A few comments...

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I was in Cube Arena today and wanted to say that im seeing the side edges of the cube as ragged. While the "canyons"/"paths" dont show this behaviour.
    This looks weird and unpro. It would be great if this somehow got fixed.

Also in Omega41 the background img (high res CF) contains a large part of low res nebula.
    I run with everything at max, and a friend of mine also. We both see this yellow pixel background.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson .
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford .
    If you aren’t making any mistakes, it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe. - John Maxwell .

• When activating the mod, there were several options which affect that, in-game options can't touch them anymore.

Like:
    Crossfire's HD backgrounds (a different name but saying this, and second option was normal freelancer backgrounds)
    "Rendering low res nebulas", the newest option
    advanced shaders can also affect it

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have all on high settings. no low rendering.
    so dont know if you thought that im have low settings. but im not

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson .
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford .
    If you aren’t making any mistakes, it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe. - John Maxwell .

• -->when activating the mod<-- which only happens once.

"Rendering the low res nebulas" to be better, not "low rendering".

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Yes, I remembered "better" cus I knew it was making it work faster, but not more quality.

But once you enable or disable it when activating the mod, it'll never change even if you put all in-game options to max.
    It's just an example of more options, the Crossfire HD backgrounds can't be changed to vanilla ones anymore as I think.

• the mod creation is an ongoing process
    several parts of it are from times where we were not sure about performance issues
    so some older parts of CF for sure will have to get recreated sooner or later

also i have to admit that probably the flmm description is confusing to you
    I as creator of the mod had something in mind when creating it... but probably not everyone understands that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Could those options have a roll-over message ? when putting your mouse over, to appear a description like saying the very probable issues of Advanced Shaders, or what each option really does. For those who don't check the forum / manuals before installing the mod.

As I haven't seen an example of what's above, guess it harder than should, so there could be boxes explaining it under the options list.

• Like i said, all at max, so no i dont have low res nebulas enabled.
    Not all space there is low res, its a collage of different layers with different resolutions.
    And the yellow nebula (2d background) is making me feel like i plugged in my old sega 16 bit and am playing F22 Interceptor again...

• there is no roll-over function
    and the space for descriptions is very limited

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I see, but there's no limit going down on the page, right ? I guess you could put a kind of text bar , better performance on left, higher graphics on right, or so ?

Like:
    option 1
    option 2
    Crossfire HD backgrounds / Freelancer low res backgrounds
    option 4
    etc

option 1's feature explanation
    option 2's ones
    high performance(or other words) / better performance
    etc

• dunno about such limits... but i can imagine that there are those
    every additional stuff risks to break the flmm limits (which are not that high in version 1.31)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmm, then adding them in the readme (which appears on the left side when selecting the mod) wouldn't damage anything but help if somebody cares :D

• nobody reads the readme

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmm...

But at least, when somebody comes on the forum telling issues , we can point at that readme. Like in the situation a player manually selects the mods folder (which is wrong), the Crossfire will appear on the mod list, but there'll be no readme on the left and the install won't work properly. This happened lately.

The option details should be on top of everything though, to see it on the left and not having to click to read the entire readme (which is true that noone will do).

• We have a forum that can be used to give descriptions, we have a FAQ that could be used for that. If you just have the nerves to write it then everything would be clear already. FLMM is really no option in my eyes as the minority cares to read what options there are - same like the readme files, they are called this way to be ignored by everyone^^

signature.png

• Well, then I must be a minority of few because I read the "readme" docs, forums, and anything else I can to help me understand and play any game. Oh, wait, I do the same thing with any application I run. Hmm, must be the old technical control supervisor in me. :D MERRY Christmas All!!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock