The death of Crossfire and mods in general (ACTA)

There are 41 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• Take a read. Some accurate information to digest before we all become "Henny Penny's", of "The sky is falling" fame. I do what I will bet the vast majority doesn't, I know who my Legislative Representatives are, I have their phone numbers, their addresses and their emails. I make it a point to meet them when they are in my area so that I have a face to go with the name as do they. And then I let them know on a ongoing basis my opinions and feelings on current or proposed bills that will impact me and my community as a whole.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-po…dium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Indeed, the renewed focus on ACTA even led a group of Polish politicians to hold paper Guy Fawkes masks—the symbol of Anonymous—over their faces in protest at the way ACTA has been pushed through.

"renew focus on ACTA" trololo, countries sign a thing, and get another thing ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I will repeat myself one more time. We do not need ACTA, just like SOPA/PIPA, the laws are already on the books. Spiky's comment is correct, they just need to enforce them.

Also, Microsoft has ALWAYS had copyright infringement declarations on ALL of their software, so again........................nothing new.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon): Erased insults from first post part. ... as I did in post before and for sure will do on some posts after. ().

• Lightning does not strike in the same place twice.
    I can't believe it so easy...

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• let me start by saying that we americans are futarded if we let this one pass. to be clear about it though, it can only block websites within america. im disgusted enough that australia is trying to censor their internet, please dont let america do the same and worse..... :thumbdown:

• And this not much after Obama went over China saying to allow more flow of information on their internet...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• But Gunny, then why something new (like ACTA, SOPA or PIPA and all the future called bill abbreviations)?
    If all is currently at place there is no need for new stuff if even the old ones are not enforced.

All 3 bills would give authority for law enforcement to reach across "international" lines ( via the net ) and "take possession" of the offending server / domain etc. It would also allow US authorities to block IPs outside the US.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Again, not needed. Us Americans need to be frying the wires to our reps over this, I know I have been. It is nothing more then the entertainment elites and the Pharmacy corps trying to grab more money and monopolize the market. And a lot of the entertainment types still owe hefty back taxes to the state and fed.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• It is nothing more then the entertainment elites and the Pharmacy corps trying to grab more money and monopolize the market. And a lot of the entertainment types still owe hefty back taxes to the state and fed.

Pretty much. But you need to realize that most news media only broadcast or publish information to get the public, if not the world in a frenzy. Especially those people / countries who think freedom of speech / expression means you can say or do anything you want, when that is the farthest from the truth.

• But you need to realize that most news media only broadcast or publish information to get the public, if not the world in a frenzy. Especially those people / countries who think freedom of speech / expression means you can say or do anything you want, when that is the farthest from the truth.

Believe me Gunny, I know, from first hand experience. I spent from '67 to '95 and '02 to '11 ensuring the guarantee of "freedom of speech" and know well what others think that means. I also am very familiar with how the press works. Amazing what they can see when they are thousands of miles from where you are.

Gearhead10.png

The Personal World Clock

• In Spain, freedom of speech means that ^^

They even bullied the Kings family and those are ok, not arrested.

• haters hate haters!

iam out from this thread!

• Believe me Gunny, I know, from first hand experience. I spent from '67 to '95 and '02 to '11 ensuring the guarantee of "freedom of speech" and know well what others think that means. I also am very familiar with how the press works. Amazing what they can see when they are thousands of miles from where you are.

Yep, did it from '87 to 2007. And still doing it now via another avenue.

SHS: We know you don't like Americans. Try something new please.