Crossfire 1.9 - Multiplayer Problems...

There are 429 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi
    I was cruising the Unknown systems going though the jumpholes looking for Lost Paradise when I found a jumphole in the browny cloudy system....I selected it,hit dock, the procedure started (voice and sounds) and I went through
    the jump hole to the other side...Imean literally the other side about 100 meters! There was no warp tunnel, then it attempted it again with the same result.I was then destroyed.
    I thought you ought to know this bug if it is a bug.
    Regards
    vardek

Vardek

• should only happen at lost paradise... not in unknown

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• eventhough the FLhook is running much better than before we have been experiencing several crashs yesterday and today
    the good news is that the server does not loose the connections to the clients anymore... so this problem is solved
    we noticed that the server ran for +8-10 hours without problems and suddenly series of crashes appear and were able to track down the problem to currupted chars

these chars contain invalid lines which obviously cause the problem once the player connects to the server
    the chars can be fixed... the only problem is that its not easy to find these chars (afterall there are + 14.000 chars on the server)
    before somebody thinks about this problem and comes to the conclusion that this problem is because of old CF1.82 chars -> no it isnt
    We did tests yesterday and the corrupted chars would even cause problems on a CF1.82 server.
    We dont know why such invalid lines are written into the chars or where FL gets the information to generate them. All we know is that they cause a conflict on the nav map generation which in the end leads to a crash.
    As we dont know where the problem comes from (all scans on client and server version turned out to be negative) we have no idea how to prevent that error.
    Researches showed that other servers suffer from the same problem without that ever a solution was found over the past years.
    As we can not fix the source of the error (as we can not find it) we thought about a different solution to the problem.
    Letting the server automatically fix those errors AFTER they appear and BEFORE they become a problem to the server. In other words an auto-repair function.

The development will take some time... so meanwhile ill have to fix such chars by hand. Of course ill keep searching for the source of the problem eventhough i consider it not realistic to find it. Huor will be away for a week so we will have to have a bit patience.

While searching for the error with the chars i stubled over another issue which might have caused some problems in the past weeks. That bug meanwhile has been fixed.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hi there,
    i just went online with Lonewolf to go back to sirius (IC), i looked up my inventory (F7) and had to see that now all my cloaking parts are gone... i know you guys try everything to fix every problem on the server, but i firstly wont buy any cloaking anymore, there are still too many problems... 200mil for nothing hmhm :/

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• LoneWolf and ALL others:

oh an one more thing as i am getting asked pretty often about it

yes - some chars recently lost their equipment
    this was due to a problem with one of the server tools
    it wont happen again but unfortunatly i can not simply undo the changes

if possible i will try to refund the lost money if i get a report via ticket system

... so you and also others have good chance to have your money back. What you need to do for this is use Ticket list ... is accessible in menu tools.

• these chars contain invalid lines which obviously cause the problem once the player connects to the server
    the chars can be fixed... the only problem is that its not easy to find these chars (afterall there are + 14.000 chars on the server)

Could this have anything to do with the blank items I see in my cargo bay only when trading with other players? (about 5) or the Power Plant?
    It's on the char that I had the battleship on (p3x). Can show a screenshot later if needed. Doesn't take up any cargo space either.

• dunno but unlikely you would have crashed the server before you could see those items... right?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmm k

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i thought it mght have been a new ship i got called flathead so i resold it to see if that would stop the crash but not so and i was in the middle of a mission to so i don,t know checked everything out to see if it,s me but like i said been plaing all day no trouble

kermit

• ive meanwhile cleared all char files from those errors

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• connection to the server not possible
    0/128 at 03:00 servertime

I personally think, there is someone seeing people playing on the server ( eg 4/128 or 7/128 )
    Then he/she tries to connect and it doesnt work or the server lags/kicks people right after joining.
    Then another try and no connection possible anymore.
    But this person (or those persons) are simply too lazy to report it.
    So it might take forever to clean out the chars/find the "errors"
    Thanks to that.