Destiny 2

There are 72 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RubyPetersen.

• i'm just saying in general. 50 hours is a good starting amount of time for any game to learn the game at it's core. 2 days worth of play. Steam gives you only 2 hours to make up your mind as to whether or not you like the game before they won't give you a refund (as far as their return/refund policy goes).

To really get into a game, you'll certainly need 100+ hours to really be considered "invested" in the game

• getting forsaken appears more difficult than expected

paypal wont let me do the damn payment for some reason

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• More or less paypal acting a bit incompetent.

If you ever have problems with paypal, dont bother using their contact form.

The first reply regarding my failed payment was a list of 8 possible reasons why payments could potentially fail. You know, one of these standard copy/paste replies.

I wrote back that none of these reasons are valid in my case and that I would like someone looking into my account to figure out whats wrong.

So I got the 2nd reply from Paypal with the title "re: your login problems" followed by a copy/paste list of thing I could do when I have login problems.

Funny... since reading and writing these messages requires being logged in.

My reply at this point was a bit more harsh:

I wrote that sunday afternoon and was wondering what took them so long to reply.

This morning a real person replied to me and really tried to help without any copy/paste shit.

Unfortunately his suggestions didn't work.

So I searched for the phone number called Paypal.

The first lady couldn't really help and forwarded me to another lady which obviously can look into accounts.

Well, lady no.2 welcomed me and said "Lets look into your charge back problem...".

I asked "I have a what?... I was calling because of a problem with doing payments".

She: "Oh, Ive been told.... nevermind then. What exactly doesnt work".

After explaining the problem again she looked into the account for a few minutes and then said "Its fixed. Can you try it just to be sure?"

Its fixed.

95% of the paypal employees are lazy idiots. You have to do the phone call to find the one competent lady working there.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• lol, was it an American or Indian Call center? I work in one and i have to say:

Sorry you've had this experience, lemme go ahead and place you on a brief hold and investigate what we can do for you. Is that okay?

• Well, the mails were in english.... dunno where paypal deals with that.

The phone call was in german.

I doubt that there is a big difference by country and meanwhile see this as a kind of sport.

Generally all big companies have a terrible support (at least from my perspective). I always have such strange experiences, no matter if its paypal, the phone company or the server host.

Last time I called the server host when the website didnt work I was asked "Hello, what can I do for you?" and I replied "Dunno, I am just doing my semi-annual call in order to check if my servers HDD has broken yet".

Yeah, its a kind of sport.... and I can be very persistent and annoying.

A few years ago I got phone + internet for free over half a year because of a small dispute.

People at call centers have a terrible job. They have to resolve problems they have not caused (in most cases) and probably can not even fix without additional help.

More than often enough I started the call with an apology trying to prepare the call center employee for the upcoming rant.

Btw. best time to call the hotline of a phone company is about at 2 - 3am. No waiting time and no time pressure.... ok you wont get your problem fixed since the tech team isnt working at such times...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The latest fix this week made it a bit more clear how to level up and which regular activities can be done. Its the 2nd week and Ive spent a bit time grinding.

Lets start with the weekly activities:

1. there is the weekly flashpoint you can do for powerful engrams

2. as usual you can do a weekly crucible milestone (5 matches)

3. play 3 gambit for the weekly milestone

4. a weekly heroic story mission milestone (play 3 missions)

5. play a vanguard strike

6. play 3 vanguard striles

7. play a nightfall

8. reach a 100.000 score in nightfall

9. do the lvl540 bounty for spider (pretty hard, best to be done with a team)

10. earn clan XP via clan bounties (its best to start early with that since you need a bunch of completed bounties) (Hawthorne)

11. do 20 challenges (Ikora)

The daily ones:

1. there is a heroic adventure you can do daily on the flashpoint location

2. a daily crucible milestone exists aswell

3. a daily gambit match

I have no idea how this 4 day reset stuff works... really I cant really figure out the point of that stuff.

I also have not been to the dreaming city. There are supposed to be even more milestones and endgame activities that can grant powerful engrams.

As usual raids are probably a good way to level up aswell.

I need to check if Escalation Protocol still is a good way to earn items that are higher than your current power level.

Most important source of powerful gear has been prime engrams for me.

As far I was able to read about them you get a buff each day which allows you to collect one powerful engram if you defeat a very hard boss or play crucible. The drop rate is extremely low. Strangely I got prime engrams on all my chars yesterday and still have that buff. It didnt reset. Im not sure why... maybe the buffs stack if you miss a day or there is a glitch or I misunderstood something. Fact is that these prime engrams appear to be one of the best ways to increase the power level. One of them gave me a 14 lvl increase on my boots. The others also were very high.

Weekly milestones generally are supposed to reward a higher lvl increase via new gear than daily milestones/challenges.

Well, maybe I am doing something wrong because yesterday I finished at least 4 weekly milestones which gave gear that was below my current power level.

I also did the 3 heroic bounties for spider which are insanely hard even in a 3 man team (ok, a lvl540 missoin done by lvl 510-525 guardians) and not even once got a reward that was even close to my current power level.

Nightfalls and prime engrams in my eyes are the most reliable way to lvl-up. Other stuff might work... but not as reliable as these two.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Prime engramms are better than thosemof heroic strikes or other missions. Exo engrams drop very seldom which is good. The dreaming city offers just more bountiees to solve on daily or weekly basis as well more stuff to explore. There is also a team event calledblind source where you can get additional item (seed of light) to release a second focus. Makes fun and is also challenging.

The year 2 is realy good. A lot to explore and you need to do something to advance your chars. Except that the new story with the barons is not so satisfying, imo. I like the new dlc and i am loking forward to do the new raid which seems to be similar challenging as Oryx from destiny 1 was.

signature.png

• well, the devs said that higher lvl activities should drop much better rewards.

In case of the 540 bounty this absolutely wasnt true (3 times).

My opinion about the exotic items is slightly different.

Yes, It is nice that they drop randomly and are not so easy to obtain anymore... but as long bungie does not fix the duplicate drops this system is pretty much fucked up.

I meanwhile got 5 exotic drops from random sources. Only one was an item I didnt already have.

All this bla bla from Bungie during season one where they said they want to limit duplicate drops appears long forgotten now.

So far Forsaken disappoints me with 2 things.

1. the new infusion system which requires masterwork cores (which is not logical at all because... if you are not masterworking something and not doing something related to masterworks why in gods name would you need masterwork cores?). I lost +20 cores before I noticed that infusion now consumes cores and since then I have not infused a single item. The costs for infusion have way too high compared to the very limited sources where you can earn these cores from. As result I am unfortunately not using the armors and weapons I love to play with... all my exotics have become useless low-lvl crap.

2. While the new weapons are really awesome... the amours so far are not really the best. On all my 3 chars I currently look like beggar living on a waste disposal site. The fact that infusion is so costly also prevented me to stick with one look... i just switch to whatever has a bit higher lvl. I dont use shaders because i know its pointless since I soon will switch items again... and I dont use mods at all.

The infusion system and the junk armors took away alot of the fun I had previously with modifying items and carrying them with me to the highest power level.

Edit by
    I just soloed the Spider bounty from last week (I still had it in the inventory on one of my chars). My lvl was 525, the bounty was 540. Took me a few tries and was a somewhat lengthy approach. I got a lord of the wolves exotic at 525 and a cheat piece that was 3 lvl above my current one. Was worth this try.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Tested Escalation Protocol.

Weapons drop about 15 below your powerlevel.

Armor drops at 380.

So this so called endgame activity can not keep up with the endgame.

The only positive is that you now can repeat wave 6 and 7 without using an exploit. That makes it significantly easiert to get the EP weapons.

Oh and I got a prime engram... so all this testing wasnt for nothing. (I still have the prime attunement)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Destiny 3 is supposedly being worked on now, right ? Once the trilogy is complete, I hope they will try keeping things active, their work is pretty good.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• and that raid finish caused some controversy since the people that finished the raid previously did use exploits in order to prepare for that raid.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ive spent yesterday exploring the Dreaming City... and I am impressed by the level design (does not happen often).

So much to explore, so much hidden stuff and everything absolutely beautiful.

By accident I met a group that was going to start some blind well runs.

Were a few pretty nice runs... Tier 1 up to Tier 3 Heroic (finished the heroic on the last second). Unfortunately I didnt get my reward from the bounty since my inventory was full (its not ending in postmaster for some reason). So unfortunately I cant finish the other quest that requires the oracle (sucks pretty much since the reward would have been great). But ok... tomorrow is reset... so I probably soon get another chance.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• already got 2 seeds - one is still missing but its pointless to grind for that since I cant do the quest this week.

two players can easily do a tier 1 match

tier 2 requires at least 3 players.

tier 3 is a different story... id say 5-6 players are fine... with a bit of luck even enough to go heroic (tier 4)

However, I guess it will become easier once players increased their power levels.

Heroic runs at 580 difficulty and the bosses are insanly strong. But heroic also means 50% quest progress.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok the new quest lines which appeared this week are pretty badass.

I tried the shattered throne dungeon yesterday evening with some guys on my friends list and it is hard... very hard.

Its almost like a raid. Recommended power = 370, but the final bosses are lvl 590.

With my lousy 557 I couldnt make enough damage to get through all of this quest and it certainly will take a bunch of weeks before I am ready for another try.

Well, we at least got through to the first of the final bosses and explored this dungeon. That was hard enough.

Since the Malfeasence quest step didnt drop for me yet i could test it but Ive read that it is involving a 580 strike... so maybe in a few weeks.

The content drops faster than you can play it... unless you pretty much live inside the game.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I followed the new quest line and have gotten the 3rd seed of light to complete my focuses now. Yeah. I have seen the queen - Mara Sov. The dreaming tower map looks really amazing and gloomy. The awaken missions that you only can enter if you have taken the tincture are really nice and challening.

Havent done the raid yet, as our clan has somewhat slow progress - but looking forward to do it this or next weekend.

My tow main chars are somewhat near lvl 550. The 3rd char still hasnt seen anything from forsaken yet.

All in all a very good DLC in my eyes, just looking over the minor bugs here and there.

signature.png