Posts by pomor

There is a bug with the Luxury Liner/ Prison ship, it hungs up indefinitely around the trade line gate, after docking into it 80% of the tries to dock with it. But that is minor thingy, really. Why on Earth I can dock with West Point but cannot with any Freeport at all (npc TRAINS can dock with Freeports all the time). And what the titan of Intellect have thought that it is a good idea to not let the god damned PRISON ships to dock with PRISON stations. I mean, what in the name of the flying fuck?!

I mean, I would never expect myself to complain about Hovis race. After all, I happen to beat Hovis while flying Dromadery numerous times. But in this mod, come on, it seems beyond my 44 y.o. reflexes. ... I am flying the god damned fly, the Trailblazer, and there is always a gate I cannot fit into, two or three after I get blinded by the sun. SWAT, would you consider to make it possible to skip the Hovis quest's cutscene? I mean I have seen it like 200+ times already it is driving me crazy.

All the Bertonia Armed Forces have the names like "Armed Forces B-907/I Crusader" Is it a bug or or it is supposed to be like that?

Minor thing I admit, not the reason to re install Freelancer again, to be sure, but it keeps gnawing on me.

Quote from Martind Forlon

Next to this is one recommended thing which is mentioned here: index.php?page=Article&articleID=966&languageID=1#How to avoid graphic problems while playing Freelancer

Following this guide I added 0x6014 = "GeForce 9800 GT" into the file, and from now on, when starting Freelancer, I keep getting unhanded exception 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' in Freelancer.exe [1064]
    After that I restart, and it starts like normal. What gives?

Not in the game Peaseduke :) only whiskey and vodka

I have seen Rum once...
    By "statistical FL programs" you mean something like datastream? No. I dont use it.
    Now, whenever I start the launcher I get unhanded exception 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' in Freelancer.exe [1064]
    After that I restart, and it starts like normal.
    Also, I have EXE2 folder but only when FL is running. When I close the program, it is no longer there.
    Also, no sure what do you mean by virtualization, but rather no, it is normal Windows XP, not the virtual machine.

You don't have any programs open which can lock the FL-files - right ?

Come to think about it, the files could be locked by Crossfire itself?
    Meaning, what exactly happend, when I first loaded the save, the game crashed to desktop just upon undocking from base. Into the task bar. I had to kill the Freelancer process, then, after restart, I got a error abou FL launcher having to close. I tried to start the game again, and this time it started, and I could undock even, but there was no names on NPCs, the picture in my post above.

Thanks for the reply. You mean that I am supposed to be online all the time while playing SP? Well, OK.
    So I did. Traders on the stations have different stuff now. Still no Cardemine on Buffalo or Rochester, or Side Arms at Detroit Munitions though. Weird, but I can live with that.
    So I played a little, saved. And left my PC alone for a time. Then loaded the save, undocked, and got this:

I mean, no names of NPCs. Sigh... Now what, reinstall?

That's

But I think you need a Trade Route Calculator

While, I appreciate your intention, I am not looking for the most profitable trade route. Not now, at least. I just finished the first mission and explored the N.York system.
    Damn it, whenever I feel the urge for some freelancing, something stupid happens and kills the mood.

BTW, sorry for the harsh words, did not mean to lash out like that. It is very good mod, as a matter of fact, it may be the very reason I got so annoyed.

Yes, it does. (I have to wait for 200 files to download only after the reinstall.)
    Also, it is just Pharmaceuticals. I can safely click Engine Components, Vodka, Scrap Metal and Water. But once I click Pharmaceuticals, wellcome to the desktop.

EDIT: I did that adding GPU thingy, but it changs nothing. Crashing persists. Also in my flconfigdatabase.txt file there was no geforce cards added by Louva-Deus, only the radeons.

OK. After the Reinstall, the crash persists. To be exact, after clicking at the pharmaceuticals in the West Point Academy trader I am back to the desktop, Freelancer is in the task bar. After clicking it, there is just a sound. I have no choice but to kill the Freelancer.exe process. What shall I do?
    Also, is there a way to download the complete Crossfire 1.9 mod once and for all? I mean, so I am not forced to wait for the 200 files to download again and again?

"And wait for the launcher to update dynamic economy."
    How I do that?

(And how on Earth one is using quote feature on this forum)

Have I said that my problems are over?
    Hey, theCrossfire keeps crashing to desktop all the time. It minimalises, only sound is played, then it crashes. Reload seemd to help, till now. But after looking into trader's inventory at the West Point it crashed more seriously. After the reload, the inventory of the trader at West Point was empty. Next re-load and the Freelancer will not even start. I am reinstalling the thing right now, but I am starting to loose my patience with this buggy mess of a mod...

Thanks, resolved. After I let Crossfire update itself, all my problems has gone (problems with Freelancer, I mean :) ).
    I just kind of assumed that the recently downloaded file must contain all of the updates.

No dice. I re-installed the mod: de-activated Crossover, de-installed Freelancer, reboted PC, deleted both folders (saves and installation), installed Freelancer, reboted PC, removed attributes from Freelancer folder, actived Crossfire, reboted PC. Then I have beaten the first mission again.
    I have just been camping NY' Collorado jumphole for 15 minutes and not a single ship shows up. I can fly around patrol paths, and not a single ship will fly by. Only around the bases there is traffic.
    To add insult to the injury, I STILL can access the Custodian jupmgate. (access granted).

Please, what I am doing wrong?

edit: I firewalled Freelancer from the internet accsess, can it cause such a problems?

It is possible to cope with improved NPCs even in vanilla ships. Rhino with Barradger 1 turrets and Scorpion guns can (almost) cope with anything level 1 or 2 mission can throw at you. I just wish for the missiles to work more like in vanilla. Meaning, to stand a chance to hit something with it, from time to time. As opposed to not even knowing where the hell this missile have flew to...

Thanks for all the answers.

I think more that your mod installation/activation went wrong ... usual issue is that your system disallowed overwrite game files during activation.

I guess I am going to try reinstall before playing any further. Especially that my Mod Manage is 1.3 instead of 1.3.1 required by the FAQ. One more question, though. Next to the Rochester there is a new jumpgate (called Custodian). Even while, storyline-wise, not having a jump access, I was able to use that one jumgate. Then through Custodian system I reached something that looked like hub system of sorts. I have not explored any further, it felt like bug exploiting. The question is: was I supposed to use that jupgate so early in storyline?

Hi, my name is Pomor and I am playing Crossfire 1.9 sp campaign. Well I am just afer the first mission. I have played vanila many times, and I see the veird thing here. Aren't Xenos supposed to attack the Detroit Munitions and Junker base from time to time? And BH should spawn aroud Buffalo? And many criminal spawns should be around both NY's outward going jumpholes?
    Well, there are none. Around Buffalo there are some Roughs and Outcasts, around Rochester, Junkers and Roughs. And no one is attacking them. Never.
    The most weird thing, they often put out that line "there is too much to them, I bug out", but there is no opposition is sight. Ever.
    No police/navy patroling Badlands or that debris field around Rochester. No criminals attacking lawful bases. Except for tradeline disruption attacks, these are present. But I can sit on the patrol path indefinitely, and no one will show up. Ever. Except around the bases.

The question is, is i normal behaviour of the Crossfire (for performance or whatever reason), or something got wrong with my instalation?

I just started playing Crossfire single player mod. Have you done something to the Junkers reputation? I am trying to kill enough Xenos to get Junkers's missions, both by just killing them, and by flying missions for Agiera, Xenos are almost full red by now, and my rep with Junkers won't even budge. I have checked the empathy.ini, is seems normal with regards of Junker-Xeno relationship (have not looked into anything else, to avoid spoilers). Is it a bug of some kind, or a "feature"?