Posts by Snowe

Hey guys, my dad wanted to play the new Crossfire Mod 2.0, but because is english isn't that good im about to tell his problem.

So the basic problem is that he can't connect to the server. As soon as he is going on Multiplayer all the servers are showing up, but he can't see how many players are on the servers and he sees no ping. When he starts to connect to the server the whole game crashes even refreshing the list or going back to main menu causes it to crash.

The weird thing about it is the point, that he allready played Crossfire 1.9 without any problems. So he just deinstalled the old mod + Freelancer + Mod Manager and deleted everything about Freelancer on his PC, so that he will has a new installation that there won't be any problems with installing the new 2.0 version.

Also me and my dad are using the same router and i can connect to the server without any problems and i haven't changed anything since Crossfire 1.9. We also have opened the udp ports 2300-2400 and run everything as admin.

I am using Windows Vista and he is using Windows 7 64 bit with Avira AntiVirus but also deactivating the windows fire wall and Avira hasn't helped.

So i am running out of ideas what the problem could be, because single player works without any problems and the launcher also has loaded everything without an error or something like that. The point i really don't understand is why the whole game crashes when he's selecting multiplayer and then trys to go back, refresh the list or try to connect to the server.

We also have deactivated the 3D-Sound and have changed the multiplayer ID so that he can use is old characters but i think that shouldn't be the problem.

I hope you can help us with this problem because we really don't know what to do.

Best regards

Several months have passed since the release and I still haven't bougth it. I just read some comments on Facebook about the latest patch and I am not sure anymore if the game really is that bad like it's often claimed. I just come to the opinion, that many people wanted X-Rebirth something to be that it could never be. They thought it could be something in the size of Star Citizen may be. Maybe they really thought X-Rebirth could be a kind of alternative to Star Citizen, which it never wanted to be.

Here is a example: "Just stop. You ruined a great series, and your reputation. I thought XR was going to be the best space sim and turns out to be one of the worst space sims I've played.

Good thing Star Citizen is coming out."

Of course there seem to be still some bugs and technical issues but I think that they can and will be fixed with patches and every X-game got a lot of free patches and content, which is very rare nowaday in the gaming bussines. Egosoft was allways a company which was very sympathetic for me and as one of the last bigger German gaming developers I think that they need to be more supported, but this is just my oponion.

Maybe some of you can tell if the game is really THAT bad like it's claimed or if some of the people really placed to many hopes on it.

Hey Guys, i just want to know what you think about the new game from Egosoft. I have seen some trailers about it and it looked very great. I played Terran Conflict a bit before but the control was very complexicated so it startet to get frustrating very early.

Do you think the new game will be the money worth it and is it a game for casuals?

Das ist wirklich das schöne an dieser Community, die Leute helfen sich gegenseitig. Eine Eigenschaft, die es leider heute nur noch selten gibt...

I don't know if it's possible but I think it would be nice to improve the quality of the cockpit-view, because I think like the cockpit is now it's a bit boring. Just some more Details, mabe a little radar at the background or some buttons would be nice.

After the update yesterday it was all nice, but after the update today the writing of the golden interface has changed to blue and the commands at the top of the screen too.