Crossfire 1.9 - Multiplayer Problems...

There are 429 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Server started lagging red permanently around 7:20 (servertime)

Last players joining/leaving/switching chars see picture

freelancer2011101308294.th.jpg

Server is lagging since about 20 minutes now (constantly)

No kicking players off the server, no total disconnect

edit: and right now, the server is refusing connecions from clients again.

• I have also tried to get on. I see 2 others on but can't get in.

I have re-started my system and made sure I had no saved games parts and I know my internet is working proper.

Will keep trying throughout the day.

However I have also started a SP game and noticed that I now start out with $500 credits instead of $150000.

not that this is a huge issue but thought I would mention incase this is part of not being able to get on.

See everyone in Space

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Abras, have you noticed a player who stood online all the time it was lagging ? It's usually from a server's internal error but it can also be provoked.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Abras, have you noticed a player who stood online all the time it was lagging ? It's usually from a server's internal error but it can also be provoked.

I dont exactly know what you mean, sorry.

I recognized the lag appearing as I was attemting to dock at peris station (vega)
    Since there have been several players online, I did just wait and watched the server's "behaviour" once it was already appearing red lag for a while, then one guy logged off and the server acted normaly again.
    Not this time. All player remained "online" and no one got "departed". I remained online for about 20 minutes to see if the server is kicking people off totally (like it usually does when its crashing, where you can see all players departing (in case you are not the first one in the row, loosing connection))
    Since this didn't happen I made a screenshot to have the last "interacting people" on the server. IN CASE there is something wrong with those peoples characters.
    So their problems could be traced by checking out their chars refering the names, displayed on the picture.

• I have no prob with having my char checked, I am the last one on the list to depart. these are my char names

Laws_Catatonic

Balzar

I have one more but can't remember it right now. I have been playing these 2 since I got the 1.9mod and they have been ok when I have been playing.

My other char I have cleared everything and banked the cash and then deleated them as they are redundent char now with the banking system in play.

I will say for the short time I was on I had no Yellow or red lag show up, so not really sure.

• So the lag and connection refusings stopped when that player logged off ?

When you have the chance, keep remembering people to restart the entire game when the server restarts, as prevention.

well I'll check the server's info now.

its up and running again

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• I always restart when server goes down and make sure I have no saved games before I go back on.

I do this incase there is any up-dates that need to be done.

• A good way to go lawmac :):thumbup:

Most players who are arround this forum know and do it correctly, unfortunately there are (usually, pretty many) players online who never saw this Portal, except by the big-yellow text saying "for more info visit swat-portal.com".

• A good way to go lawmac :):thumbup:

Most players who are arround this forum know and do it correctly, unfortunately there are (usually, pretty many) players online who never saw this Portal, except by the big-yellow text saying "for more info visit swat-portal.com".

So it's also recommended (for everyone) to tell those people that the rules, events, calendar, updates, tips, sign ups for special/big events and pretty much everything about the server is on this forum ^^

• As info after the new update restart 15 mintues ago:
    1 minute ago, the server stopped responding and slowly kicking out people, or maybe they quit for lag.

• WTF. I would too gladly know what is causing this very suspicous error. I try all day long on my PC and dont experience such problems.
    Arrrrrrrrgh. Sorry guys it seems you have to play single player for some further moments...

Seems you have to wait till OP resets the server - but that earliest may happen in a few hours...

signature.png

• Hope not as for OP it's like 4 AM now.... well it's 3 AM for me so I better go :D

This time the server did started kicking out people, which is good. If I didn't got kicked I could manually kick everyone then myself anyway, as I won't just sit and watch how I can't do barely anything.

I do know who was online by then.

Have you tested on your PC some "game modifications" on client side in case something like that affects it ?

Late edit:
    Btw, the server now has 0 players, but it still doesn't accept players BUT it does load/see us as kinda being connected, as it went from 0 to 1 when I tried to log in, and later it went back to 0.
    It's pretty worrying ...

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• the server still (or again) refuses connections from clients.
    0/128 - connection not possible

• Bug that I experienced - tried to made a transfer in Arena from Giorgis char, and he was invisible for me. After he relogged, problem was solved. Cloaking device was deactivated, no crystals onboard. Transfer window no worked properly several times.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• thats normal atm
    however... i believe the last ~10 crashes in the past hour were because of one of your chars@max
    i could be wrong with that
    were you able to log in?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Problem with ship which has installed cloaking device...

I logged in (when FLhook was off) and I was not able to see my ship and couln't shoot - I was cloaked 8| .

Edit: loggen in after crash and i am still cloaked..

• normal

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• one more thing we have enormous problems fixing the flhook for the damn reason that the players dont make it easy for us the majory of crashes we experience is caused by ppl which constantly crash the server... i mean... its not normal when a player causes 15 crashes in 2 hours due to a bugged char and still tries to connect to the server over and over again even a blind man would see when he crashes the game... but no... why do corrupt chars crash the server? because the majority of players seem to give a damn when I say "the server has to restart due to an update"... they stay online and risk that their chars get messed up I clearly dont see that we ever will be able to fix the server problems under such conditions

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,