Storyline feedback

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• no they wont
    thats not how FL reputation systems works

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I want only add that NPC factions reputation for CF 2.0 SP was changed in more cases on absolute maximum as only was possible. It definitely was not easy and brought some serious issues to mod functionality (in some cases rly unexpected stuff) which was needed to dealt with. There really is not any way how to do some additional changes, FL engine limits were crossed way too much in this area.

• I ...erhmm...cough,cough, ... have finished the story "just now", 2min agao, and ....

"heroic"?, "worth being done" ?

IMO there's only ONE word, worth to describe this storys end

and how I felt "being part of it"
    \o/ E ! P ! I ! C \o/

Well, I confess that there are "strings" I would have liked to know a bit more about, i.e. the Ancients and this intriguing, shielded battleship, that still guards their home system, or the Coalitions rugged, selfmade hypergate, that they have a "role" in this story, somehow. But that - most likely- would have blown this old game engine. If there might be some "teachings" and "tutorials" of how to do, ... What has been achieved here leaves room and should be motivation and inspiration for generations of might-be-moders/mission-scripters to fill this gaps. THIS is truly a FREELANCER 2 and shows that this game CAN be something like Freespace 2 open - playable also on low level pc's but almost as beautifull.

Someday Freelancer might be forgotten - but Crossfire - as we are priviledged to experience in this state - will still be played.

I would have liked - perhaps - a bit "more" action in some missions : compared to what YOU, OP has sent us into before :eeeek: with 1.9, thses missions were rather "easy". Perhaps - as a "seasoned" player of CF (aka : killed a hundred times and more by npcs and M8s online :D ) - my demands a bit higher in that respect (aka : I feared worse ^^ ).

And : no, I didn't took the time to look for the bonus missions. Will be a "next" project for me. ;)

Edit by
    By nucnuc
    forgot one important thing : OP showed, in CF 2.0 more than before already, that with this engine missions can be designed , that are not just simple(with time: stupid) go-there-destroy-all-fighters/ships-type. In that he BESTED the original makers and ashamed them.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited 3 times, last by NucNuc ().

• @@'NucNuc'- you want hard? Go into option and change setting from average (default) to hard! Major spanking time!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• @ Gearhead
    I"just" compared, when all played in the same difficulty level, the same as 1.9 was :D

Be assured, I will use the difficulties more to the right use for "training" ;) at least.

I referred to the type of enemies to face and their numbers.
    i.e. : when visiting the Canis Sector, "only" normal Nomad fighters, when you had to face already Interceptors and Bombers in Lost Paradise (ups, that 1.9 :D)
    i.e. : only 1 wave of 2 Warrior fighters to face when ... doing a specific search and obtain mission, when you had to face/evade "as felt" countless groups of 4 of alien light/medium/heavy fighters and bombers in Inner Core before

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

countless groups of 4 of alien light/medium/heavy fighters and bombers in Inner Core before

Which you could evade and weren't tasked to destroy, unlike those two Warrior fighters.

And, since I'm here...
    The storyline is awesome. Some of missions are just breathtaking. Initially, I've downloaded CF 1.9 only for the reason of improved storyline.
    The last one is so flakking EPIC my computer throws a fit and starts lagging.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Yeah, but you wont believe ... and I will not tell ... how many deaths it costed me to get to this conclusion : that there is a mission you have NOT to fight to make it ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Of course the difficulty could have been made harder.
    Infact it was during the first tests of these missions.

But based on the feedback from pure SP players we decided to lower the difficulty in many of the missions.
    People from the server generally have higher expectations since they are used to fight harder opponents -> other players.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• will use difficulty slider on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, .........xxxth run ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• not possible

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Having just recently finished the SP story, I am more than happy to offer feedback, while avoiding spoliers for those who have yet to experience the awesomeness that is CF 2.0

I don't even know if there was another viable option (suing old savegame, etc.), but I played through the whole thing from the beginning, and I'm glad that I did.

I am very impressed by the pacing, as well as by the overall progression and explication of the story. Particularly, I think that the balance is great among missions where you have to actually fly there and back (whever "there" and "back" might be), and those where, for example, accomplishing the mission goal results in a "jump" to something like "Four weeks later, having returned and reported...".

Whoever made those decisions made them very thoughtfully and intelligently. The story did not seem to be "railroading" me--except for the natural, believeable urgency built into the story--nor did it seem to be bogging down in yet another long, relatively uneventful flight back to somewhere to report, or bring found object, or whatever, I was seriously impressed with that.

The way that the information was revealed was done very well, even for a player who went all the way through 1.9 and more or less knew the background story. It was actually interesting and attention-grabbing nevertheless, and that's quite an accomplishment.

The "loss" referred to was sad, but not forced, and definitely "absolutely heroic and worth being done".

The secret bonus mission was done well, too, and worth the trouble IMO. It was a little hard finding the place, but that's as it should be, I believe. The possibilities it opens are thought-provoking; I hope someone decides to take action on them, someday.

As for the end of all conflicts...it would be nice to believe so, but I am a student of human history and an observer of the world around me, and of the people (and governments, and religions, and other organizations) therein. I do not think that there will ever be an end to conflicts, even when logic would indicate that as the best path for all. We humans are a stubborn, emotional, combative species, and I don't think that will ever change.

Thanks very much to all the developers, and congratulations on a job very, very well done!

• btw. feedback thread.... not bug report thread

I haven't finished it yet, so I can't give a full review, but to where I got to(even when I lost my game saves and had to get back to the same position again from the beginning) and even taking a sneak peak at the missions in the Inner Core, I can tell you that you and your team have created an incredible journey that I believe many people will surely enjoy a lot. From many years I had hoped to see the FL campaign continued(officially or unofficially) and you just did that. ^_^

I've enjoyed it A LOT and Martind tells me the new missions that you've included in order to finish the CF story are even more EPIC so I can't wait to see them. Even though I haven't finished it yet (RL and mostly in the server) the CF campaign is an incredible experience aside from the mod itself and you and your team did a fantastic job once again.

Sorry for not making a full review though.