Impossible in the beginning of the game

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cryzis.

• ignore Juni

I wish I could do this forever...
    Still, ignore that annoying gal as long as its possible, this way you'll get more money.
    My own thought: I wish one day she'll finally get killed and leave me free... *Sigh* I hate her.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay: F... reasons ().

• Cygna: I like mainly this idea pods price on 1/10 for SP ...

• Crossfire is a multiplayer mod
    eventhough it has a sinpleplayer mod and is practically the only mod which really continues the FL storyline it always will remain a multiplayer mod
    therefore it is balanced on the needs of the multiplayer people
    they are the ones which keep this community running aswell as the development on the mod.

even there it is not possible to balance a mod for different player styles... it simply does not work
    and since singleplayer and multiplayer are directly connected you can not apply a different difficulty between the both -> the FL engine does not allow it

the link with the balance was removed by me
    There is a reason why the player has to agree not to modify the Crossfire mod before installing it.
    If people start to play with these files and someday decide to join the multiplayer such modifications can destabilize the server and let it crash (which infact is not good for all the other players which simply want to enjoy the mod in the way it was provided).
    You might now say that you only use it for SP and dont connect to the server... but that is no guarantee that others which use it stick only to the SP.
    I am also not able anymore to give any support if players start using such modifications and can for sure not guarantee anymore that the mod will work as it should.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok, i understand you and you are right

well, alles für die Katz aber was solls ...

im looking forward for crossfire 2.0, thx again for this awesome mod :)

- o1ofco2

• You might now say that you only use it for SP and dont connect to the server... but that is no guarantee that others which use it stick only to the SP.

Which is a very valued point.

What people must understand that Crossfire is one of the few mods out there that
    allow you to play it OFFLINE (SP & OSP ), I for one do NOT want to lose that added bonus.

Complaining too much on how hard the SP version is to you as players, only would change the
    minds of people who make future developments, and thus make them Multiplayer ONLY !!
    This i do not want to see happen with Crossfire.

So when you get blown up alot in SP ask yourself this " Am I doing something wrong? " before you
    blame the game. I think you will find that most of the time it would be your playing style.
    Engine kill is the best way imo to defeat the NPC's, so try that.

Rgds

Cygna

• Well, going thru few mods it seems CF really is the only option unless your a fan of star wars, since im not 15 anymore i kinda dislike "star wars mods" tho the one in question does have a working concept of automated turrets i'd like to try.

As for CF and FL all together i think this game is not for me "anymore" as mods have gone the path of multiplayer-balance and such i am unable to play due to my connection.
    I build race-cars / upgrade street-cars, so i need to test the settings and modifications, thus i moved near a race-track far from the city and seemingly any connection so im down to mobile connections. Also organizing track-days in the summer takes much of my time so i can only play games during the winter.

Anyways, no bad feelings or anything. Maybe one day you guys can do a single-player only "side-mod" for us SP fans, with automated turrets too ^^
    One can hope.

• Hi, I used the search function and found this topic.

I hvae the same problem. At the beginning you must do a mission where you get to a rouge base near Maine. It is impossible for me to destroy the weapon platforms, because I get fired from all directions.
    And I die before I can take down the 1st platform, even when using all 10 nanobots.

It is frustrating, I tried it 5-6 times and can't proceed.

• try investing your money in better guns (guns which fit together)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I upgraded them on the 2nd planet (Pittsburgh). But only added a countermeasure, eraser missile. There was no better laser weapon than those you start with.

Can I abort the mission? So I can look in Manhattan, if there are better weapons.

PS: 3 hits from the weapon platform and I'm dead.

Edited once, last by dubpop: added info about hits ().

• i remember that there are lvl3 weapons at manhattan (compared to the lvl2 weapons... better)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think it's nearly impossible to break mission where you are. Maybe try a different tactic and avoid the fire/evade.
    Strafing and engine kill might do the trick also - try something different than what you did ;)

Hth

Edit: you can allways restart missions if you want to :)

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by SilverFox: . ().

• the info that you have received is good.

remember that bombers come in to destroy the base, so you concentrate on taking down the rogue npc's and avoiding the platforms at first. after the base is down there are several other ships to help with the platforms.

the beginning isn't really too difficult, even with the basic ship.

cheers

Ray OK

• This guy at 9:40 onwards has a lot fewer enemies
    YouTube

And it looks much easier, he is much more powerful.
    Also I don't see that particle cloud around the base (all graphic settings on max).

Does this come from the difference between stock Freelancer and the Crossfire modified version?

• I came back to FL after 2 years absense and went for CF right away, why? becouse it is harder. If you are fair you can easyly grab a Dagger in vanilla FL and just play though the storyline without ever getting problems. CF makes it harder and well, of course i blew up a lot in the first mission - simply takes a while to get into the stuff again.

While i agree that the first missions (cannot tell about the later as i only just completed #3) a bit hard they are doable (in one of the random loadouts) and acctually very easy if you take the relaxed approach

As for the first mission: cut your engine, hammer some salvos (using plasma guns +missile) into the platform while you are passing (at ~400 speed), once out of the melee stop, turn, accelerate again (to 400+), cut drive,.... repeat as nessesary.

by OP
    ...there are lvl3 weapons at manhattan...

Don't go for the "fast" ones. The plasma weapons - even lvl 2 - are real "hammers". :D
    Dunno why everybody wants to go - in SP - for speedy fast firing lasers. With a bit practice of

by SiverFox
    Strafing and engine kill might do the trick also.

the first missions until you arrive in Bretonia space are MUCH more fun, a damn good training in aiming and -
    even in less time to accomplish (single mission time) than with the often recommended lasers.

(BUT - DON'T try this with the NPCs on the server :verrueckt: , only if you're a REAL flying ace, mastering all tricks on strafing, CDs, etc. ... and some more ).

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thx for your tips.

I tired the engine cut thing before the fight and it worked sailing with 250 backwards. But in fight I suddenly stand still with zero speed after engine cut and get fired to death.
    I loaded an earlier save game. On Pittsburgh, there is only a freighter for 19k. And the fighter there costs 8 million.
    So I decided to leave the planet and fly to Manhattan. But this doesn't work, because otherwise King complains and aborts the mission.

I guess I will start over.

I tired the engine cut thing before the fight and it worked sailing with 250 backwards. But in fight I suddenly stand still with zero speed after engine cut and get fired to death.

Engine Kill -> YouTube (In case if this helps) and you're probably standing still because you haven't increased your inertial speed. The Engine Kill relies on the inertial speed and mouse movement.

You don't really have to change your ship in the beginning. You can mount a missile launcher at planet Pittsburgh and change your guns there(for better ones). Just aim and maneuver more and avoid any direct shots and you should be fine.