Crossfire 1.9 - Multiplayer Problems...

There are 429 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• ;) Huor

-------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is still on. I see 3 to 5 players online in the server list, and I can't connect.

It is like someone is still connected to server and it cannot restart itself. I checked the server since the last crash in every 5 minutes and it was not empty ....

• Maybe is one person, the 1/128 on the server at moment with corrupted char, or is trying to connect repeatedly without re launching and when others try to connect they cannot or have to press esc

Is there no way to show who is on the server in real time?

• Maybe is one person, the 1/128 on the server at moment with corrupted char, or is trying to connect repeatedly without re launching and when others try to connect they cannot or have to press esc

Is there no way to show who is on the server in real time?

I assumed anyone on the server at this point would most likely be OP or Huor. I have seen up to 3 online though so I'm not sure who that would be.

• No way this could be caused by hardware or even the server itself :?: Not server as in the server program. But whatever is hosting it.

Something or someone may be limiting inbound traffic, which might also cause occasional red lag and crash? Server still shows 1/128 players online

• it,s no go here for me still not working click on the server in the list and the warning comes up also no players listed it shows zero so i,m sure the team are aware of the problem so i will wait till an outcome. like i said it was going great yesterday morning here that is and i signed of to do other things .

kermit

• 06:00 servertime
    0/128 Players online
    connection to the server not possible

• repeating it over and over again doesnt make it better

no its not the hardware (otherwise CF1.82 would have had the same probs)
    no its not the OS (otherwise CF1.82 would have had the same probs)
    no its not a firewall (otherwise CF1.82 would have had the same probs)
    no its not another tool (otherwise CF1.82 would have had the same probs)
    no its not anything with traffic or server connection (otherwise CF1.82 would have had the same probs)
    no its not FLhook (at least atm since its turned off)
    no there is nobody on the server (the server just displays other ppl trying to connect right at that moment)

ive no explaination for it nor do i have the slightest idea where to look at

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• trying something different now and need as many players online as possible during the next 2-3 days for these tests

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Am I right when I think that server do not accept new ppl because he do not initialize restart? If is not possible find what cause this, is possible set some new conditions for server restart (no new ppl/char change for 1/2 hour as example)? Maybe not perfect solution but might give more time for bug search.

• restart has nothing to do with that

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I right clicked my freelancer crossfire icon. I clicked run as administrator, it downloaded the patches. I clicked LAUNCH Crossfire Multiplayer and skipped the videos. I clicked crossfire multiplayer. A box popped up that said the following, "ESRB Notice: Game Experience May Change During Online Play. You acknowledge and agree that Microsoft has no control over or responsibility for your experience while in Multiplayer Games, or any content or other information or data you may create, encounter or receive, including chat, while you are playing Multiplayer Games. Do you want to continue?" (It then offered me yes or no for a choice and i clicked yes.) Another box came up after that one saying, "Which type of multiplayer game do you want to play? Selecting LAN will search your LAN (if you have one) for Freelancer servers. Selecting INTERNET will search your LAN and will download a list of available Freelancer servers from the global server." I proceeded by clicking INTERNET and another box appeared with the heading Freelancer Servers, below was a list of servers. I clicked on the server" (name) 24/7 SWAT Crossfire Roleplay, (IP address) 82.165.193.103, (visited) NO, (ping) 156, (players) 7/128, (version) 1.9, (lan) no, (options) showed a skull and crossbows in the box. I then clicked connect and a box popped up, "I'm sorry, but a connection could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempted to connect to it. It may also be caused by internet problems. Please try again later. (i repeated the process twice waiting 3 hours each time.)

Please help me i don't know what to do i reinstalled mod manager, freelancer, and crossfire mod 3 times with the same results, ugh if necessary i will reinstall and tell you exactly what i did. (and yes i uninstalled everything button thing but when freelancer asked to restart the computer i didn't restart it)

My OS is windows vista.

I'm just a freelancer trying to make my way in the universe.

• when you cannot log to server as you mentioned above it mean server refuse connection. This probably have nothing to do with your install but might be due high ping you have (dunno). Try launch SP to be sure if is your install Ok. If were some ppl on server at this time, then you need wait for Op who might tell you. Normally log on server is in seconds.

• server is running fine

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i doubt its something with the ping
    you probably have old chars on the server which are bugged

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok how do i fix my old characters/delete. I'm willing to get rid of them i don't care if i start over, its been 4 years.

I'm just a freelancer trying to make my way in the universe.

• i could do that if i would know the char names

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,