Idea for Trains

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daverin.

• So I just had a thought about a way trains can be used for even MORE money that usual... at extreme risk.

Specifically, I was thinking that there could be two separate classes of cargo pods. There would the ones already existing... and then there would be Coalition containers. Basically, if you bring an alliance pod to Coalition space, or vice versa, it should pay off majorly.

The risks and difficulties are obvious. The LOOONNNG travel time combined with the fear of the Nomads and Dom Kovash makes this foolhardy for all but the most patient and brave or foolish of freighters. That said, why go it alone? It could be a perfect opportunity to encourage RP between a merchant and some mercenaries or bodyguards of some kind.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Apologies, looks like this was the wrong subforum to post this in. Could it be moved to Mod Development?

Edited once, last by Daverin: edit ().

• While they are those physical pods, that cannot be dropped, the idea sounds good. Any item or such droppable stuff can be exploited for the money, between Sirius and Altair, as there is a shortcut way.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• lol

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 2 times, last by Michael: . ().

• I like idea about trade between Alliance and Coalition like was suggested (will move thread later). And counting a fact that for coalition is planned huge update (2.0) to 'life' there it looks possible.

• Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I support Daverin's basic idea's and would very much like to see something like this happen in the next mod upgrade.

on a side note, how the hell does one read the spoilers, it has me beat :(?(:cursing::help::help::help::help:

I thought martind forlan would go for the idea, he already does something similar himself, with the SA's and any others that he can draw in.

come on guys, help me read these damn SPOILERS. they are doing my head in. :sos::arghs::brainsnake:

cheers

Ray OK

• They are "Spoilers" for some reason :D

But well, you can open them by clicking on them, with the mouse... if nothing is appearing, that means you are using an old Internet Explorer browser, or don't have a proper JAVA installed, or such.

• They are "Spoilers" for some reason :D

But well, you can open them by clicking on them, with the mouse... if nothing is appearing, that means you are using an old Internet Explorer browser, or don't have a proper JAVA installed, or such.

I guess that is the reason then, there is an awful lot that I still have to learn about the workings of the internet and forums, I will see what I can do about the spoilers then.
    I am fully aware of the reason for "Spoilers" and that it is for an individual to choose to read them. I quite often choose not to read spoilers, however, on this occasion I wanted to read them
    but have no choice if for technical reasons I cannot.

oh well, I will find out what they were, one way or another. I am nothing if not determined.

thanks anyway

Ray OK
    :(:(:(:(:(:(

just checked my computer system and find that I have upto date Java and IE10 installed, are there any other reasons why I cannot choose to read spoilers????
    :D

Edited once, last by RayOK: just checked my computer system ().

• I'd love to see trains flying into Coalition space and back to Sirius myself. Nice one :3

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• in first place id like to see ppl on the server and clans paying their systems
    the current server situation is a nightmare and if that does not change anytime soon ill have to close it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• At ANY rate, sounds like everyone who posted so far likes cargo pod runs to and from Coalition space. I suppose there is the question of what the Coalition would put in pods? Have they been established as using any unique alloys or somesuch? Not that OP couldn't elegantly make something to fit if he wanted to, of course...

EDIT: And just as I am about to post I find OP giving unhappy news... Alas, had I money myself, I'd probably contribute. Seems like a small price to pay for what is a great experience.

• in first place id like to see ppl on the server and clans paying their systems
    the current server situation is a nightmare and if that does not change anytime soon ill have to close it

if ever you decide to close the server, IMHO, it would devastate an awful lot of caring, loyal people.
    however, as always, it is your choice.

whether you like it or not, you have many friends on this forum who respect and admire you very much. please think carefully before pulling the plug.

just saying

Ray OK

• Its not entirely in his hands. Running this HAS to cost money and time. WIthout people, his time is not being rewarded. Without clans paying, he doesn't have money. The latter in particular is rather difficult to resolve without someone stepping in to help him.

I REALLY hate being a poor college student. And I even got my first capital ship. Dem gunboats are fun.