Market balacing, input needed

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• I think OP has announced changes to battleships that go in this direction (less cargo I believe),
    as this "issue" with BS doing trading as already been brought up?

BMG only available to smugglers would be nice indeed.
    (and I am thinking police could finally "seize" illegal cargo without being called "corrupt", if being
    the only way to obtain such goods is beeing by arresting smugglers? same deal with pirates if
    need to seize a trader to get BMGs - and possibly re-sell them afterwards for extra "benefits"?)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Minimum cargo of a BS should not be less than 150 @Abras, it´s already a pita to change the battleship turrets on a destroyer (which has 150 Cargo hold) making the hold 50 will make you docking one time per turret and the usage of Weight Reducers on BS wouldn´t be possible anymore. Also if it would be 150 the profit would be that less that noone would use it anymore. On the other hand i didnt saw OP asking for ship changes - just for our meaning about the market files.

A classical no to the Trains for Smugglers only - makes no sence for me because it would limit the top RP on only one Faction which is atm. inexistant and would be targeted by everyone. If you have the money buy the Train for whatever you will need it -> but probably it will cost lets say 600 Mil? and the Battleship 800 Mil? I don´t think that it would be a good idea to reduce a key benefit from CF with making it impossible for some not to use any ship, also it would not be well accepted imO.

There is way more music in the Ships as we are currently playing atm. i even didn´t used all new ones from 1.8 yet but i would like to with time. Ofc. we are humans so we would most likely cry for the ships we can´t get where others can and we would most likely call it an unfair advantage for the others and so on. Don´t we have problems enough? :D

Just a thought. Ofc. this will not count for anyone reading this here - only for everyone else ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• I agree with Abras' post that I copied below....entirely, 100%. I would like to add ( but I know this is not going to happen) , if you engage in smuggling or activity contrary to your RP, then your rep starts to be effected. So if you lose your rep status for youe chosen profession, then you can't hold the license. That will keep people within their boundaries for sure.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Second note: From what I am reading in Op's original post, I suspect a char-wipe would be required?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I would like to add ( but I know this is not going to happen) , if you engage in smuggling or activity contrary to your RP, then your rep starts to be effected.

This would be a good idea, theroetically, practically: If ppl generaly using fake accounts to retreat from their choosen Clan RP where is the point to limit something in making the Gameplay deeper? It would be only a disadvantage for those playing by the rules.

Click the image above to visit us.

• This would be a good idea, theroetically, practically: If ppl generaly using fake accounts to retreat from their choosen Clan RP where is the point to limit something in making the Gameplay deeper? It would be only a disadvantage for those playing by the rules.

Essentially nothing would change, hence the reason why I am broke....... :D

I intend on smuggling tonight. See if I can arrest myself.

On Topic: I think tying people to a faction just like NPC would work great. Maybe afterwards, cops can have a selection of paintjobs on their rp specifc fighters or traders, representing police.

• TOPIC IS: market balancing
    NOTHING ELSE

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• dunno if this is a matter of balancing. but somehow we should look for the goods, where they can be sold and bought. As example: Lately i had a good that was best bought in Gagarin and best sold in California. I doubt someone ever would do this run. Hence we should somehow see that we have special goods spread in the whole universe for sure but held locally. Thus for this example a good from Gagarin can be sold not more far than Sovetskaya for example. So speaking mostly about the new systems as for the vanilla systems this is not a matter, the ways for traveling through 5 vanilla systems is nearly the same as traveling through 2 new systems. The equality is somewhat out of order regarding this matter.

signature.png

• Sovetskaya(Altair) is already good for escape pods hunting + some good trade rutes ...hmmm it might be diluted RP and interaction. I'm trying to think "balancing" through RP. Also, I'm against limiting... ...Clans should be given more freedom to play and not limit its players ... We run this place ... sorry for my englese rofl...
    I hope everyday event -trader hunt.

• as the market is random (i have not much influence on prices and location of goods) i wont even try to think about taking a look at specific trade routes

FYI - in CF there are more than one million possible traderoutes

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Doesn't matter how many trade routes CF has, they are pointless if no one is using them. Besides highly profitable BMG routes repeat about ones a week.

• BMGs are handled different but it takes at least 1 1/2 weeks before one might repeat
    however - what i wanted to say is that no matter how much you want specific routes or specific conditions for routes it is impossible to realize that
    its a dynamic market and so it is not controlable

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If you had to be friendly with a faction to buy a commodity, you might find you can't sell it due to the fact that best place to sell it is hostile and you can't dock. This would be a difficult problem to resolve especially with a random market. I think it wuld be best not to to alter this aspect. However, having to be smuggler to smuggle I think is a good idea.

• Off toxic:

We have three great RP, the fourth does not fit into the other three ... OK to make money and what then?