to make it for you. just upload the specific savegame here and download the result later.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Yeah mate I'm sure if you send someone the save who can do the race they will do it for you and send you your save back with the race complete :)

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• Or, watch the tutorials and examples of how to do it, even in a slow turning freighter (it is a lot harder when your ship doesnt turn):

In a fighter you can do it after few tries if you keep with the ideas seen in freighter video, mouse has to go all the way to the sides of screen to turn as fast as the ship can.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Don't give up mate, you can do it.

You should use the Bretonnian Heavy Fighter or better decked out, so you can complete the mission and return Quintaine to Leeds.

Go into cruise at the start, keep it level and as Hovis himself tels you" keep an eye on the next gate "and just fly your ship - you will win.

Good luck and good flying. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Well, yeah it can be tricky at first or if you dont figure out how to do heavy turns... but well, theres a video I posted right 2 posts above where it shows how you are supposed to move, and in there the player is winning with a not so agile heavy freighter.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hi elricks, can you post the downlowd link to your savegame-file? otherwise you can attach the file directly here in any forum post via "attachments" (--> upload --> choose your file on your disk drive ...)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Many thanks. I gave up back in Feb 2018, then forgot why I gave up, and went back to play again recently. Listening to Hovis' banshee voice a few times as I tried again, sent me to the internet to see if there was a work around. I was thinking someone else's savegave, or a 'file edit' I could make, but instead I found your service. You have my gratitude.

Over the years I have purchased and played a few games. I like puzzles. There are, for me, only 2 that are worth playing. Freelances and Transport Tycoon Deluxe - both have active community programmers.

Shirley

• ok, done.

Hi Denne. I am having the same problem with the Hovis race in Crossfire. I have completed it many times previously, but for some reason I keep ramming the dratted rings just before the end! Would you mind helping me out, please?

Thank you :)

• Hi bhammer,

Send me your save game and I'll pass it for you. If you're not sure where it's located, go to "Documents / My Games / Freelancer / Singleplayer" (Windows 10), in previous Windows versions it might be "My Documents".

• oh, please ... do not use autosaves, these were proved for ability to corrupt whole campaign :(