No Reply Button

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Maybe I'm missing something? Some forum postings don't show a "quick reply" or "Reply" button. I have looked at which forums these are posted in and am pretty sure I would not be blocked from a response....but maybe I'm wrong on that. Maybe the same issue as I have with not being able to see Spoiler bars....I have no idea. BTW, I did use search and couldn't solve this. Still running windows XP and IE 8.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Crossfire RP boards don't allow reply as default. In other cases is possible thread can be closed (without this big picture which is only for eyes) others should work normally

• XP works perfectly with this, but you can try Firefox instead. It has more plugins...

Forlon already said all what was to say about places you can't post.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well, lately there were 2 threads closed (since a bit before this thread got created), with no post from a moderator neither any kind of warn or sign it got closed. But you can see when a thread is closed by it's icon, the sheet of paper with a lock on it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well I think since the thread was in crossfire general discussions board, and doesn't show closed that it wasn't a RP discussion. In fact there has been postings by several people the last few days including today....but no matter. It happens on fairly unusual basis. No....I still cant read SPoilers....lol. I have absolutely no idea why. Thanks for the imput.

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Huor, you are not the only one who can close threads and you know I am sure of what I speak when I say something certain. There were 2 threads that closed up without even a post from a mod or OP(so even less a warn or notice), now there's only 1.

For example, this one:
    index.php?page=Thread&postID=289563#post289563

I doubt fallen closed it ^^

And I'm not even sure why it got closed, that Fallen temporarly said that, "that's all for this thread", doesn't mean it had to be forcedly closed, maybe somebody liked to say well done/grats, or some other suggestions, updates at finding a new fallen, etc.

The second one, 1 or 2 days later(after getting closed), there appeared a post showing that the thread is closed.

So again, I know what I say, this is all :) (no reason to explain what happened to that thread, not my bussiness anymore after my changes, but if you wish so, it'll be welcomed).

• Yep there's another one that before I was able to post in and now...no reply button, and it doesn't show on furum as a closed thread.

• The other one is the pirate RP discussion ? It was like that for few days, but now it does have a "closed" post made by OP.

• Okay...the first 2 i noticed was a couple weeks ago. I did notice the same on that pirate rp one...but people were still posting there for a couple days after I couldn't see any reply buttons. Post above was referring to the post that Micheal pointed out. So I guess all the posts I had looked at were closed by people although it was several days before the posts ended that I was not seeing a reply button.

@ Huor....I don't think anyone can close their own post as I see no option to do so on this forum posting and I did start the question/post.

Edit...after I did finsish this post I saw "set as done" at bottom of post....I stand corrected

• Set as done is not closing the thread, and there is still a reply button for everyone.

Huor: And how is somebody supposed to know who closed that, or if it's just a bug and not even closed ? There's no word on that thread getting closed. No notification. Actually, this is what I meant with no "warn".

• for what purpose would there be a need to know who closed a thread? (picking? criticizing? telling it was wrong? sending love letter to the closer?)
    thread closed - period
    The thread fallen's current status got closed by me, because of the thread creators final words at the last entry.

thread needs to be re-opened? simply click - USERS - MEMBERS - TEAM MEMBERS << there you will find a list with moderators and you can easily ask via PM to re-open any thread, if necessary.
    If people are just to lazy to look for a moderator to ask to re-open any thread (and bringin reasons) then simply open up a new thread.
    threads can be merged if necessary.

If OP needs to say something refering to the threads topic when the particular thread is closed already, I'm sure he is able to open the thread by himself quite easy, in order to say what has to be said.

• I suggest easier way ... use report and post your question/suggestion there. This way all mods can see what is going on and every mod can open locked thread if is needed. This solution is also much faster, bcs also we mods have RL :)

• @Forlon: Yes, using the Report button is the most normal way.
    Though some "shy" mod don't even give a notice that the thread got closed, no matter by who or why, but people should know it's closed, not search for a Reply button, get angry, think they got banned/blocked, installing browsers, formatting PCs and stuff. Also people have to report some other random post from a closed thread to get it open or ask to remove certain posts/other stuff, instead of reporting the notification of it getting closed(as there is none). Also in normal situations there has to be a visible reason of why it got closed, as threads can't be closed for no reason, same with removing posts that break no forum rule.

I tell it to you purposedly, as at least you try to understand others, and so, you can understand.

• @Forlon: Yes, using the Report button is the most normal way.
    Though some "shy" mod don't even give a notice that the thread got closed, no matter by who or why, but people should know it's closed, not search for a Reply button, get angry, think they got banned/blocked, installing browsers, formatting PCs and stuff. Also people have to report some other random post from a closed thread to get it open or ask to remove certain posts/other stuff, instead of reporting the notification of it getting closed(as there is none). Also in normal situations there has to be a visible reason of why it got closed, as threads can't be closed for no reason, same with removing posts that break no forum rule.

I tell it to you purposedly, as at least you try to understand others, and so, you can understand.

Ok without sounding like a jerk, I will reply to Michael and this is only my observation. I don't see the point in why a mod should have to say why a thread was closed, just close it. It's common sense to know that someone of the moderator status has ended the discussion. 2nd, who cares about our "regular" user's opinion is? That's the attitude that is projected to us normal-forum-users, so why change it.

I too cannot see spoilers recently, but it's no loss.

Finally in response to the RP forum, what's the point, just close it. And I don't say this due to lack of RP, because it is slowly regaining speed, but since people can't reply ( legitimately ) to a RP thread, then there isn't any point.

As far as I am concerned there is a solution to this whole problem, just make the forum an informational-resource only. Let new members create an account and " use the search function" to find anything they need. If they can't find it, then submit a ticket.

BTW the key to understanding others is to try and listen/read , what they are saying. I don't care how proficient anyone is in 2nd language, the level of understanding what is being said still has it's challenges and quite often, most do not interpret what the other is saying correctly. In other words, shut up and read several times before responding.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Gunny: Well, because it's normal users who keep this active, without them the remaining moderators (as there were more before) will have nothing to do. But well, it's good as it is now, as most Moderators do their job fine, and do care about how they do it. It's a positive situation.

The quotes not appearing bug is on client's side PCs as only few had that issue, though I don't know the details of how to fix it, I seen members who said that now it works.

@ Anyone: Somebody knows how to fix the missing quotes bug to help others with the same problem ?

• why do you even discuss about moderators and what they should do and not do?
    I tell them what their job is... not you.

And as long you guys keep going off topic and writing stuff where it does not belong to you have absolutly no right to complain that a few people here on the forum care enough to keep this place clean.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have a Reply button and Quick Reply but can't see Spoilers...and no, I'm not installing a whole new browser just to see them. :P

P.S. The Spoiler thingy is the only problem I have with my current browser. I can see everything and everywhere else just fine.