Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Better say, Spaceship Crew. Should be mandatory on all ships.

Spaceship Crew includes many different kind of personnel: navigator, weapon master, shield master, maintenance/repair, etc..
    The only valid personnel type would be the maintenance crew for the above described Hull regeneration.

Maybe a "personnel upgrade system would be funny to gunship class and up to. You could buy personnel like a power generator/shield upgrade an "attach them".
    *Maintenance crew for hull regeneration.
    *Shield master for better shield regeneration and/or extra shield capacity.
    *The one who "drive" the spaceship (Like in Star Trek xD Don't know it's name.) for slightly bigger speed or turn rate.
    *Navigator for wider radar range.
    *Weapon master for, ehh, dunno, I don't know if it is possible to manipulate weapon attributes through an attachable upgrade.

• Once I saw that Nanobots are repairing the hull over time, this idea came from that. Actually, it is possible a saw it in an earlier version of CF. I don't remember actually.

• Space Crew? In FL Game? uuhhmm.. sorry, but we are Freelancers. You are alone in your ship. All things are automates, by Robots and Computers. You are a space crew ;)
    Special Auto - Hull - Regeneration Up Grade. Just in BS (big ships), because they dont have Shield Up grade. Fighter have one. And BS need too, someone upgrade :)

• Space crew can be for Lagg (single man activates rear turret, fires at all enemies), just saying...
    Or that can be AI targeting module :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• I'm a new guy, but I've got a question/suggestion already:

Since (at least from what I saw until now) PvP combat on Crossfire is heavily missilebased. In a lengthy fight or a huge battle one runs *quickly* out of ammo for the countermeasure if it's activated.
    So my question is what the modders around here would think of implementing an energybased countermeasure dropper, with similar stats to the Adv. Countermeasure Dropper. Just using a little bit of energy instead of ammunition.
    Source of it might be some research facility of the Coalition for example, they spend lots of effort on military anyway... and if guns using solely energy are possible, countermeasures shouldn't be a big problem :)

So, what do you think?

Greetings and cya in space,

Arno_Nym

• That can be a good thing you know. But also a bad thing. Imagine a trader that is in range for a pirates CD. He keeps spamming CDs but the trader just runs and spams CMs. And he won't be stopping soon, trust me, i know it from experience ;) So i'd say no.

• I'd said "SP only". There was such an idea in one of russian SP mod.
    And Cruise Disruptors are anti-missiles... Sometimes in PvP my opponent got exploded because he launched a torpedo in a wrong time...

• We are here not in WTS World CCN. And our Admins and Server Policemans and Forumoderators are not Psychoterrorists, like a F!R or Wicked Which. And I, (yes, i do mean ME), dont want here such things like in WTS Mod. The Admins of WTS World did destroyd theyre server self. And now runs WTS Server out, because no more players there.

I say: No.

We can get more CMs in cargo, but no WTS Modded files.

I M Sorry for hard words, but this is Truth.

• No need to be sorry imho, everybody is entitled to voice his opinion ;)

But I did not post this suggestion having other mods or changing CF to be like other mods in mind. Neither was it my intention to discuss about any admins, servercrews or mods.

I just suggested a change of the CM.
    More ammo for the CM would be nice, but as far as I know it's only possible to raise the global limit for *all* types of ammo. Not sure though :huh:
    But since the idea doesn't get much positive feedback, it doesn't matter much.

Regards,

Arno_Nym

• Since (at least from what I saw until now) PvP combat on Crossfire is heavily missilebased. In a lengthy fight or a huge battle one runs *quickly* out of ammo for the countermeasure if it's activated.

Believe me, CF is very balanced in guns vs missiles. About CM: try with OFF (my defoult setup in pvps is CM=OFF). Idea for energy based Cm is nice but i think in this moment CF dont need that feature. Cya in space m8.
    (somewhere in Iner core: Oh, CM on zero, time to die :( ...after a few minutes: respawn in 03 :) )

• I actually like the Sleeper Ship idea, I think they would be a cool model for some kind of transport or cargo ship, same function as a train these days or maybe Lux. Liner or Prision transport function.

Anyway I was asked about the Goliath in Coalition space recently and if it was purchasable and I told them not in 1.9, but it got me thinking why and could it be added maybe as a replacement for one of the smaller transports that we have now with the same cargo hold. Keep in mind these are just Suggestions and Questions, I know Graphic Rendering is not as easy as just do this and do that, I use it a bit in drafting models for presentation, and I use to make Computer Games Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

Thanks for 1.9 Dev. Group and regardless of what you do I know 2.0 will be Mad Awesome...I can hardly wait.

God of Kings]Horus[Hotepsekhumui

9538-6938e351.png

:salutes Have Fun and Fly Safe 8).

• Yea i'd love to see the Goliath made buyable (with the cargo increased)...Or make a Soulforge with a Coalition skin to rival the Soulforge because making something from scratch will take too much time.:bfantasydreams:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 2 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK: - ().

• Agree on that.

At the momentary state of affairs - best might be to STOP with ANY further suggestion AT ALL.

MAAN ! We have already thrown enough at them to make almost 2 completly new games. ;)

Best for all of us : wait, enjoy what the dev team HAS already show us and ... wait.
    At some point they might come up wuth a question on their own : "how would you like this or that"

And the next point might be : "Anybody interested in beta testing ?"
    (I shiver in my boots thinkin'/dreamin' on that :) )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• the first part can be triggered by me.
    I would like to know if you all would like to have a different output or more information by the given user commands?

Current available user commands: Information: Crossfire 1.9 - Overview - User Commands
    Already existing thread to continue: User Commands, Request, Queries, Discussion...

signature.png

• Man, Goliath is F*cking UNARMED. Who the hell would fly it?

EDIT:
    Another idea: ECM Device.
    Description: can be installed like cloak. When activated, creates some hostile to everybody Sensor Echoes (NPC also try to fire at it), and jams missiles (Your missiles too, CDs are NOT included). But, if you are in group, your groupmates can't see you on NavMap.
    Need crystals to work.

Edited once, last by Ajay: F*ck reasons ().

• Im just saying there should be a Coalition option to the heavy traders.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.