Genesis - A new beginning

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• WB :)

• And just in case you didn't know, here's a little history lesson regarding Coca Cola. It used to contain cocaine when it was first made as the substance was legal then and used to help invigorate you. Obviously this was removed later.

Offtopic:
    That was the good old time right ;) Now i have to add cocaine to it myself! :(

• It's out!!! Finished, sorted, complete!!! Waiting for authorization on MODDB. It's a bit of a porker at 927mb but it's full of FL goodness. Please bear in mind this is now Singleplayer only, or to be more exact, Open Single Player Only. You will need a copy of FLMM, freelancer mod manager 1.3. I can't guarantee it will install with later versions. Obviously a copy of Freelancer might be handy as well.

Here's the link MODDB: Genesis 1.0 OSP download - Mod DB

One oddity some of you will encounter is a space in the equipment section of your ships for something called a licence! These were meant for multiplayer use where players would require licences to enable various roleplay requirements. I left them in as it was too much of a PIA (Pain In the ****) to remove them :)

• I've been working on the multiplayer version of Genesis and I thought i wasn't going to add any more ships, but then I saw this. It's taken from an early Freelancer Beta from 2002 and converted by a clever chap called Skotty. This is a Nomad Elite fighter with working spike animation. It activates when you use the cargo bay...

• yes - read about it
    but i think ive seen this before in a mod... maybe somebody restored it earlier or did a rebuild

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• very true... this animation crap is totally overrated
    in a fight you dont even notice it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• To be honest, not sure where the beta came from, obviously lurking on someone's hard drive somewhere. Not fired it up yet but some of the earlier features in FL were better than what we got in the release, that's for sure. It's possible that ship was made by someone earlier, i just know this version came from the beta and was converted to the more modern CMP format.

• Well i also got a beta version but that one is different. Got mine in january 2003 while this one seems to be a 3 months older. Dunno.
    I did meanwhile a complete comparison of all files and have to say that there is not much worth to be used. The only good stuff is hard coded and the rest wont make a big difference.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I've decided to release a new version of Genesis in singleplayer format only. This will be called Genesis 1.2 OSP as it is the open single player version. This means you start just after the original campaign with 10k in your pocket.

Some time ago i did release a 1.1 version of this mod, but i really needed to upgrade it to the current 1.2 version with all the fixes etc. This will have a lot of the features of the mod currently on the server and will include the price randomizer code which will make the prices fluctuate throughout the game on everything including commodities, equipment and ship prices.

I've also made all the clan ship pachyderms in all their different liveries available to buy. These are spread out throughout the game. There's a whole bunch of fixes and new features including turret zoom which is very handy on bigger ships.

Currently i'm testing this but should be ready for release towards the end of the month

• The new updated version of Genesis 1.2 OSP has been released on Moddb. Fixes a number of issues over earlier versions.

CHANGELOG 1.2 OSP

Razorback hardpoint issue fixed
    Stinger hardpoint issue fixed
    GMG guns availability fixed
    Weapons don't fall off as easily on capships and other weapons
    Licences availability issue fixed
    Licences defined correctly
    Missing mooring fixtures in Sigma 13 added
    Angul Smelter radiation zone fixed
    Neuss Smelter radiation zone fixed
    Pirate gunboat missile turrets fixed
    Domes rearranged at various bases to aid docking
    Wreck moved from inside planet Hiran
    Planet rotation speeds reduced dramatically universe wide
    Planet inertia added to keep planets spinning
    Alaska exclusion zone fixed
    IDS 197140 issue fixed (missing space in npc names)
    Lowered tradelane weapon power
    Lowered tradelane disruptions
    Kone Shidan availability fixed on Battleship Matsumoto
    Coyote loadout updated
    Some commodity drop rates improved
    Cursor colour changed to yellow
    More police patrol paths added universe wide
    Turret zoom added to a distance of 2k (zoom in or out with the mouse wheel)
    Order thruster updated and priced accordingly
    Missing missions added to Stuttgart system
    Asteroid miners now sell correct commodities
    Corrected commodity pricing on Thorsen base
    Junkers sent on vacation from Manhattan
    Pirate Scanners and Tractor beams now more difficult to obtain
    Many smaller fixes and updates

Download link here: Genesis 1.2 OSP download - Mod DB

• The Olympus complex is currently down. This includes our Freelancer server running the Genesis mod plus our dedicated Teamspeak server as well.

Why is it down i hear you cry, well we're being hacked to pieces at the moment. the attacks are mostly coming from Europe through the Freelancer server ports which is the reason the server is down. We are trying to rectify this as soon as possible, but this is not a simple hack, it's very coordinated and it's messing with a lot of our stuff. We will report back once we know more.

Don't know if the Crossfire server is suffering as well, but i know we are... :(

• we had such a mess earlier this year
    very disgusting

try to find out which ips connect to the server and then block them

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Olympus Home of the Gods server running my Genesis 1.2 mod is back up and running after repeated hacks on our systems. It's taken a while to sort out as the attacks themselves were not aimed at our Freelancer server complex directly, but more at our Teamspeak setup which is a bit odd. We are still monitoring the constant attacks (bots obviously), but they haven't managed to get through for a a few weeks now. We've added extra firewall protection and it all seems to be working ok. Anyone who wishes to play Genesis 1.2 is more than welcome :)

• good that its back online

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,