Comments for reducing BS cargo change in CF 1.9

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

reduce the cargo hold of battleships to 100

currently all those *******s trading with battleships are completely overpowered

CDs don't hit them because of whatever fucked up hit box they have (probably the same as Soulforge Train) ... and its speed in cruise is like 550 how are we supposed to stop that?

yep, and while you're on it, makes us all a favor OP, reduce also whimpers cops mouth, i rarely come to this forum, and yet, everytime i come see more of the same. Yeah OP, reduce the power of those overpowered guys, those infamus guys, that are always attacking others, going into them to provoke battles, in which they disturb their tranquility! Yep, those who are always making F1, reloading and saying i dont give a sh**, using mines in massive battles to lag server and still dont give a sh**, disrespect players and dont give a sh**! Yeah OP, Ban them, it will make it easier for the righteous! Yeah, and btw, why wont you B(i)G Mouth sugest OP to take also the guns from those ******s guys?!?!, i think it will be fair...it wil make things even! The thing is, im new and with my silence i've learn more in 3 months, then most of you that play this mod for years! Yep, i can still be a ingame noob, but not in RL! And when someone talks too much, it will loses others consideration, no one will take him in consideration, it will become a clown! Always complining, grumble, begging this, begging that, for own benefit, yep, i think its fair! while your on it, why dont satart to beg for those ******s to start walking in Sirius instead of OP grant them ships O_O! i bet you'd never come up with this one... its 22PM, im off forum, continue pls, i like to watch all these important threads... :love::love:

P.S no matter whats the thread, theres always the same whimpers, i'll try to make a Thread about carrots and onions to see if this subject will come up too ;)

yours truly,

The Elusive One :thumbsup:

'I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant' - Robert McCloskey

• Thx for quoting my complaint about something which is obviously not balanced at all

that is why Op told me not to worry about it since it will be fixed in 1.9

have a nice day

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• is that a fact?!?!? he told you? well... good for the both. Eg, i am not a kisser, never been interested to please OP. One's actions are more relevant...
    Spiky, nothing personal with you mate, just tired of more of the same... it just happen to seen your post, with more...
    leaving posts now, i've ended my arguments...

yours truly,

'I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant' - Robert McCloskey

• I little cleaned "Crossfire 1.9 Changes thread and move here discussion.

• well, why not fix the licenses too then? By restricting BMG trade to a smuggler's license you solve all the problems regarding this area.

To be honest, I think that trading in Bships is unbalancing the mod in the first place. Battleships are for fighting not trading...but don't expect people to do this by themselves because people adapt, that's what we've been doing for the past 40.000 years (or more) so that in the end we could play CF and post on forums^^.

It seems to me that the whole economy thing is somewhat unbalanced...I bet that there is an economist or two among the ranks of the players sow why not ask them to analyse the CF economic model and maybe put in suggestions on what needs to be done in this regard. Following their conclusions, we can set goals as to what has to be changed and chose the means to do it.

P.S. Although I agree with Elusive on the part where changes are demanded and implemented (right away) on some aspects of the game, while other aspects (reported and debated, etc) remain unresolved and ignored; I have to agree with Spiky on the fact that the BS is now an "ubership" and for the sake of balance, no such thing must exist. Also, I understand that there is a Persephone/Lagg missile tracking issue...Despite these observations, I am not "demanding" anything, only pointing out what I observed and by doing so express my respect and gratitude for the existence of CF in the first place.

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• It takes just a few clicks to delete the mod and close the server. Considering all the bullshit that I had to read during the past days I am very close from doing so.

You ppl appear to be visiting this forum, yes... but you understand not a single word.
    All you can do is talk stupid bullshit and blame each other... and now even I get dragged into this shit.
    You have no idea about all the stuff that is going on but still you think to be an expert. You think you can tell me what I have to do? After all those years that this community and this mod successful you think to know stuff better than I do? You think you can tell me how my mod should look like or which "impossible" things I have to mod?

You tell me something about fixing battleships... something that I have done and announced 3 months ago (even in a seperated thread right at the CF mod section). You have not even an idea how balancing looks like as you focus on your limited point of view.
    Linking licences with BMGs? What? Did nobody tell you that this can not be done with normal FL modding? I think I have explained that at least 3 times over the past year.
    What? What do I read? Balancing traderoutes... Daywalker had to correct me a few weeks ago when there was a discussion about the same topic. There are more than 10million possible traderoutes in CF. You want to balance them by hand? Ok we release the mod 2044.

Do you ppl actually read the forum? Do you actually care about the work we do for ALL the players out there? Or do you simply ignore us and our reasons for doing something?

is that a fact?!?!? he told you? well... good for the both. Eg, i am not a kisser, never been interested to please OP. One's actions are more relevant...

...so what are your actions actually? I am yet waiting to see them.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• woooo, woooo....I just made a suggestion. I was not reffering to the trade routes alone. That wasn't the point. The point is smuggling. Usually there is a balance between the "Smuggling goods" and the legal goods. Whilst the legal goods are easier to trade and profit is low, the illegal ones are harder to trade but the profit is high. Depending on request and offer, the illegal goods can be made harder to trade and the legal ones easier in order to balance stuff out.

This can be done in a whole range of ways, from what Spiky suggested (making battleships vulnerable to cds -as it would be only normal-) to increasing cargo size for trains and reducing speed, etc, etc, etc...thusly increasing the risk of smuggling while the values remain untouched.

About the license stuff: I'm sorry if I don't have the time to play as much as I would like or to go through every piece of information on the forum. Last I knew about this, if I remember correctly, Haegar was going over the problem to see if it can be done. Nevermind, there's more ways of restricting BMG trade than this.

Did I say anything about balancing trade routes by hand? Also, did you read the last part of what I wrote: "Despite these observations, I am not "demanding" anything, only pointing out what I observed and by doing so express my respect and gratitude for the existence of CF in the first place."

About elusive, he reffers to playing the game. that's just about the only action available (I'm saying this as a PX representative).

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• What if we just can wait until the next version is out instead of posting every little opinion about what can be done in which way more than just one time.
    BSses are already reworked, market goods are already reworked. You dont have an insight so far - so it makes no sense to assume or disucss about what how when...

signature.png

• IF one of the suggestions would have been possible (which is not the case) then we would have considered it. IF anything of that would be an option then we would have used it.

And taking the same topic over and over again while not accepting the "no" is demanding.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The thing with human beings is, even if they have everything they want, they want more. It's such a common phenomenon.

What is actually the problem I wonder, why people ask and ask for more and more, even though there has been done a lot? Is it maybe because the extend of the mod makes the game appear like a
    game that "has" to fullfill certain requirements? Because I don't think it has to. Freelancer as a game was limited from the beginning in aspects of Multiplayer. There were simple task you could do, but nothing really worth achieving, worth spending hours upon. Crossfire, like many other mods, did a lot of pioneer work in this area, that has to be RESPECTED. Just because there are many mods out there doesn't mean the achievments and contents of one doesn't matter anymore. I mean, dude, it's 2011 and we're still playin' a game from 2003 or earlier, seriously, common.

I loved Freelancers SP and now, for the first time there is a real chance that we will get an SP part of Freelancer, that continues this great story with a rich universe, that was created during the years of its creation. If it was for me, I would SELL it as an Addon, not just offering it for free, but that's what we are getting, and awesome extension to the game we all love so much, for free.

So why piss off the one guy, that sacrifices so much time for a huge entairtainment experience for all Freelancer lovers? If you do have something to contribute, do it in a civilized manner. I mean you don't walk up to an Artist and say, that HAS to be like that, not like this. You don't walk to a programmer and say, no you have to code it like this, not like that.

Our part as a community is to tell the OP what and how we would like to have it, and the OP will try to fullfill those wishes, but you can't do things that ain't doable, from outside it's always simple to judge, to say "it's not that much, just that and that". I mean modding must be a f****** intensive and time consuming entreprise, I myself can't imagine how much workload there was and will be when thinking about all those textures, models, graphical enhancements, balancing works etc. I mean just from my point as someone who has dealt at a low-level with things such as these I can imagine how much effort went into this mod.

So don't forget, you as the community do have the right to contribute your thoughts when asked for, even if means reporting bugs and other issues, but you don't have any privilege to ask for things, especially if you are not invovled in the modding process.

Bitte bring Crossfire 1.9 mit neuer SP raus, egal wie lange es dauert, FL ist das einzige Sci-Fi game das ich überhaupt spielen vermag und wenn die Story endlich mal auf eine Weise enden könnte, würde das für sehr viele glaube ich viel bedeuten.

You do a great job OP.

...so what are your actions actually? I am yet waiting to see them.

I'll take the challenge...

1st- and to continue my point of view let me clear that BESIDES my 2 first interventions on Swat forum, in which at the time i wasnt aware of alll the requests made by our mates concerning incoming features fo CF 1.9, and others who doesnt have anything more to do except inflaming clans relations, i've posted these, which are inserted in both cathegories i've mencioned above.

Severe violation of server rules
    Server Commands

2nd- after these my 2 sins i ask you to point another, in which i, with knowledge and intention, try to inflame or ask for improvements for CF, once i've took in consideration your difficulties regarding dealing with users!

3rd- i treat everyone, young players at server and in age with respect, from my clan as from another clan, as you can ask anyone who deal with me, includind 'enemies' like Gunny, Mr.Verbose, SA and others, and i mean, i mean, out of RP! If they want to be a man to admit it, and i know, from my conversations with some that they are! Ofc that theres no one from the so called enemy clans who like me in RP, but i can separate RP, to treat others with respect, one thing is RP, another is out of char! Which obviously, rarely we can. I speak to them nicely, and then when i take action towards them they ask me why. No why, RP. But still had no problems regarding personal matter. I can still talk to my so called 'enemies'. Only personal issue for me is Dino, who doesnt seem to respect anyone in server, but i dont want to talk about here, it will be deal ingame!

4th- I've never, but now you make to, came to the forum to discuss ingame issues and in order to set the forum in fire, and despite i went thru some serios issues like harassment, while doing my ingame evolution, i still dont! And then i see the ones who harrass me complainig... but still i have nothing against them, personaly...

5th- i've been already accused of cheating in server, and i never made it, and didnt make it at least consciously, if anyone think it, im sorry for him, poor excuse for a loser... and i might add, never been acused of cheating, in MP, played CSS for years...

6th- im not an active developer of the mod...

7th- if i had any skills to participate in it i would...

8th- therefor i make my modest contribution to the mod in my modest but honest way, by trying to give a positive image to those newcomers into our server, of those who already are in it... by helping in everyway i can...

9th- i'll take this oportunity to ask to all of our mates, instead of active forum participation, try to be as active in server, thats what we need, no regrets, no anger, no RL issues mixed up with game

10th- already called Mr.Verbose a cheater for jumping and saw what i was wrong, after he show me, and admit it...

11th- already heard Gunny, and THAT's not easy, complaining, and understood him...

12th- i see everyone side, but i've got to look at mine first (PX)

13th- we all make mistakes, and learn, but continue to repeat them, its foolish...

14th- i dont like to see the strong one's abusing of the weaks, im always on the weak side, coz the strong, as my father said once, dont need anyone else at their side...

15th- another lesson from my father that i transmit to you. He told me once- ' Before others, you want to be recognized as a man or as a shit?' and that defined all my life since then...

Finally, yes, im not perfect, but everyone who knows me, know it, i never try to please anyone, i am who i am. And in my RL what makes me be respected by people around me, its not beeing a false polite, its beeing honest and care about others. In game we are what we are, its our choice, so why complain? Not happy, sw side. Dont like a guy coz his on opposite faction, that doesnt mean you cant talk to him O.O.C. Im at war with you?!? and so what?!? whats the big deal? Deal with it i say. Choose your actions before, dont complain about the effect. Dont try to bring others down so you can feel on the top of the hill, it will last shortly. These actions wont bring more ppl to server, they will instead make them depart after they become aware of surrounding poluted air. I'm to blame, and surely you too, reader.

and i say it with all the words in here...
    what the fuck??!? what the fuck!?!?

Starlog Date; idk, my ship's kitchen watch is broken...

P.S. do i really needed to say what were my actions? do we really need to say, or do we really need to do?!?!?

yours truly,

• 1) "Severe violation of server rules"
    this has been dealt by me personally and with the activation of a security mechanism

"Server Commands"

a similar request was done at the CF1.9 wishlist
    the decision about it was a clear "no"

"/changemyname " would open the server to any cheater without having the chance to punish them anymore
    "/drawcash <charname> <password> <amount> " we decided against it as it makes no sense introducing such a command that would slow down the serverload by additional I/O access when EVERY player is naturally able to hold up to 20 billion $ per account
    " /givecash <charname> <amount> " will not happen FL lives by the interaction between players (and that includes money transfers)
    "/showcash <charname> <password> " will also not happen as we already have detailed character statistics including the money of each char
    "/setmsgslot 1 (this will have the number of slots you'll consider useful, ex 10)" clearly has no priority over all the other changes we still have to do

I am a modder, not a FLhook coder so even if i would want to do changes i wouldnt be able to do them.

2) my "difficulties regarding dealing with users" has lead me to the point that i am running the 2 oldest and biggest FL communities on the net including the most popular FL mod
    question is what kind of users I have to deal with... those that act normal or those which post pretty offensive stuff that is to an large extent against the rules of this community

3) for being respectful your initial post on this thread was by far respectless, sorry to say that (but probably you just had a bad day)

4) harassment is a serious issue, but if i remember correct there are clear guidelines how to deal with it (or do the console messages not work anymore)

5) dont worry, everyone gets accused for cheating sooner or later by someone, not even the admin is an exception from this

6) yeah i know, I am the main developer of CF... Ive started working on the new version on 14th december 2010 and since that I have worked every damn day on it since that day... worst thing on that is that next to that I am running 2 major FL communities and still have a private life and a job to do
    so excuse me if i am not everywhere doing everything at request

7) thanks for that

8) that is good

9) very good, agreed

10) mistakes happen

11) i can understand that very well as i receive every complaining of every player

12) ok

13) it is

14) i dont agree as ive seen the opposite often enough

15) I wouldnt want to judge about which side I belong. All i am interested in is to do something constructive.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,