Guides?

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Am-Sher.

• Hello all, im new just finally got the mod to work and have to say it si very impressive. However, r there any guides anywhere? although other players are very helpful i dont understand how trading works now as i gather prices do not remain static anymore? quite frankly i dont know where to begin. Great mod though !! :)

Who is the more foolish? Th ;) e fool? or the fool who follows him?

• Guides? hmm there are wikis with info but guides I don't think so...anyway
    For me the best begin will be do missions and sell pods (from NPCs) to prisons, it is fast and efficient, buying a nice ship after just few missions (Eagle with some guns class 9) and doing better missions for better pods, and, when you have gathered more money, you can buy yourself a trade ship ;)
    An extra way for money is participating in events + fun
    Cya in space

• To have a good start in Multiplayer. I would suggest, fly around, dock at all stations and trade commodities (bying cheap, selling high price)
    As more stations you explore (dock) as more options you get to compare prices and buy and sell stuff.

While you fly around exploring you can kill npc's and loot their pods in order to sell them on any prison for a high price.

• yeah and talk on system chat, were all friendly :)

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• more agile, most people like that

• Not much for general operations for each faction in the Sirius sector where most RP takes place, although some clans are more proficient in operations and information than others in regards to trading, mining, smuggling, bounties and so forth.

Perhaps joining one of them would would give you a good jump-start, unless you are headstrong and independent, then I'd suggest to be prepared to do alot of research...

However, I do have some information regarding the alien species and more distant sectors in this mod.

See my siggy for the link to download the SAL Xeno Guide. I will warn you though, there are alot of spoilers in it, so decide now whether or not you want to find out most of this information for yourself.

Aside from all of that, my only other suggestions are to either start trading in the sectors near Liberty space or start taking faction contracts against enemy NPCs and sell the pods at nearby prisons(like the two in Texas)

Once you get enough money and upgrades to max out a VHF then you can really start exploring all the sectors of Crossfire.

• IThanks for everyones advise/help. is there a list of ships i can get my hands on? just so i can plan how i am going to play this.

• There are high detailed data ship lists arround, but most are limtied to the clans that created them.

There is a normal ship list, with no technical details on each ship, but it tells where to buy it and it's price, so you can check them and know they exist ^^

Note: It is outdated, but there are only a small group of new ships since 1.82.
    At this link: Crossfire 1.82 Wiki

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello,

There is also the Lexicon which has a lot of information on everything from ships to systems and the equipment available. It resides in the "Tools" section and is being updated constantly.

Have fun!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• There are multiple resources for the novice Crossfire pilot to get acclimated: the CF Database (password available in-game!), the RP boards in this forum, any player with [Info] or {GR} in their nick on the server, and most clan members. Of course, there is no better guide than experience, so settle in and have a good time exploring the vast CF universe! 8).

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I am really enjoying nyself now. i want make my fortune as a bounty hunter. what weps and ships would everyone suggest? us trading a faster way to get rich? i e buy a train at sol and stock up.

• Best way, is how said Abrasdevil , dock everywhere, where you go. It´s my target as well. I´ve got now 130 system revealed and i want every corner/station/nebula/asteriod field,......just everything. When i finish with exploring, than i start trade. Good trade, fights, offers.....

It is difficult to be asshole, because the competition is too great! ! !

• I am really enjoying nyself now. i want make my fortune as a bounty hunter. what weps and ships would everyone suggest? us trading a faster way to get rich? i e buy a train at sol and stock up.

Okay, i've read that you want to become a bounty hunter, so okay, SA are mercenaries(bounty hunters) and me(and we ofc) are glad to help, just contact someone with the SA_ tagg and we will help you with whatever INFO you need

• if you want to get into bounty hunting .have you read all the aspects of the role play here on cf
    mercs
    police
    pirates
    smugglers

have a good read befor you decide
    any one of the clan members from any clan can also tell you a bit about how thay do things aswell
    its worth asking around on this .. and getting some views of the others .
    every body here is pretty help full
    we at the 13th armored are new boys here and every body was very helpfull indeed ..
    good luck and hve fun Zargon .

hell have no fury like a piad merc !

characters ... Robbers Dog . RobbersDog 13thArmored x2 redneck widow maker robbers dog tr 13tharmored truck

clan forum 13th ARMORED