Enemies not spawning?

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi, my name is Pomor and I am playing Crossfire 1.9 sp campaign. Well I am just afer the first mission. I have played vanila many times, and I see the veird thing here. Aren't Xenos supposed to attack the Detroit Munitions and Junker base from time to time? And BH should spawn aroud Buffalo? And many criminal spawns should be around both NY's outward going jumpholes?
    Well, there are none. Around Buffalo there are some Roughs and Outcasts, around Rochester, Junkers and Roughs. And no one is attacking them. Never.
    The most weird thing, they often put out that line "there is too much to them, I bug out", but there is no opposition is sight. Ever.
    No police/navy patroling Badlands or that debris field around Rochester. No criminals attacking lawful bases. Except for tradeline disruption attacks, these are present. But I can sit on the patrol path indefinitely, and no one will show up. Ever. Except around the bases.

The question is, is i normal behaviour of the Crossfire (for performance or whatever reason), or something got wrong with my instalation?

• For Campaign can be in some missions NPCs spawn disable but I doubt that this is your case. I think more that your mod installation/activation went wrong ... usual issue is that your system disallowed overwrite game files during activation. Check FAQ and especially this OPTIONAL part.

(such issues were not reported before, so there is very high chance that problem must be on your side)

• we did not make changes to these factions or their behaviour in these systems

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for all the answers.

I think more that your mod installation/activation went wrong ... usual issue is that your system disallowed overwrite game files during activation.

I guess I am going to try reinstall before playing any further. Especially that my Mod Manage is 1.3 instead of 1.3.1 required by the FAQ. One more question, though. Next to the Rochester there is a new jumpgate (called Custodian). Even while, storyline-wise, not having a jump access, I was able to use that one jumgate. Then through Custodian system I reached something that looked like hub system of sorts. I have not explored any further, it felt like bug exploiting. The question is: was I supposed to use that jupgate so early in storyline?

• Hello pomor,
    FLMM v1.31 is just good as v1.3 in terms of compatibility with Crossfire (it even shows v1.3 when installed), I've been using it for years without any problems.

By the storyline you are not supposed to visit X-3043 system before it is "officially discovered by humans", but if you do, you can get some good equipment there which will help you through the rest of the game ;)

- Wanderer -

• No dice. I re-installed the mod: de-activated Crossover, de-installed Freelancer, reboted PC, deleted both folders (saves and installation), installed Freelancer, reboted PC, removed attributes from Freelancer folder, actived Crossfire, reboted PC. Then I have beaten the first mission again.
    I have just been camping NY' Collorado jumphole for 15 minutes and not a single ship shows up. I can fly around patrol paths, and not a single ship will fly by. Only around the bases there is traffic.
    To add insult to the injury, I STILL can access the Custodian jupmgate. (access granted).

Please, what I am doing wrong?

edit: I firewalled Freelancer from the internet accsess, can it cause such a problems?

• CF 1.9 after installing for a first time will get big pack of updates (there is also new launcher, which require only once use multiplayer). This gate to Custo I think require deleting restart.fl from your savegames folder and start new campaign. But actually Im not sure about this, I only know now that in 2.0 is this gate closed for campaign.

I just now arrived in MP to Detroit and there Xenos pack attached some NPCs traders. After moved to jump hole to Colorado .. check screenshot. There was little later also fighting (npcs). Is possible that you vanilla FL can be a problem? If there were not done changes, then NY still use vanilla settings for this.

• Thanks, resolved. After I let Crossfire update itself, all my problems has gone (problems with Freelancer, I mean :) ).
    I just kind of assumed that the recently downloaded file must contain all of the updates.

• You welcome :) ... and it will be rly nice if all problems could be solved with loading updates :D