Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• When it goest to *cinematic mode* i mean when a landng sequence beggins or if i'm landed everything is OK. SO the propblem is only in space.

• That is definitely some of the settings on your PC if you already disabled the advanced shaders.

I have GTX 460 set at 1920 x 1080 pixels at 32 bpp and had the same problem, then I switched off my Advanced shaders and upgraded my drivers to version 8.17.12.8538 (2011/09/22) It is advertised as Version 285.38 (beta), but version 280 will also work.

I also installed the original blue interface and not the new gold interface.

Never had the black screen thing again after that.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

Edited 2 times, last by Riebens ().

• I already tried repeating mission couple of times with the same result. Please help!

• Problem: Game crash after defeating Carrier in Sol system.

Searched Forums: EXTENSIVELY!

Solutions Tried: I've tried everything suggested for this problem. Including using the mission save VS autosave, installing older MS C++ files, restart, etc..

Game was installed on a CLEAN OS.

I was having consistent crashes after killing the Strike Carrier until I installed C++ files & restarted. I then loaded the mission save, and killed the Strike Carrier BEFORE the final nomad interceptors were killed. This resulted in the game NOT crashing, but it is now essentially 'stuck' in that I have not seen the "WELL DONE" message after the Carrier was destroyed.

It also produced a very odd looking station which seemed to manifest itself out of nowhere when the Strike Carrier was destroyed. Pic 1 attached.

UPDATE: After trying EVERYTHING suggested, AND killing ALL Nomad ships BEFORE the Carrier, I was able to advance past the mission successfully. (Odd station still persisted in that battle as well see pic 2)

Sol Carrier Destroyed problem.png

Sol Carrier Fight Problem.png

UPDATE 2: I am getting a recurring crash that is NOT repeatable and seems to be happening completely at random. Crash report lists "Common.dll" as the culprit, which I have read others have been having issues with as well.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Freelancer.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.1223.11
    Application Timestamp: 00534d69
    Fault Module Name: Common.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.1254.11
    Fault Module Timestamp: 3ecbb141
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00073be3
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    LCID: 1033

Edited 2 times, last by sexybeefs ().

• UPDATE: After trying EVERYTHING suggested, AND killing ALL Nomad ships BEFORE the Carrier, I was able to advance past the mission successfully. (Odd station still persisted in that battle as well see pic 2)

This has always been there, it is not a bug/glitch. Just ignore it, its only random debris that OP made for decoration. The crash may result in a faulty install(?). If it happens while docking at anywhere it maybe a autosave issue. Also be sure to check if your firewall is up to no good or turn it off (it's useless anyways and will only cause trouble).

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I still have problems starting freelancer when I use the GT540M card. on the intel HD3000 freelancer runs fine moest of the time.

I have already tried three nvidia drivers en reinstalled freelancer/crossfire multiple times. What else could it be?

Edited once, last by AFX ().

• Hello again!
    Thanks for help, i sucsessfully docked to the trade lane to Earth with the trains but after the arrival to Earth the Mission Waypoint returned to the trade lane where i came from (160K away).
    It's the third error with this mission. :(
    PLEASE can you give me a save game file to skip this mission?
    Thanks

HBenceHUN

• Update 3:After successfully defeating the Strike Carrier mission in the Sol system, I am now plagued by another issue that others have mentioned. Every time I jump to a different system, about a second after I get there the same "Mystery fleet" jumps in behind me. It appears to be all the ships that jumped in during the latter part of the Strike Carrier mission. No matter where I go, they all jump in with me and start killing everything in sight. Pictures from two different systems attached.

Mystery fleet problem.png

Mystery fleet problem 2.png

Update 4: I have arrived on the planet "Lost Paradise" and the Mystery Fleet is still in tow. Their numbers include a "neutral" (used to be Allied but changed recently) Juni & King, and an Allied Orillion. Picture attached.

Lost Paradise.png

Edited 3 times, last by sexybeefs ().

• Can someone please tell me the procedure to pass "wait at this position for the coalition commander to return" bug at Menton. I tried triggering the hyper gate, hold still on the mission way-point for a long time, circling around the gate at distance of 18k, repeat from last auto-save number of times, but I'm still stuck. Been here for hours.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

• Can someone please tell me the procedure to pass "wait at this position for the coalition commander to return" bug at Menton. I tried triggering the hyper gate, hold still on the mission way-point for a long time, circling around the gate at distance of 18k, repeat from last auto-save number of times, but I'm still stuck. Been here for hours.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

[hide]

go a little closer to the gate but not so close that it kills you[/hide]

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• go a little closer to the gate but not so close that it kills you

Thanks for the answer. I tried moving closer, I waited on 15K, 12K, 10K, tried even sneaking under 10K (managed to 9.5K without triggering the gate's weaponry) but nothing helped. Still stuck.

• I'm having the exact same problem as mmika01. I have tried waiting at 18 km, 10.1 km, at that Rhineland battleship remains and none of them let the mission proceed. I also attempted to reload from the mission save and redid everything up to that point and it is still not working.

• I'm having the exact same problem as mmika01. I have tried waiting at 18 km, 10.1 km, at that Rhineland battleship remains and none of them let the mission proceed. I also attempted to reload from the mission save and redid everything up to that point and it is still not working.

It is not known why the gate does not annihilate the coalition ships...but there is another way to trigger the event that was suppose to happen...do it manually. When message appears telling you to wait....

ignore it and fly back to the jump hole then jump to the other system and jump back and do the dirty work that the gate was suppose to do....kill your fellow coalition fighters....all of them, or until the message appears telling you to get the hell out of the system. DO NOT OPEN FIRE ON JUNI! SHE WILL KILL YOU!!! AND YOU CANNOT KILL HER :( SHE HAS GODMODE HACKS!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• this weekend ill release an update to the singleplayer missions which will contain a few security triggers
    -> 2nd trigger to destroy the fleet after the carrier mission
    -> additional trigger to destroy the coalition ships in menton after a specific time if not destroyed already
    -> additional trigger to call the retreat on the "Coalition" Mission after the coalition ships got defeated

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If you open the Neural Net Log after doing some of the extended missions, some of your personal log entries are triplicated (the same entry repeated three times). Obviously not a big deal but something to look into at a later date, perhaps.

I have crashed three times since starting the extended missions. First, about 5 seconds into the cutscene on New Berlin where you first talk to Orillion, it crashed to desktop. Restarting the game and trying again fixed the problem. Second, when told to dock at the Osiris by King, I attemtpted to dock myself instead of flying past the Osiris and it crashed to desktop again. Restarted and just attempted to fly past the Osiris and it docked for me. Lastly, I got the runtime error that other people got on the Nomad Strike Carrier orbiting Saturn. Following the advice of others in this thread, I loaded the last mission-specific savegame and got past it without a problem.

Your accents during the initial Orillion cutscene were very difficult to understand for me. You typed out the entire conversation after the cutscene was over, which was great, but I think subtitles would have been nice as well. I probably would have had an easier time understanding it if the volume of the dialogue was turned up against the volume of the music in that scene, as I found myself straining to hear you guys at some points. I'm from New York so I hear people with foreign accents all the time, but you guys have really thick accents, and as I just said, it was hard to hear some of the dialogue at all at times, which hurt the immersion aspects of playing a game like this. Still it was a great effort and much appreciated. Just trying to give you some constructive criticism on that front.

All in all, the extended campaign has been great so far. Thank you so much for your tremendous effort. It is so well done I am almost thinking about trying MP which I always hated in Freelancer. We shall see.

EDIT: One other issue is that there are dozens of grammatical errors in the extended campaign. If you don't care, that's fine. If you do care, I can help.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Intel i7-920
    Nvidia GeForce GTX285
    Realtek onboard sound card
    game at 1920x1200 with all settings maxed out and adv. shaders at default setting

Edited 2 times, last by I_Am_Skum ().

• Hi everyone i am having a small problem

I get message that MISNET.OCX is missing i have gone to the topic about this but the file is not there to download can anyone help me thanks

• Hi everyone i am having a small problem

I get message that MISNET.OCX is missing i have gone to the topic about this but the file is not there to download can anyone help me thanks

Check this thread:

index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22271

It's MSINET.OCX, not MISNET, btw.

Can you provide more information, most importantly what version of the OS you are running and if it is 32 or 64 bit. Also, you can just do a search for MSINET.OCX and find all of the related threads. This is an ancient problem with several possible solutions. You may just have to try them all. Good Luck!

• It is not known why the gate does not annihilate the coalition ships...but there is another way to trigger the event that was suppose to happen...do it manually. When message appears telling you to wait....

ignore it and fly back to the jump hole then jump to the other system and jump back and do the dirty work that the gate was suppose to do....kill your fellow coalition fighters....all of them, or until the message appears telling you to get the hell out of the system. DO NOT OPEN FIRE ON JUNI! SHE WILL KILL YOU!!! AND YOU CANNOT KILL HER :( SHE HAS GODMODE HACKS!

Thanks man, that worked for me.

• Update 5: After going to the large space station in the first Coalition system (the one with the massive planet) I ended up with two Junis. This isn't a "big problem" however the entire Coalition seems to be INCREDIBLY HOSTILE towards said Junis... I have died numerous times from the crossfire (no pun intended) that results from everything in sight trying to destroy her (them). Picture attached.

Two Junis & Coalition death.png