WTF! i blew up for no reason!

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vishnu.

• as the title sez i exploded randomly in the Tomsk system. :cursing: this normally wouldn't bother me but i had 4 DKA's and 6 coalition turrets.......

you may be thinking i was killed by DK or coalition but i am friendly to both there was no other players in Tomsk at the time.

i am very upset by this and would like some compensation if possible

death beckons for your soul...... and i answer its call!

13th ARMORED is recruiting!
    are you up to the challenge?
    if so PM me or robbers dog.
    no matter your skill, we're looking for comrades in arms

also find us @ Free forum : 13th ARMORED
    join our forum. you know you want to........

• either way this is a game, people gain and lose stuff. Who is supposed to give you compensation? Just get over it and move on

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• dk's are like the best guns in the game (i am n00bie) to me spiky...... and now that Ive hit the wrecks in Tomsk Ive lost that chance to get the turrets

and one did just randomly explode in Tomsk!

• whhere exactly u explode? Toms have 2 death zone.

• Tomsk has 2 death zones, mmm didn't know that as I just returned from there today and never seen any area that could kill you for any reason.
    Only DK and coalition forces fighting close to me when I slowed to collect Turrents or Dock at JG.
    As for reason for someone to just explode for no reason would say its just bad luck. :)
    See you in Space soon

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• I bet he was caught in the crossfire between DK and coalition....2 DK VS 4 Coalition can get bad if you sit in the middle.....cos i have seen lazers fly over my head several times there...

And i also guess that he would be insta-killed if he had a cheap ship&shield :bodycheck:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• I just returned from there today and never seen any area that could kill you for any reason.

yeah, u just use cordinates to pick up wreck...w/e!

Yup splash dmg is awesome!

• It's not the first case of this kind. In 1.82 one could easily explode while using a jumpgate, and I've already had several chances to observe the same effect in 1.9 with the only difference that the console said "player %username% used F1 while travelling from system to system..." before the death message "%username% was killed by an NPC" (in 1.82 there was only the death message).

Following the above given link it's clear that the reason is still unknown... We CCCP used to joke that vodka in our cargo exploded after being ignited by the hyperspace radiation. :verrueckt: Just for the interest, did you carry any vodka with you while flying in Tomsk?

P.S. Contact me in game to get some DKAs.

• jumpgates can not make you explode
    ships on the other side can

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ships on the other side can

This thread wouldn't have come to existence if it were all so simple... :( Look, we were hunting in IC in a team of 3, killed a squad of aliens near the jumpgate and went through, one by one, I was the last. On the other side I met one of my comrades, but the second never made it. And there were no enemies on the both sides of the gate. ?(

This is just one of the strange things happening around in 1.9. 8| Though sometimes they bring more fun to the game. :D

• @Cresthen

you mean that stuff that happened when jumping to Sol or Sovet in 1.8....and the game would crash when jumping....and the console says that the player has died or kicked by admin?.....

On Topic >>>>

i thought that splash damage from a ship exploding Only would take the shield down?

Horatio can you give a better description of what happened around you before you died?

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 3 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• well thanks for help so it isn't just me then.

there may have been some vodka though......... I got thirsty waiting 3 days in Tomsk

• Well it´s more subtile tbh. The Crossfire Launcher contains a little program near to this:

10 ; Setting the Players to be dissed today
    20 ;
    30 ; environment variables
    40 set todaysdissedplayer="ego"
    50 set todaysdissedplayer1="hora"
    60 set randomsplashdamageoccurance=100
    70 set annoyfactor=1
    80 set crashtodesktopvar=1
    110 :jumpholecheck_nicknamefilterformoredamage
    120 ; afterjumpexplosion sub routine
    130 ; higher special player damage on purpose
    140 ;
    150 if charactername include %todaysdissedplayer1% or charactername include %todaysdissedplayer1% {randomsplashdamageoccurance=randomsplashdamageoccurance*100/80}
    160 goto splashdamageafterjump
    170 goto jumpholecheck_nicknamefilterformoredamage
    180 goto end
    230 :splashdamageafterjump
    240 echo. Better Luck next time, you will surely need it much more than all other Players!
    250 annoyfactor=annoyfactor+1
    260 if annoyfactor>10 goto dissspecialplayers
    270 if charactername include "ego" or charactername include "hora" {randomsplashdamageoccurance=randomsplashdamageoccurance+(randomsplashdamageoccurance*100/80)}
    280 return
    290 goto end
    450 :dissspecialplayers
    460 annoyfactor=annoyfactor+10
    470 if annoyfactor>=100 goto crashtodesktop
    480 return
    490 goto end
    920 :crashtodesktop
    930 crashtodesktopvar=crashtodesktopvar+1
    940 if crashtodesktopvar>=10 goto deleteallcommodityinfos
    950 return
    960 goto end
    1510 :end
    1520 call printlog.txt
    1530 call swat-portal.com/php/forum/search.php?form=searchbycfplayernameinclude"hora"
    1540 posttothread.php?execute"jumpgates can not make you explode <br>ships on the other side can"

There are also some more subroutines called: maketheAVdizzyrofl, printcheatmessagelol, kickedbyadminfun, deleteallcommodityinfohehe, crashwindowscompletlyarrrr, dockonlypitsburgh, sendrandombluescreen and so on but i do not want to spoil the future fun for you.
    As far as i know this little program is still in beta status so it may also happen that you are able to play without any problems - which is, inthis case, called a bug.

Click the image above to visit us.

• rofl DW, I wonder how many ppl can actually understand that, until the last word in the post xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• dont spoil the source code

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I've blown up for no reason 3 times: once in Tomsk and twice entering Custodian from New York. All three times, I was lagged when entering the system and was spawned inside the nearby mine fields. Yes, this really happens.