Consequence

There are 116 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Rex Nebular.

• Well I am tired to see this comparation between CF and Disco those 2 mods are very different in my noob opinion even try Disco few times but I cant stay on sever more then 20-30 min to boring for me but this is my problem not Disco fault, I think a close comparation is between CF and Hamburg city ( the mods are still different but much close then cf and disco) ,so in this matters to see what happens there I play on HHC few times and what I see there , all ppl use the same ship (eagle), all use prety much the same gear ,all time they stay in sys like new berlin , theta or gamma, all day have big battles , 80% what happen there is pvp wich is cool for me and my last words about hhc I saw last week 48 ppl online wich is a big number for this days .

If i look on CF I see much more cool things , cf have much more ships , different gear to use ,more sys , even a story line on MP wich is very cool and unic(DK story),the best graphics (this one not good for me coz I have a crappie computer :) ) and CF have much more cool things..., here on CF u can pvp like on HHC and can RP like on disco , on CF is rom for harcore players and for soft ones too is space for all kinda of ppl, what CF don’t have anymore I my opinion is not much active ppl , active clans ( just IOC and SA I see online ), no GRs online and big battles , if we will have this the rest will come and will be much RP and much fun .
    I read some post about no RP but what is ridiculos on this is a lot of those who say that they log on stay 5-10 min on sever they see few ppl pvp in x or arena and come back on forum and yell about no RP they not even play the game but all time complain by other game this is very sad , if u ask me are plenty RP (ok it can be more ) and a lot of fun u just need to play , so I call all veterans, GRs and new ppl to play and be more active .( RL...u never mess with real life that is for sure )

In the end I wanna say , I don’t juge blame no one Is just my humble opinion and maybe I am worng ..., but I speak from the battlefield (sever), see ya all in space and sorry for my bad english .

Best Regards
    Pui de Zmeu

• as long poeple would use un-tagged chars to avoid RP situations (which they would do for sure) the rules remain how they are

in my eyes the best thing that could have happened in Freelancer would be to limit the number of chars to 1 per account
    that would have solved many problems and players would play the game in the way it was meant to be.... but that is just my wish thinking

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi Op
    I've been involved in lots of role play on this server over the last 5 years and never once been in a clan tagged ship.
    Also I think if you could only have 1 ship / character then Freelancer would have died many years ago, as it would be so limited and boring.
    Once you had a good ship and all the best upgrades then there's little else to do if there's no RP going on.
    It's much more interesting having multiple ships parked up in different systems, I.e. the inner core.
    Also it's good having separate ships for events.

In game Characters Molasar,Rasalom, Lestat, Sal_Roma & Crookey 8)

• I see that different.
    with one char you will have to play the game... you will have to make decisions that are important... you will for sure switch ships with this one char but will have to play the game to do so. You can not jump from one system to the other edge of the galaxy but switching chars... you have to fly there... you have to pass systems that are territory of others... you have to sneak though blockaeds... you can not avoid getting involved in RP on your way to your destination.

On your way to this other system you would visit many other places that you barely visit today.
    I can say that because I was playing such a game for a long time -> jumpgate 2001.
    It was one of the most interesting experiences that I made with just one char per account ... and the fact that you even lost your ship and equipment when you got killed.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• if I could mount all licenses on one char would remain forever souleater

as long poeple would use un-tagged chars to avoid RP situations

there will always the players who will avoid rp anyhow. Sometimes tightening rules stifles development, and is not conducive to it.

One of my reasons, why I dont went to disco - very strict rules and compulsory roleplay. I can even quote my words in the clan before my appearing here. Bacouse sometimes it's hard to keep it at the same level for me. In my opinion, there is need the balance between roleplay and free play. Right to choose. Right to take a break and just play.

in my eyes the best thing that could have happened in Freelancer would be to limit the number of chars to 1 per account

You can't be serious... 8|
    I will run away from such server among the first! This is the way to the complete destruction of ability to start anew without losing the previous progress. Also, different characters can perform different functions in the same role. Just as my second character with BS.

No offense. It's just crazy...

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• of course it is crazy... but only for the reason that other server would offer more than 1 char

if FL would be released this way then it would be a much better game but unfortunatly time cant be turned back
    people always tend to think about what they loose instead of what they might gain.... that is something I would call crazy

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• of course it is crazy... but only for the reason that other server would offer more than 1 char

if FL would be released this way then it would be a much better game but unfortunatly time cant be turned back
    people always tend to think about what they loose instead of what they might gain.... that is something I would call crazy

If it had been released this way (only 1 char) we wouldn't be talking about it now. The community would have dumped it 5+ years ago and moved onto something else.
    It's 10 years old for those that didn't know.
    How many of us still play games that are more the 3 or 4 years old ? I can only think of one, this one. :)

It's a tribute to people like OP and other modders who keep regenerating and improving the game, and keep it going when it's well past it's sell by date.

In game Characters Molasar,Rasalom, Lestat, Sal_Roma & Crookey 8)

well, becouse it's first of obvious what comes to mind. I see some interesting features, but also see the bad. So, for me, with comparison, lack of the current possibility nevertheless appeared as not the best idea.

Aaand there is another thing. You said "there will not". Without any description of what we might like in this.
    Is like saying, "Tomorrow we'll go together to the voluntary-involuntary construction". And all at once would at least ask: "what for?.."

...May be I love Diablo II, but I DON'T play the hardcore characters. Just because it spoils the fun for me. And yes, I tried.

How many of us still play games that are more the 3 or 4 years old ?

Just two words:
    DOOM II
    X-COM.

Any questions? :D

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• I really don't have a right to even post anything here as I am a
    complete noob to CF. But I have been reading and I have been playing on
    the server and I can see your predicament. I would like to think that I
    might be around for a long time, and would HATE to see it all shut down
    before I get started. Granted. I have only been playing less than a
    week, and I really like it so far. I have yet get into the RP aspect
    where I have been trying to explore and earn some cash. Then today I got
    involved with a few players that drug me around by the hand and showed
    me a few things. I was a bit overwhelmed, but I can see where the
    benefits of the server can be for a new player like me. I will be
    getting more involved in the RP in the future, just going to take it a
    little slow, as there are more vet. players that will wipe the floor
    with me. If I were experienced in CF I would do the same, so no blame
    there.

My-2-cents: I had played on the server for about 4 days
    and not once did anyone try and contact me as to ask if I needed any
    help, or wanted to learn anything..etc.. I know that it was my fault for
    not seeking out some help, which I eventually did, but I know, as a
    noobie, if someone would have contacted me and asked me if I wanted to
    learn the ropes I would have accepted. Its like going to a car
    dealership, the salesmen don't wait in their office for you to go to
    them, they come out to you.. :D

Anyway,
    GREAT work for all involved. Very enjoyable mod. Please don't let this
    amazing mod go to waist because of some differences.

• To second [BC]afGun and to stay at the theme :

EOC (Edge of Chaos, I-War sequel)
    TACHYON THE FRINGE
    FRESPACE (and all of ots offsprings thanks to FS Open)
    X2 (and allof its offsprings, mods and variations through scrpting)

not to forget

STARLANCER (at least from time to time)

• Just to inform you:
    with the latest donations (thanks to the donors) we have an additional month time to get the situation changed.

Just wanted to let you know. It would have been unfair to keep it secret.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :bcrazy: Uhmmm !! Got at least another month

BTW, OP, you're the one, who has the proper "insight" in numbers and stats,

is there at least a tendancy for good to see ?

Or do we have to change the ways the efforts are going atm or find some other method to get the folks back ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• hard to say, during the evening hours there are improvements
    but the rest of the day is the same

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx anyway

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Before I joined IOC, I was a freelance merc for almost 2 years...only had one ship on my account.