Error launcher

There are 84 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rockettom.

• So you had FL and CF 1.9 installed on this laptop before ?

Have you also cleaned MANUALLY the registry ?
    Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE you can find a folder "Wow6432Node",
    LOOK THERE ALSO !
    I often found CF and Freelancer related entries there also, which were NOT cleanded by i.e. CCleaner and they busted my installation (win7 64 bit prof).

Just "temporarly disable-"ling AV IS NOT ENOUGH ! Often scan processes keep on going in the background and start again - even on then installed programs - after being enabled again.
    You have to exclude all relevant .exe (Freelancer.exe, FLMM.exe, Crossfire20_setup.exe) from your Firewall, AV and any other security suite you might run - permanently.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hello I'm having launcher issues as well. I just want to play the single player again but when I click the launch button the launcher disappears and nothing happens. I've tried several different things. re-installing the game, using CCleaner, making sure Freelancer is "allowed" in norton 360, clicking multiplayer first then trying single player (which gave me an error but the new launcher showed up next time I started my computer). Is Crossfire 2.0 out? I've been trying to run version 1.9.

Edited once, last by dm5k ().

• Crossfire 1.9 is Out Of Date and no longer supported. Therefore the launcher crashes for you.

CF 2.0 can be downloaded and installed, further info on where and (esp.) how : https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/wcf/faq/

Please be aware, that CF 2.0 is still in a kind of prerelease status and object to bugtracking and -fixing.
    if you play it and find something .... "strange" - beside strange 'n strongly cool stuff :D - report at : https://swat-portal.com/forum/…/Product/3-Crossfire-Mod/

Other than that : BE WELCOMED TO THE UNIVERSE OF CROSSFIRE M8 :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Sigh 2.0 doesn't work either. It must be because I have a laptop. When I click on the crossfire 2.0 setup it loads to 100 percent then shows the swat portal symbol then nothing. This is so frustrating I've never had these problems in the past with this game. I've tried uninstalling the game, running CCleaner, restarting, then doing the whole process over again.

• you have to wait, it happened for me too: setup needs a very long time to fire up when you doubleclick it just wait like 5 mins. it simply looks like nothing happens but setup just needs the time ^^

I will put it stright .. 2.0 client version was so far downloaded 1150 times...

forlon, this number is not relevant as you can clearly see how many people are online right now.

and there was only very few ppl experiencing serious problem with launcher

ok, so just because there is one person having serious starting problems we should not take it serious and ignore it?

. In light of this statement about "every major update screws up the game stability" sounds to me little disrespectful. Maybe would be better to do on first place some cleaning before own doorstep.

i don't know what your problem is, i simply criticized something in a very friendly manner as OP can confirm it. and why should i be disrespectful to him? there are tons of software that have quality problems when a major update happens. no need to jump around mate. and there is no cleaning before my own doorstep as i am not developing any software right now. just because i criticize something of the game doesn't mean i hate it. if i wouldn't appreciate this glorious game i wouldn't be here for a minute :D

EDIT2: i think i have found a solution to the launcher problem, stay tuned

• As it was said by Huor, launcher is working correctly (also for you), your problem is start a game due something incorrect/incompatible in your own PC. No one has said that single problems are ignored. I asked you about use eventvwr and post crash log which was ignored as also suggestion to give other info.

.. you not liked my reply as I not liked your previous, this happens (more reasons). This ofc not meant that I not tried to help as also others. But without more info from your side we hardly can find out where may be a problem.

Except this above please read next: Trouble Reports - Bugtracker

In Bugtracker (in main menu under Tools) you may see that more smaller or bigger issues were resolved already, included informations which may help also players using old WinXP ... no one was ignored.

• @Vulkrinshul

... at least I saw you - even shortly - just a few minutes ago InGame :thumbup: M8.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I finally got the right combination for installing the mod. My problem was not setting the Crossfire 2.0 to Windows 7 compatibility. I'm looking at the new installer and I'm trying to launch the single player. It keeps wanting to update the game with 2 files over and over. If I click no to updating the game doesn't launch...

• Using Win 8.1? Crossfire 2.0 on Windows 8.1 can help as also check FAQ

• Using Win 8.1? Crossfire 2.0 on Windows 8.1 can help as also check FAQ

I tried following the installation instructions as closely as possible but still no luck. This may be the problem.. Every time I uninstall everything and reinstall Freelancer it always shows the Crossfire symbol on my desktop instead of the original Freelancer symbol. It also doesn't ask if I would like to restart my computer. It just asks if I would like to play the game. I've tried uninstalling EVERYTHING including: Freelancer under uninstall programs, CCleaner, extras I find in REGEDIT, and by searching for crossfire/freelancer files. For some reason I'm missing something.

• can you try remove write protection from whole FL folder after is mod activated?

What antivirus software are you using? (Norton?)

... if you have infinite loop with updating files it may have 2 reasons only: files are missing or cannot be overwritten (more reasons).

... are you using all the time the same install destination? (can you try install FL to not default place like D:\Freelancer ?)

• Thanks for replying. I don't know how to remove write protection.. I have Norton 360 and I made sure that it allows Freelancer and Crossfire Mod Launcher. I can try to install everything into a different location. I'm not going to have time to reinstall the game until tomorrow but I don't think this looks good for me to be honest.

• removal or write protection :
    - right click on folder or data
    - select properties
    - bottom section : attributes, there are two small boxes, if one is marked ("filled") => DEMARK it (should be the upper one)
    TADAAHH : write protection removed :)

! DON'T INSTALL ANYTHING TO ANOTHER LOCATION THEN THE SELFSELECTED DEFAULT-PATH !
    (That's something I've learned on a hard way :tot:. )

And don't forget to exclude flmm.exe, Freelancer.exe and Crossfire20setup.exe from
    Norton Antivir :"Scans and Risks", Norton "Auto Protect-, SONAR-, Download-Insight"
    as well as from
    Norton Firewall : Program rules

And - for the "clean slate" before installation - PLEASE - check your registry MANUALLY
    (click search , type "regedit" and click on it, click lil arrow in front of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then "SOFTWARE" and then ... just search every folder and subfolder, esp. when you find "Microsoft" or "Freelancer" or Crossfire" or "FLMM", but also "silly" folders)
    When you find something there AFTER using i.e. CCLEANER => DELETE IT.

General Rule : Do everything as ADMINISTRATOR

Hope it helps to set you up M8 :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Ahoy APE ... can you explain why... when i remove the write protection... at that time, YES, it is gone...
    But, when i close everything, namely switching off PC and go smoking... and then, switching on back the PC, then check the folder again... found out that the write protection is back ...

• only important on installation and - perhaps - first time run of launcher for updates.

not necessary later.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !