EVENT REWARDS - General Question

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• This is what we call a pasionnate ! :thumbsup:

• 2 events per day sounds like a good idea if that is possible

or swap the days and do a morning event one day and a evening event the other day which will mean that one week that specific event will be in the morning the next week the event will be held in the evening

• Lets guess we have the majority of european and american players on the server. For european 8PM GMT (without DST) should be feasible to take part.
    Lets assume we take the middle of america as reference - the the next event would be at +6 = 02AM GMT (without DST) server time.

Two events in distance of 6 hours. Or are there sooo many players from the asia - then we need to have a 3rd event (eventually at -6 hours = 2 PM GMT (without DST) server time).

That all would just be practicable if there are people volunteering for hosting such events. So where are you hosters?

signature.png

• good answer that is showing some of the reasons i did not take part of any event till now...

an other reason was for example my ship, or better the equipment of it. as i wanted take part an event the first time, i have seen that i have no chance against the strong weapons the other players have (i play CF since three weeks). now i have the right weapons and i am able to buy every ship i want. so this is not any more a reason =)

a reason too is my bad web connection. after reached a data limit, the speed of it is very low. it is enough for "normal" playing like discover systems or figth against NPCs or for an easy 1vs1 PvP. but i do not know how it works with 5,6,7 or more players. i do not want to be the reason for lagging or a server crash !

so now i'm waiting to have full speed again and then i will take part of events =)

i will do it only for fun to play against or together with other players. money is not the reason (it is not difficult to get much money in CF i think...). equipment will not be a reason too, because after some hours of playing you will know how to get all kind of it (perhaps something like "unique equipment" would be cool, but after 100 events there will be an "influation" of it when nearly every player has it. but perhaps something like this...). access to clan systems and the right to buy equipment there without asking for permission for a short period of time would be nice, but i cannot say if it is possible or it would be ok for the clans.

greetings from germany (and sorry about my bad english... :S )

• access to clan systems and the right to buy equipment there without asking for permission for a short period of time would be nice

nice one ;)

If somebody will need this, we agree to it.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Quoted from "Marauder"
    Some people look at the events....and think.....I stand no chance

Some think.....thats just for all those guys on group (whatever)....I wouldn't be welcomed

Some think .....if I don't do well in the event, all those guys on group (whatever) will always screw with me

All the above and also thought Events were for Clan members only not a Freelancer :). Being as I am not a pvper I don't have the ship or equipment for that aspect.

"Imagination is the Creation of All Things." B.Mac. 1986 :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Cargo-Joe ().

• I once participated in an event... it was still in 1.7 and it was AWSOME!!

I wasn't around in 1.8 and only a bit in 1.82. But if id hear somebody calling me up for a event, i would fly there.

I personaly don't need any rewards, as it is enough to have fun... Allthough, im a litle short on money as all my accounts dissapeared since 1.7

Perhaps the idea about some special item (gun/shield/toruster) FOR A LIMITED TIME.

I don't think people participate to make money, as there are better ways to make it.

• Well, it depends on the award if it's profitable or not.

I guess people shouldn't only look about money, but not that's not welcomed... especially now in 1.9 where money earning is balanced and fair(at least more than before), it may be interesting for any RP types to participate in such events...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis