Inertia

There are 69 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Maybe I'm too nitpicky for my own good but it would make more sense if the mod referred to mass rather than weight. While the two are proportional, weight is simply the force of gravity on an object and we aren't dealing with gravity in freelancer, we're dealing with inertia a resistance to a change in motion proportional to mass.

• Sorry if this is a late reply... But I think you did the right thing when downgrading the inertia, I like the game much better now. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• ZZZ

Edited once, last by =Alexxassa Rubio= ().

• It's a game. The main thing is that it is entertaining.

• goody

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi
    I agree the inertia is now much better but the mass thing is still not right. Today I've been flying around in a 500 ton Battleship and it bonces off 20 ton asteroids ?
    Now 500 tons traveling at 450k hitting a 20 ton stationary asteroid should = the asteroid being smashed to bits or the asteroid bouncing off the ship at about 450k ?
    Example your doing 70 mph (90 kmh) on a motorway (autobahn) and you hit a bird. The poor bird gets destroyed and the car carried on as normal ?

In game Characters Molasar,Rasalom, Lestat, Sal_Roma & Crookey 8)

• I agree with Crookey, I fly a Soulforge and can't understand how a itty bitty fighter or rock can toss me around like a feather in the wind. I am pretty sure i out weigh them by a few tons. :) can anyone explane that? other then that the inertia is no problem a person can get used to it slow down sooner or w/e.

"Imagination is the Creation of All Things." B.Mac. 1986 :thumbup:

• Hi
    I agree the inertia is now much better but the mass thing is still not right. Today I've been flying around in a 500 ton Battleship and it bonces off 20 ton asteroids ?
    Now 500 tons traveling at 450k hitting a 20 ton stationary asteroid should = the asteroid being smashed to bits or the asteroid bouncing off the ship at about 450k ?
    Example your doing 70 mph (90 kmh) on a motorway (autobahn) and you hit a bird. The poor bird gets destroyed and the car carried on as normal ?

I agree with Crookey, I fly a Soulforge and can't understand how a itty bitty fighter or rock can toss me around like a feather in the wind. I am pretty sure i out weigh them by a few tons. :) can anyone explane that? other then that the inertia is no problem a person can get used to it slow down sooner or w/e.

While i agree and like both of these effects because this is part of entertaining as Rexor already said, at the same time i can not run from feeling that serious fine tunning is needed ;)

• Well, as asteroids aren't movable objects(no variable for that), even if you are a huge ship of a million ton , you won't move it, it's not needed to jump out like a feather either, but as you can't move those asteroids, they return the entire force you made on you, with bigger, the more you jump... and it's pretty big with the inertia.

So the pinball effect isn't that OP made it that way, but it's a reaction/effect of the made changes in the FL's engine. And I don't think there's a solution to it without destroying a bit more of the FL's engine, which would cause even more bugs and weird reactions/effects...

Hope you understood the pinball issue, so there's nothing to do at it. Just keep training to avoid them, I shown(posted) one of the tactics to avoid the ones which spawn 5 M in front of you at an Inner Core system on another topic, but it's not that public so I won't repeat it ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• there is no working fix, sorry

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The BSes don't spinn that much now, noticed ? Before you could easely spin like, 20 times without stopping soon, try vanilla again ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• wow ?
    won't a fast spinning detector be harmful for the server ? I mean, stability and ping.