CF 2.0 final version release

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• With the upcomming Windows 10 release Ill be able to get required information about the new OS and use that info to optimize the CF2.0 installation process.
    This allows us to re-release CF2.0 as a new Full version of the mod.

We still have not solved all problems on the server and many features are still not active but the mod as it is actually is working stable meanwhile.
    A full release will contain all so far done patches and most important the latest Crossfire Launcher version. This will for many players minimize the installation and starting problems.

The players which already have CF2.0 running dont really need to download this new version as they actually got all the data via the launcher already.
    For new players and those which had problems to get he mod running this new release certainly will be a great improvement.

I can not exactly tell when the new version of the mod will be available to download but it might be a few weeks after windows 10 got released.

The new version might also contain additional content that i am currently working on.
    However, at this moment i dont want to spoil anything.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The new version might also contain additional content that i am currently working on.

... if some new content will also be included ... this will come for already 'working' installations also with the 'usual' update via launcher ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• any additional content of course will be distributed via launcher aswell

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nice to hear about that! Keep the good work :)

Btw, will the clanbase thingy will be released with that patch or you are still not ready to release it?

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• huor suggested to start testing the clanbases a few weeks ago
    I told him to wait a bit until we finished some other tests

so dunno

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What about those who can't obtain Windows 10? The "Free full version" is obviously a "lure and bait" trick from Microsoft to "lure" you into getting a free copy of Windows 10. Do you REALLY think they'd let you have a full copy of Windows 10 for free? xD Of course not, they'll charge you later via internet access fees. Notice this. "$119 is estimated retail price of Windows 10 Home FULL licence, actual price may vary." They let the lie slide here. Eventually they'll charge you. Now that I'm done ranting, here's my question ( Please don't delete this comment, it's important to me. ) Does this mean that Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 users will have to switch to Windows 10 to play Crossfire, or does it mean that Crossfire will soon be compatible for Windows 10 once the necessary info about the OS is acquired?

• There will be no issues using win 7 or 8.

• we have dont optimazations for windows 7 + 8 already (probably also for xp... dunno... im too lazy to test)

windows 10 is a different topic... since we have zero experience with it about compatibility we will have to do tests as soon we have a windows 10 system up and running (which currently is not the case)

however since windows 10 is going to be the OS of the future (yes... I deeply believe that this is going to be the case) it will be our top priority to get everything running under windows 10

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since we have zero experience with it about compatibility we will have to do tests as soon we have a windows 10 system up and running (which currently is not the case)

however since windows 10 is going to be the OS of the future (yes... I deeply believe that this is going to be the case) it will be our top priority to get everything running under windows 10

So I should old off installing Win 10 until the potential issues are resolved or he who gets it first is the Genni Pig platform? I have a feeling that since you guys saw the notice to register for the free DL of Win 10 a few days before I did that you will get the notice that it is available.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Interesting, was just chatting with AZ09 and he is downloading Win 10 now, never saw a notice that it was ready. Just a pop up window asking if he wanted to continue the upgrade. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock