Tertiary suugestions: news, rumors and so on for bars.

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• In thread "Questions, suggestions for Crossfire 2.0" I got an idea for news and rumors for Coalition stations. I decided not to pollute that thread with full news and rumors texts, and create separate thread. You can also post your own suggestions for news and rumors here.
    I decided to make Coalition's news to be with less propaganda (to be more realistic) and more objective. If Dev Team has its own thoughts about it, you can warn me. And If I rising too much activity, you also can warn me.
    News and rumors for another factions also can be stored here.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Fighter Corps Getting New Toy.
    (Archive) Or scientists have reverse-engineered some tech of aliens known as Nomads. So now we are able to incorporate in with our weaponry. New weapon, marked 10G42 by GRAU and commonly called Coalition Gattling, is a deadly thing. It is five-barreled rotary particle cannon, able to deal serious damage with huge rate of fire and high projectile speed. It is still top-secret, what relation do they have to alien tech, how exactly do they work, and where exactly they are produced. But it is already produced in enough numbers to equip all fighters in Coalition fleet with this weapon. Scientists are working on further improving this weaponry, but no more information above development process is aviliable.

• Anomaly in Yakutsk: Fast way to Alliance's space?
    15 years ago Coalition Space Navy lost a patrol in Yakutsk. Blackboxes showed that strange hole opened with shockwave, which damaged all patrol ships beyond repair.Coalition has guarded this area for a long time. Now scientists from Sakharov NII are able to say: we do not need to guard this object, called Transdimesional Rift, since it is only one-side way. This Transdimesional Rift guides to unknown system in Sirius Space, in Alliance's territory. But since unknown system has no transdimesional rifts, there is no way to use it to return back to Altair. Still, way to Altair is another Transdimesional Rift in Sol, which guides to Styx system. This rift is two-sided, but Nomad presence in Styx does not allow not us nor Alliance to research it.

• Not The Nomads
    We already reported about strange space-living beasts in Gurm, Gladius, Mandar and Vorkuta. The first opinion about them was that they are species of Nomads, but it was refused, when our patrol had recovered sample of this creature. This creature has low common signs with Nomads, both morphologically and genetically. Their weaponry is also different.
    So who are they, our new enemies? Professor Ronald Quintane from Alliance together with our top biologists from Mechnikov NII made a sensational discovery. They found trails of creature's genom in the ruins of old race called Dom'Kavash, and Nomads are seem to be their slaves and guardians, bred specially to protect them. So, if Dom'Kavash first were reported to somehow disappeared, then this discovery can say: they did not died, they left for somewhere.
    it is still unknown, are they gonna to return and take their former domain, or they are just watching, how are we here. Stay tuned for further research.
    Author's comments:
    NII stands for Scientific Research Institute.

• Victory Day Anniversary Parade is questioned.
    When Coalition Sleeper Ships left Earth, their database contained measuring of Earth days and years. That was made for a singular purpose: to save information about 9 may. That victory was long time ago, in 1945, but we shall never forget our past, and never forget our first serious victory against fascism. Every 9 May by the ancient Moscow's time Space Navy was deploying a parade near Coalition HQ.
    But now it seems that we need to change our plans.
    Unknown ships, which have relations to Dom'Kavash race (read news article: Not The Nomads) are noticed near Coalition HQ. Even if it is heavily armed, we can be unable to earn a peaceful surrounding for parade. So, now Advisory of Commissars of People are deciding, what measures should to be accepted. Those measures include: cancel the parade, move it to safe place, like Sovetskaya system or New Mekka, or increase the defense of Coalition HQ. The Advisory shall get decision to the public as quickly as possible.

Author's comments: This seems to be awkward. Still anniversary a victory happened near 8 hundreds years ago... And By the way, photo to this article can be photo of red flag above reichstag.
    Oh, OP is german... That could be offensive...

• Dark Reigns Holding the line:
    When our sleeper ships left Earth, we saved some schematics for our most sophisticated, dangerous and feared weapon: Ion cannons of "Dark Reign" class. Those are very powerful weapon, able to destroy a whole fleets with ease. In first, we created a platform for this weapon and used it as a main frame of Boridin space station, which was used during the habitation of Murmansk. Since all metal from Murmansk's core was aviliable to Coalition, we have built more of those defensive stations, and deployed them in our border systems: Gladius and Gurms, and near Coalition HQ.
    After attacks of aliens known as Nomads, those cannons opened fire at intruders. Dark Reigns destroyed a huge number of aliens trying to sneak in our central systems. We will be enough to say: no one Nomad ship did not reached Sovetskaya. All patrols in Gladius/Gurm are advised to head to the nearest Dark Reign in case of Nomad overwhelming pursuit. The same advice is for civilians, got into Gladius/Gurm for some reason. But be advised, Space Navy and Dark Reign operators bear no responsibility of the civilian causalities in Gladius/Gurm.

Question to the old gamers from Starlancer: Did Coalition had DRICs during Starlancer event, or they were introduced during Crossfire? And are Dark Reigns operated by an operator inside? Or they are remote controlled? Or they are fully automated?
    Idea for news picture: DRIC on the foreground, Coalition symbol on background.

• Well... Seems like my brain said "Insufficient funds". Anybody else can give any idea?

• The explanation of the Dark Reign cannons fits well in CF :D Since on Planet Murmansk's infocard says how they needed that metal mined from the planet (to make it habitable) for building the hypergates, the DRICs and their fleet.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Consequences of Great Mine.
    As Coalition people know, mining operation on Planet Murmansk can be look like killing two rabbits at one shot. In first, we made this giant planet habitable. In second, we got incredible amount of resources directly from its core. But such a "violent" operation can lead to no less violent consequences.
    Scientists from Gagarin NII had developed a theory, that due to hollowing the core, Murmansk can lose its magnetosphere or atmosphere. Or planet's surface can break down, leading to the planetary catastrophe, some sceneries even include planetary destruction. Scientists began to develop a method to prevent the worst results. They have an idea to reinforce the "Great Mine" with a special constructions, and even make them habitable. Some even suppose a deploying the prison complex directly inside planet. But now, the most desperate Coalition pilots use the "Great Mine" as a training part, as known as "To Hell and back", which include flying through mine hole directly to planet center and performing the most complicated maneuvers there.

Author's comment: Shall I still name research insitutes as NII (НИИ, научно-исследовательский институт)? And BTW, I am not sure about this one =)

• keep it going

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Will try =)
    And just thought: would be cool to really get inside that "great mine" and do some maneuvers (with engine kill and strafes) there :).

• Inspired by previous one.
    Second Year without causalities during "To Hell and Back"
    The last step to becoming the Great Fighter Ace in Coalition is performing the maneuver training in Great Mine on Planet Murmansk. Great Mine is hole directly to center of planet. The Great Mine has special gates (including dynamically changing gates) and in center, there is some rotating gates. Training requires to do this with usage of cruise engines. Collision with these gates can lead to hitting lava inside planet and ship destruction, with known consequences. Pilots performing this training are aware of this - they are volunteering and have a right to change their decision even in beginning of event. Moreover, only most skilled pilots have a right to volunteer for trip "To Hell and back", non-secret requirements are 5 raids in Styx and Kandiris and more than one downed Nomad Battleship.
    However, seems like now our pilots are better survivors. During two years, there was more than thousand pilots successfully done this training and survived. Even one Alliance female pilot, Jun'ko Zane, was able to get second high-score. But still, the highest score is I. Kojedub, which made it without any collisions, without lowering the speed and using Kossack close-range fighter, which is known for its low agility, and, moreover, with 0.5 promille of alcohol in blood.

Author's comment: I. Kojedub - reference to WWII fighter ace Ivan Kojedub, the best USSR pilot during the war.

Edited once, last by Ajay: lulz added ().

• I am not sure about Jun'ko Zane in previous one, because, one of the secret and most important requirements are...

• Another Krelow-class is gained by Navy
    Today our glorious Capital Navy is getting another heavy cruiser of "Krelow" class. Ships of this class are heavily armed and their primary task is to bring in a fire support with fleets of fighters or another ships, while bombers target enemy capital ships, acting like Alliance battleships. This cruiser, built on Murmansk, is outfitted with new technologies such as shield and upgraded fire control system.
    This ship, together with a group of brand-new Kurgan gunboats, now is sent to patrol Sovetskaya system. Advisory is still deciding about deploying capship patrols in Gladius/Gurm, because due to presence of Nomad Bomber patrols in these systems capital ship losses (with too heavy causalities in manpower and resources, which are needed to build and control capital ship like a Krelow class) are expected.

• Volunteer to Coalition Space Navy!
    Coalition citizens! We live in a dark times. Inhuman enemy is looming at our doorstep. They destroyed our home planet and made us to leave it. They want to kill last human in the whole universe. The only thing that prevents them to do so with you is our victorious and glorious Space Navy. Join us and protect our united people! Join us to gain glory and respect in all our society!
    To volunteer, come to any recruitment point on any Coalition base. You will get all necessary conditions, and if not at battle mission, you will get a 1-week holiday one time in a month, in which you can visit your home. You will not be just sent to patrol dangerous places - only experienced pilots are sent to patrol Gladius or Gurm, thus meaning of 2 years and having a special training, patrolling Gladius/Gurm is also needs your agreement. You can be retired after 5 years, or can continue your service as long as you want, the best Coalition pilot I. Kojedub continues his service for already 15 years.
    You can be volunteered as a non-combat soldier (Intelligence officer, mechanic, capship crewman, base dispatcher, repair ship pilot, etc) if you can't be volunteered for fighter corps due to health parameters, and can retire at any moment after 1 year of service.

• Great stuff m8 !

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)