Role Play and People who do not grasp the concept

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by flyin_si.

• Last night, some friends and I encountered a subject of taxation. You dont need to know his name.
    Anyway, he failed to pay, so we blew him up. we made a point of not hunting him, and he returned in different chars and tried to kill us again. unsuprisingly it didnt work. after that he began cursing us and telling me to suck dragons dick.

I want to make it clear to everyone. Im not a mean person, im RPing the leader of a pirate clan, and its annoying when others get flustered and tell me to suck someone's dick. thats not really RPing with us.

I am god of the sea people.

"If you ever touch Mr.Kitty, ill put a M80 in your nutsack and blow your nuts all over your pants."- That goes for shooting at my transport too.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

Charachters- [MW]-XXL-[X] [MW]-Cartman-[X]
    [MW]-10-CENT [MW]-KONIG and in development:
    [MW]The_Oak. Thats right, run and hide.

West Coast For Life

• 1. So you officially announced you are now PIRATES.

2. Get the PIRATE licensed mounted on your ships.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• People have always taken RP too personally here it seems. Everyone chill out and remember that it's the RP and human communication that makes MP better than SP. Don't be sore after a fight, say "gf" to one another and walk it off. Pirates should act like pirates, and shouldn't be harrassed or intimidated when they're just doing their role. Lol, have fun people! :D

(btw, I was not the dragon mentioned in the first post, lol. 8))

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• So, you have a clan, a pirate clan (I suggest you tag yourself).

It's good to have some pirate here (they seam allways few).

And sorry, but I can't disagree more with you guys.
    If traders are to be taxed, pirates are to be hunted by the traders they tax.
    And if pirates want, then can come and hunt the trader.
    why should the fun be only for the police.

Anyone who tax IOC will be hunted.

It's not any kind of KOS, will be hunted just as a retaliation, and we will stop at the right time.

LP seams to deal well with that. (besides the outnumbering issue).

Of course we will wait for retaliation to, I don't expect no more no less then that.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• yep.
    NOw, am i to understand that it is illegal to pirate without the 1 million credit license? If that is the case than our-my shenanigins will cease immediatley until we have these wonderful lisences.
    What do they do?

Also, what should i do about the fact that i have charachters that are pirates and mercs?

@ argos
    One of your guys has a screenie of us. i am perfectly fine with retaliation, Im skilled at the hit and run technique. thats part of the RP. would a real pirate sit around and wait to be shot at again?
    Also, the individual that was cursing and blowing smoke was a freelancer, he was not IOC. in fact, your IOC guy was polite, and when he made an attempt to pass without tax, he was killed. After we got him once we moved the blockade to anticipate a smuggler (that freelancer) and told the IOC we didnt mean him any harm anymore, and he jumped to a char in the arena.

oh yeah, and we are tagged.

"If you ever touch Mr.Kitty, ill put a M80 in your nutsack and blow your nuts all over your pants."- That goes for shooting at my transport too.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

West Coast For Life

• The license is necessary so that other players can know what your RP is my merely scanning you. If you have no license it is assumed that you don't have an RP. As most clans trade, smuggle, and occasionally do merc-like activities, I would say the pirate licenses are completely appropriate. If you tax with a char, give it a pirate license. If you have a char that does nothing but smuggle or do merc work, give those chars different licenses. Hehe, it's just how the system works here :D.

As for retaliation, I think you missed my point Argos. It's important that traders fight back. That's why pirates are so good for the RP. If you didn't fight back things would get really boring. What isn't okay is that the person being taxed cusses the pirate out and holds a grudge. RP is fine however you decide to go about it, but what I'm saying is that it should stay friendly rather than spawn vendettas and lasting, hateful relationships between players. :P

• hmmmmmmmmmmmm One would think that this "other" should have contacted police authorities to go in and help out with his attack, not just try to take you on by themselves then get mad when they lost.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• My chars have CSF licenses as DC is still a CSF clan.

Our standard RP is of Police.

How do the other clans handle the CSF/Police, CSF/Pirate, ASF/Police etc combination.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• I agree with Cartman that cursing and abusive language is not part of RP.

Im happy to see it was not an IOC engaged in that behaviour.

IOC will seek retribution for the killing of one of our pilots within the confines of civil RP.

Cartman, I hope Junkers do not f1 out.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• one of us F1ed once. Ill be expecting a retaliation.

Okay, so for my piracy chars, i intend to by pirate lisences. But if you look at masterswan's screenie, i think our intent was quite clear. But now i know why they are used, so i shall aquire some.

@ Osiris
    This is very strange. Sanny's transport was in the area when we blockaded the IOC masterswan. we said it was an indescriminante blockade, and shoud sanny try to pass, we would tax him. he never did.

A llong time later, in dublin, sanny moved his BS to our position. He sat there after we told him we didnt want to fight him. at that point this Freelancer showed up, he tried to run the blockade and we blew him up. then he came back with another fighter and tried to kill me. which he failed at, we killed him again. The third time he came, in the middle of shooting at him, Sanny's battleship opened fire on our fighters,so we returned fire.
    I dont know why he was there or what he was doing.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

West Coast For Life

• Sounds like Military vs. Pirate RP. That's good; it shows that the system works :D.

• kk i ran into this penis earlier, kk oak n00b, u wanna have a go around with someone, at least be man enough to do it when he is capeable of attacking u... u know like a man

i understand ur ghey RP thing, so dont get me wrong, but killing someone whom just got there starting funds... that was all the $$ i had in cargo + what i gave to talon so we can get trains i was broke, so thx dick, just wait ima catch u when ur not able to defend urself, and ima wtf roll u n00b

• another thing talon and i just joined CFPD today, which is y i was questioning him so much, he's just a coward, and will be treated as such

• As CFPD, composure will be maintained. And junkers was dealt with.....boom. (twice)

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• ok. Lemme think about this one

@T3h Swag. Ill just forget your posts, and i do understand your anger, Id pe pissed too. We also lost a man in a rhino under similar circumstances earlier that day.
    Also, we didnt hunt you down and kill you, we waited at a jump gate, and suprise suprise, you two showed up. we taxed, one of you made a break for it, and so you lost you lives, your cargo and your equipment. (btw i think some of the others have it, i commited suicide with them in my hold)
    Lastly, i was not the only one there. I just seem to be a spokesman for some reason...

i think thats enough.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

West Coast For Life

• Teh, your remarks should be more considered and worded more carefully. I understand your points but the name-calling is childish and possibly offensive to those targeted. Free expression is great, but I for one grow weary of your crude mannerisms :P.

Now I think I get why this is happening and respect it, but I would ask certain people not to victimize this clan unless they are sure of the tangible grounds upon which to do it. As far as I can see this is Pirate RP and nothing more. It isn't anything worthy of bawlking about on the forums imao. :D

• Had a little incident myself last night with Pirates -

It would be strange if any pilot would not want to retaliate against pirates, especially in those extreme cases when the player is new - or has all his eggs in one basket so to speak.

I would hope that some pirates would be able to negotiate in some cases - noting the pilots the meet in space and shoot down - will be in space again - so it is best to have harmless fun but not take anything too far.

Can the pirate clans teach their new players to expect retaliation and we should teach our new members the dangers of trading solo in pirate infested waters.

Finally there is no need to splew out the sort of language I heard last night - it just proves you like to dish it out but cant take your own medicine.

• Well its good to know Junkers are pirates.

As far as im concerned as a clan u cant take more than one role.

I thought the licence is for freelancers not for clan players with clan tags.

If u are a clan player i thought u must have a clan tag.

And as a clan u have a declared RP. Which u just declared as Pirate.

So, i dont see how having different licences in diff chars will work for clan players.

Im not going to sit there and scan u before i open fire just to see what sort of licence u have !!

I have been ambushed by pirates too many times to fall for that one.