X-Rebirth

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Locksley.

• Hey Guys, i just want to know what you think about the new game from Egosoft. I have seen some trailers about it and it looked very great. I played Terran Conflict a bit before but the control was very complexicated so it startet to get frustrating very early.

Do you think the new game will be the money worth it and is it a game for casuals?

• Hello Snowe, welcome :)

... if you saw trailers, give links here please :)

• YouTube
    The game itself will be released in november.

It would be so great if it was possible to play it in multiplayer :D

Edited 2 times, last by Snowe: wrong button ().

• sp only

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Due to the VERY active community - including capable modders - I would assume that at some point in a
    not too far away future, there might/will be a possibility to play this also in multiplay.

Perhaps not on a www.-server, but at least as a LAN game.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• egosoft have consistently said that it will never be a multiplayer game. this topic has been aired loads of times on the forums.
    every player wants it to be converted, but we have always been told that it is too complex. I, for one, always live in hope of
    it becoming a multi player game.

cheers

Ray OK

ps. nice to see u active again, albeit only occasionally

• It`s out for over a month now.

Has anybody tried it yet ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @ Zhe Boss

UHM ! That sounds bad. Could you give a 'lil more info about what offset you so much ?
    What are the hopes dissapointed by the game ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• @ NucNuc

Well, the game was going to be the "Rebirth" of the Sci-Fi genre, instead, it blew it all in pieces. Everything they promised was there, but some of the games look better in Alpha, and got less bugs than Rebirth does. What I can advise you if you're eager to play it is to wait for at least 3-4 updates and 2-3 DLCs to come out for it to get polished, with less bugs and performance issues, and issues like unable to continue the campaign, the horrible movement while docked, and the random ship bugs that appear. Getting ganked by a giant ass ship at the start of the game (2nd or 3rd mission) killed it for me. Out of nowhere, a ship appeared, blew me to pieces and i lost the progress.

• THY for your answer.
    Sounds like they "pushed" it in the end a bit too much to be the "first" to release.

Well, then wait for the comming bugfixes and ... what their modding community will do to it ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• X series always got better with time
    so patience

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Several months have passed since the release and I still haven't bougth it. I just read some comments on Facebook about the latest patch and I am not sure anymore if the game really is that bad like it's often claimed. I just come to the opinion, that many people wanted X-Rebirth something to be that it could never be. They thought it could be something in the size of Star Citizen may be. Maybe they really thought X-Rebirth could be a kind of alternative to Star Citizen, which it never wanted to be.

Here is a example: "Just stop. You ruined a great series, and your reputation. I thought XR was going to be the best space sim and turns out to be one of the worst space sims I've played.

Good thing Star Citizen is coming out."

Of course there seem to be still some bugs and technical issues but I think that they can and will be fixed with patches and every X-game got a lot of free patches and content, which is very rare nowaday in the gaming bussines. Egosoft was allways a company which was very sympathetic for me and as one of the last bigger German gaming developers I think that they need to be more supported, but this is just my oponion.

Maybe some of you can tell if the game is really THAT bad like it's claimed or if some of the people really placed to many hopes on it.

• it might be better than star citizen.
    who knows

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I own it.
    If one decides to buy it should be really cheap. I paid about half the price and still feel it was a bit much compared to what you got.

It is a nice platform for future development but needs some heavy patching to bring interesting game mechanics and deeper game play before it will be "fun".
    There is so much missing that you will get frustrated. The menu system is not very well thought out - it is slowly getting better through new patches.

I have only put down about 70h into this, played it from 1.25 and now 1.30 but as I am wont to say "I don't trust it".

X-AP is a better game for empire building; actually you can't yet build an empire in X-Rebirth.

It got potential but it still has a very long way to go :(