looking for good ships

There are 74 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• The ones I already said in my post, I mentioned all ships, and named more than half of them ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i am assuming that you are playing the SP game. the hyperion gate will deny you access, but, when you have completed the race against hovis and escaped from leeds, then you can go through the hyperion gate.

beware what you wish for. once in coalition space you will find an altogether different level of difficulty from the NPC's however, have fun and save your game BEFORE commiting yourself to certain actions.

enjoy

Ray OK

• Yeah...
    Styx, Mandar and Gladius/Gurm isn't just a cute walk (after Inner Core its cake though).

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• None of those have 6 class 10 gun slots. Most of them are CF 1.8 additions, and that only brought 1 ship with 6 Class 10 slots, the Redemption at Tarsus. It actually got available in 1.82 but whatever :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Moreover, mos of them are made by chinese guys (except of Phoenix that made by americans), because they are sold where? Right, Coalition space.

• made in china.... heh why not make "borrow" their ships and improve them with 6 class 10 weapon variants that is somewhat exclusive somewhere

you guys got these kind of ships for your mod yet you keep people away from them at the same time by making them not so viable compared to others

EDIT:
    mind an explanation of after buying a bullpup2 everyone in the custodian became my enemy? even synth foods and synth foods is considered an ally in my reputation bar
    also noone explained the draw back of the armor upgrades

Edited once, last by xrook: why am i being forced to add 'REASON OF EDITING' when its suppose to be optional ().

• Actually, ships used by Coalition officials have 6 class 10 guns - scan ANY fighter in Coalition space. Because they sell decomissioned and weakened ship for civilians.
    Most ships have 4 class 10, because class 9 slots are for Nemesis and Cataclysm missiles you use in PvP.
    Drawback of Armor Class 10 - loss of agility.

• missiles? you can equip missiles in gun slots?

meh... huge hulls are useless anyway if it consumes the entire nano bots in one gulp

• In one gulp? Basilisk, Basilisk, and again Basilisk (the ship on my signature). Try to get it (sold in Coalition space), and PvE is yours.

• ok... so after testing out the phoenix i seem to like it better than the deimos, even without the extra damage and from the turret and 10 more speed the phoenix has better turn rate and extra bit of extra cargo space
    about the deimos, i seem to notice it doesnt have to ability to stop its engines (intended?)

also tried out 2 windstalker missiles in combat, how does the tracking ability of missiles work properly 50% of the time it seems it doesnt want to track and it just lowered my overall DPS when taking a ship down

• Don't use missiles in PvE (unless against Ancients, Nomads or IC aliens), or use them only when going front-in-front.
    And no. ONLY missiles that to be used in CF are Nemesis and Cataclysm (Coalition space again).
    Usage of TWO missiles of the SAME type made me do facepalm.

• i dont know if its worse but i was thinking of all 6 missiles (with very good tracking if there is one) and a very very fast ship (hit and run)

• In PvP - good idea (Hardly countered by CM spam though), but in PvE... good luck with refilling, and wasting ammo due to enemy CMs.

• then why not add a missile build in the next patch?

a missile that has very good tracking, decent DPS, and a whole ton of ammo to use maybe 900?

• Missiles are deadly enough if you know how to use them ... (In PvP and PvE too .. it need more experience).

Next to that with 900 missiles in cargo your ship will be overloaded and ship agility very very bad.

And 6x missile ships idea is not new .. but they can fail for more reasons. Use guns is more difficult, but they are "certainty"

• so breaking it down, for more DPS end game ships are

6 class 10 guns

or

2 class 9 guns
    4 class 10 guns
    1 forward turret

and only a few of them exist and most of them keeps people away because of the badly designed models. if im a hardcore gamer i would choose these ships hands-down but since im not... im being given very little options

• Depend for what you like your ship use, if for PvE you can try search for guns (loot) in Dervon system ... those are only one 10 lvl long range which can be used with same projectiles speed like 9lvl guns and turrets.

For PvP is most common use mix guns, missiles, CDs and Torps. Missile users use 3-4 missiles, 1-2CDs or CDs and Torpedo (depend about ship hard-points available for this). Gunners use often 4 guns, two missiles and two CDs.

• ONLY missiles that to be used in CF are Nemesis and Cataclysm (Coalition space again).

They are Sirius missiles, don't make any ideas, since Coalition doesn't have their blueprints, and also the reason why they can't sell ammo for those missiles :D

The best Coalition has ,for level 9 slots, are Jackhammer missiles (eww) ^^

then why not add a missile build in the next patch?

a missile that has very good tracking, decent DPS, and a whole ton of ammo to use maybe 900?

You are asking for something overpowered, something that would break any balance... there already are these top missiles you heard of, which can take down other player's shields and hulls in a single full shot. A missile like this would leave it to the first one into shooting them wins, end of game.

i like to use guns/turrets with very very high projectile speed for easier hitting

The guns you can buy with those stats, are in Coalition space at Planet Murmansk, their best of the best, sold to civilians :D

But there are even better guns in Inner Core, another sector outside Sirius that is owned by our friends Dom Kavash (no sarcasm here xD), and the bad aliens that are coming from other galaxies through the gate Dom Kavash built, and can't close anymore. Kill those intruders, and you will get high end weapons. But to get near them, you already need a high end ship with full top equipment. So it's safer continueing with the Singleplayer story until you reach Coalition.