Close the Arena

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• I am sick and tired of the same players sitting in the arena 24/7 and do nothing but PVP. Most are FL pirates. Their normal activity is to sit in the arena, do pvp and no rp. Unless there are at least 3 cops in X3043, then they will all either invade Tarsus, Custodian or X . Usually it'sX3043 where they dock at the planet and attack the police....thats it. They don't trade, they don't go to other systems to engage pilots in taxing or any sort of roleplay at all.

You people want to know why CF is boring? Because of people like this.

If the Arena can't be closed OR they refuse to leave the Arena and do their RP, then the Arena will become a war-zone and I will lead it. I have plenty of pilots who are willing to do the same as they are sick of this too.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Yeah, that's totally true... CF is becoming PVP server, nothing more...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

• well, either there are just newbies on the server who might not speak english and do not know server rules and are below lvl 50 which is no attraction for taxing or other pilots are in IC or Altair and i will not waste my time to go this damn long way just for 1 rp-situation. also if you want to close arena, then close NY for every 40+ranked pilot, cause many of them like to hide there cause of no pvp and thus they cant get involved into any rp-situation...
    so can you tell me what to do then other than joining some training sessions in the arena? also im reading no bounties, neither online or here in the forums, so if you want rp challenges, then give them/us/me a reason to do so, cause without any reason there cant be any rp... for me im a multi-purpose rp'ler (doing all the rp) and yes, i felt it too, that there is nearly no rp on the server atm which is kinda sad, but when nobody does anything, nothing can be done, you know what i mean?
    i also try to help rookies in NY but when i dont get any replies from them (thus they may not speak english or whatever), it can become very frustrating.
    and one more thing: there are ASF/CSF factions - why are there no battles between them? i mean there should be an endless battle between these groups.
    i hope this will change for the good in the future

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• New York IS closed for lvls 50+, anyone in there staying instead of passing by can be pursued out of there, even by GRs if needed.

And no, by what I noticed they are not newbies, and speak english correctly. Actually newbies stay out of that system for being afraid of getting pwnt too much. (which is reasonable)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This is just my opinion, so don't get butthurt.

I am sick and tired of the same players sitting in the arena 24/7 and do nothing but PVP. Most are FL pirates. Their normal activity is to sit in the arena, do pvp and no rp. Unless there are at least 3 cops in X3043, then they will all either invade Tarsus, Custodian or X . Usually it'sX3043 where they dock at the planet and attack the police....thats it. They don't trade, they don't go to other systems to engage pilots in taxing or any sort of roleplay at all.

You people want to know why CF is boring? Because of people like this.

If the Arena can't be closed OR they refuse to leave the Arena and do their RP, then the Arena will become a war-zone and I will lead it. I have plenty of pilots who are willing to do the same as they are sick of this too.

If they have the money to stay in the Arena and PvP all day, that is totally up to them. They will come out to get money some time... Unless they are negatively affecting RP, it doesn't seem like a problem to me. I don't see how it could negatively affect RP. It is one thing to run and hide to Arena to escape RP, it is another entirely to just sit there and PvP.

Yeah, that's totally true... CF is becoming PVP server, nothing more...

The server is what the players make of it. The only thing that can change that is OP coming in and changing it forcefully (which I couldn't see him doing).

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

It is one thing to run and hide to Arena to escape RP, it is another entirely to just sit there and PvP.

I don't see any difference there. While "escaping" RP they PvP with who they want to train, or something else.
    No matter the reason, what others see is that they are sitting in Arena where is no RP. Extensive lack of RP is negatively affecting RP imo...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The players in the arena are not noobs, they are vets. And thanks for mentionining money because thats another sore spot for me. Those who use the banking system to hide their money to avoid rp or to avoid paying fines / taxes. I can't tell you how many times I have watched a pirate tax someone, who we know has hundreds of millions of credits in the bank, to say: ' You can only fine me 1 mil, since I am only level 54", as an example.

Well it's easy to say, if people want to hide in the arena and not get out there to rp, then we can pack it up and go elsewhere.

@lone: it's not up to me to make bounties for you, there has to be a REASON to place a bounty on someone, if you take the time to read the rules. Furthermore, I have placed plenty of bounties, you're just to slow to collect them, as it's usually SA_Forlon who gets to the target first.

I will give credit to TGT for doing consistent smuggling.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• @lone: it's not up to me to make bounties for you, there has to be a REASON to place a bounty on someone, if you take the time to read the rules. Furthermore, I have placed plenty of bounties, you're just to slow to collect them, as it's usually SA_Forlon who gets to the target first.

to slow? do you know my hunter Volition at all? when he is online with a bounty set he'll snatch it before Forlon's eyes ;) i took several targets out before any SA or other hunter got into system, so dont tell me anything about my job ok :) i get it done, but without target i have nothing to do, so the only thing i can do is practicing

and to TGT, i dont have anything against them, but they can save their insults and that goes to everyone who play cf.
    fair play, ok mates?

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Relax folks :D

[SOC]Lonewolf: please use ticket ... not on forum rules break evidence

• Yeah, it's not that something just happened now, to make these tensions.

But ppl had some of those nerves stores somewhere :D

• [SOC]Lonewolf: please use ticket ... not on forum rules break evidence

oh i already done that, dont panic, forlon^^
    i just wanted to show you that the current rp situation is currently, and i have no other words for it, fucked up... as bad as this news is their can just be a way up to old glorious rp'ing :)

• The players in the arena are not noobs, they are vets. And thanks for mentionining money because thats another sore spot for me. Those who use the banking system to hide their money to avoid rp or to avoid paying fines / taxes. I can't tell you how many times I have watched a pirate tax someone, who we know has hundreds of millions of credits in the bank, to say: ' You can only fine me 1 mil, since I am only level 54", as an example.

Well it's easy to say, if people want to hide in the arena and not get out there to rp, then we can pack it up and go elsewhere.

I never said that they are noobs...
    Anyways I agree with you on the money thing completely. Your level should reflect what you have in the bank too.

I am not saying what they are doing is good for the server, but unless OP or a GR intervenes there isn't really much that can be done.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• +1

In the few days recently that I have been playing, there are way too many people just in Arena..... I think arena should be opened to RP.

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• well ... maybe exist one players way how to move ppl nicely out of Arena = bounties. This is maybe question to OP/GRs ... is taking bounty in Arena rules break? Can someone with bounty fight in Arena?

• im just brainstorming now: but is it possible to set time limitations on system, lets say arena is opened from 19gmt-22gmt and after "closing" everyone will be send automatically to planet x when they undock from planet issos (here i thought about the "houston"bug some ppl might know)

• im just brainstorming now: but is it possible to set time limitations on system, lets say arena is opened from 19gmt-22gmt and after "closing" everyone will be send automatically to planet x when they undock from planet issos (here i thought about the "houston"bug some ppl might know)

I don't think that would work, because we have people from many timezones here, and it might be perfect for one, and the middle of work/night for another. I think that GRs should be able to teleport people :P

• Just my 2 cents....its hard to find more players to go tax that don't cap their "rp" char at level 52-58.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Just my 2 cents....its hard to find more players to go tax that don't cap their "rp" char at level 52-58.

+1

If only somehow the game would add the bank account + account funds to make one final rank level

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!