Killing fee raised?

There are 68 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• i think we will see more and more police bmg
    is that right dino and raziel ? (this time i will take ss)

SHS, this your accusing is getting annoying. My PM is open for any kind of server/RP violations from UR, even if you have problems with me. So.. gimme screenshots or stfu. ktnx.

now back to topic:
    1m is way too much.. Ppl with few milions will get bankrupted very fast. And ofc, rich bullies will have np with that coz they have 20-30 bilions.

• SHS, this your accusing is getting annoying. My PM is open for any kind of server/RP violations from UR, even if you have problems with me. So.. gimme screenshots or stfu. ktnx.

now back to topic:
    1m is way too much.. Ppl with few milions will get bankrupted very fast. And ofc, rich bullies will have np with that coz they have 20-30 bilions.

i dont think anyone will forget mr fearless bmg in francfurt : )
    or mr raziel bmg in NL (and even stop to fine me cuz i was bmg) but this time i will take ss and post in in the forum ^^
    despret time for police is coming : >

space

the final frontier

• now back to topic:

[irony]This, a million times this.[/irony]

Despite most people's "brilliant analysis" concerning this scenario, not all of us have the time some of you "professional gamers" have to sit on the CF server all day and run smuggling routes(much less legit trade/mining routes) to the tune of a level 100 character. I also find it ironic the supporters of this move are also the richest.

And spare me the "well that's your problem, play more" speech as that is not an option for most of us with a busy real-life schedule, real-life obligations or family.

Getting blown out of the sky to the tune of a million a pop by current pirates attacking below level 40 freelancers will surely end up running most newcomers off this server as well I'm afraid, it certainly isn't appealing to me to get caught up in PvP affairs anymore either. I've already seen Faaby get bankrupted today, I expect to see it happen to other clans and freelancer bystanders alike as well.

Bad form ole chap, I do hope you seriously reconsider this idea OP as little good will come of it. To me it seems nothing more than another "weapon" for the wealthy to wield over the poor here on this server.

• SHS : That's ludicrous it comes to that... Police smuggling goes against our core RP of being legit... You are sooo right to laugh at us and i can just be ashamed if i need to trade BMGs too in order to survive....

• i dont think anyone will forget mr fearless bmg in francfurt : )
    or mr raziel bmg in NL (and even stop to fine me cuz i was bmg) but this time i will take ss and post in in the forum ^^
    despret time for police is coming : >

"This" time you will take ss? So, you dont have them. Then stop insulting police officers without reason!!! thanks

• or just stop the insulting in the first place...

The problem here is the fact that game balance has been altered and concerns have raised and people would like to be... reassured i guess.

• ok... now that i got your attention
    lets talk about avoiding roleplay (tax/fine) by simply getting killed

I want to set this straight... everything in life has its consequences and a 1mio transferal for a kill is the logical consequence to all those players on the server which avoided roleplay situations in the past. Fair... not fair... who actually cares? Players of this servers provoked these consequences. At this point the question if this change is right or wrong is absolutely unimportant.
    For months here on this forum threads appear about RP and how people avoid it... and in the end they justified it with "if i get killed my loss is smaller so i dont do RP". For months you complained about this situation and now it got changed.... suddenly applying to the original RP idea such as paying a fine or tax is an option to you again as your loss being killed starts to hurt.
    Everything has its consequences, i am damn sure that such a high kill fine also has them. The point about new players is absolutely valid. I have clearly considered that.

To take out the pressure on this thread:
    The current situation is a test and a warning to you. It is a temporarily state (for now).
    Everything has consequences (i hate repeating myself and now i said it the 3rd time)... the current situation (or worse) is what might await you if you think you can lay out rules or roleplay the way it pleases you.
    I easily can change the server conditions in a way that will hurt those that think to be more smart than others, more smart than our rules.
    Like I said... take it as a test... take it as a warning.

How will the future setting look like on the server?
    I clearly dont know.
    Personally I think that a high fine for battles is nothing bad... if it really has to be 1mio is something i still have to consider.
    One thing I am sure as hell is that nobody needs to claim not having the chance to make enough money with the next mod release.
    But there is still the point that new players might become victims of shameless idiots which think their personal profits stand high above the long term interests of this server.
    A solution to this problem has to be found prior a final setting can be created. How such a solution might look like is something I can not say as this for sure involves technical changes on the FLhook software. At the point i can not even say if it can be done at all or how much work is involved.

Fact is no matter which method is being used... i will no longer allow that players avoid roleplay. But I also will not allow that players abuse giving settings and rules.

For now the 1mio fine got reduced but sooner or later (very likely sooner) serious changes will come.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Dino and SHS:
    can you stop this please?

either you contact a GR with proof for a complain, either continue this through PM, but not here...

This brings nothing to this topic.

Thank you ^^

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• As ALL of you should realize !!! THIS has been gone out of topic once again. Thank you very much !

one guy is posting some crap. the next jumps right at it and postes his stuff. then the first one is going to defend himself and bringing up some other stuff as well! which leads others to jump in and defend the second one. also makes it the first one being more angry and raising the attitude (NOT in the positive direction)

I can just say thank you for messing up threads one by one. (and sometimes some of you mess up multiple threads within just a few minutes)

Reading in the forum was kinda fun, MONTH (if not even Years) ago. But now it has just turned into mark-forum-as read-marathon WITHOUT even bothering to read whats written in there

As you all know. I was kinda gone for quite some time. and I didn't really have the chance to keep up with whats goin on on the server.

But when I first logged back in to the forum I WAS SHOCKED

I had like more than 600 UNREAD posts and gues what??? .. yes you are right.. Most of them was just CRAP. arguing about whats not even having any sense.

IF you guys have something to discuss. MEET ONLINE and finish the conversation and after that (no matter who is getting out as the winner) GET OVER IT!

I dont want to point at anyone particular. (because I think those people responsible are exactly knowing that they are meant) I just hold on a roll call to EVERYONE on here, so that this crap-posting and arguing about the dirt under the fingernails can come to an end!

It's nice to have something to argue about. its also nice to have something you can try to blackmail the opponent with and its also nice to have some things you can put pressure on the other partie to use it for your own advantage. BUT PLEASE DO IT ONLINE and PLAY the game instead of arguing whats right and wrong!

there will always be ppl, complaining about whatever. and accusing others to either not playing fair, not staying within the given rules and also not accepting the others point of view (because they might have the attitude that just their pov is the only right one)!

I think it would be really nice to get back to basic, where we all (mostly) actually came from. and back to the place and point where the whole comunity actually made FUN because its still a game!

I dont want others to shut up or keep their arguments for themself. I would just ask you for simply a bit more respect toward the other party.

Treat others the same way you want to be treated yourself

Accusing does not solve any problems. insulting does not either. and harassing does also NOT solve any problems! I think that counts for all participiants!

sorry for being a bit off topic

Oh.. speaking of topic.

I killed SA (oh yeah.. a cop, well cop female :) ) Faaby several times in X today. And yes it was fun for both parties.

I also offered her to give her some cash, after I shot her sweet majesty back to NY :) but she declined. Even tho it was still fun. Oh.. 1 mill per kill nice. but only when you dont kill yourself :)

and whats the problem with that? I mean ok.. there are a bunch of ppl not that rich. ok. but there are a bunch of ppl who could actually support the NOT rich ones. in order to get richer OR get better in fighting.

besides.. a lot are complaining that they lose a lot more cash now, than they did before when they are fighting.

can anyone tell me how many millions you lost already, since the changes have been done?

I was online quite some time today. and barely saw anyone killing someone :)

just think about it :)

• @OP : i got no problem with 1M death penalty for 1.9 (with all the money opportunities it'll bring). I am happy this is a test and i would advise not to implement it definitively until 1.9 is released. Until then Cops should forget the BMGs like they should and we should do some good Police vs Smuggler fights in Frankfurt...

• @Verbose: You are correct in the analysis that the "old school" honor is no longer applicable and I believe this is a generational attribute, as most people / players in my age group ( aka Me, Daywalker , Huor, CA , RA and a few others) are honorable people in RL and we work to earn. The younger people ( for the most part) feel they are entitled to anything they want, as life should just give them what they want rather than earning it: ie respect, commodities, cars etc. I am not picking on young folks, it's simply a fact of how society has progressed or regressed depending on your point of view.

With all that jibberish being said: Yes, the cops will be stooping to a new level, even lower than my legitimate business of Sirius Bucks Coffee, just in order to survive. I have 109 mil to my name on all my chars and at the rate I have bounties being set on my chars and the fights I am in, I will be broke soon, but I promise I will be taking some folks to the cleaners with me.

Combat and Capitalism is not fair, so don't expect fairness out of me anytime soon.

Edit: Abras you are right, no sense in talking about fairness , engine hacks, noob killing.....it's all just a game. It's simply time to play dirty. Close this thread please.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Well, i agree with riebens, lvl of protected players should be lvl 50, because on lvl 50 you can have decent ship with decent equipment which can help you if someone attacks you. Problem with avoiding RP is like OP said people would rather die and pay 100 k then pay lowest 500k tax. Then change taxes now when death tool is changed. Make it 1 million lowest and people will fight for that 1 million.

• I killed SA (oh yeah.. a cop, well cop female :) ) Faaby several times in X today. And yes it was fun for both parties.
    I also offered her to give her some cash, after I shot her sweet majesty back to NY :) but she declined. Even tho it was still fun. Oh.. 1 mill per kill nice. but only when you dont kill yourself :)

I always enjoy our squirmishes, because even if opposite RP, you always show respect, and I respect you for this
    (does not prevent tough fights and deaths, but those are extremely fun ^^).

Honor and style - Pirates can be this way as well (thanks SMG for those "refreshing times" :thumbsup: )
    It is not even about money actually (which is barely an excuse to "trigger" RP in those cases hehe)

I wished more would see it this way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, seems current fee has been set to 200,000 credits now (thanks Abras for the "experiment" hehe)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• I changed my mind in the matter of taxes. I wasn't paying any taxes ever since today, because I personally HATE bullies in every possible form. I was always shot because of that and it really wasn't avoiding RP, because being shot down with cargo full of AO close to the drop off point is something very far from reasonable RP-avoiding tactic. But after reading the OPs (and few other vet pilots, who think) argumentation I agree to pay taxes when in train (with very heavy heart and after long consideration). All rats trying to tax me when in fighter can expect the same as always, I can't even imagine it other way - it's like trying to rob an armed police officer IRL.

I have absolutely nothing against very high kill fee if only there are ways to get cash in legal way without sitting in train the whole day to get 50M. I find the consequence of more planned, more carefully thought out engagements very, very good and the consequence of lack of stupid 6h battles even better.

• Gunny
    please stop this "old school honor" crap
    this is not true, you know that as good as i do
    your views about the past reflect the pure fact that from those old times only players are left which you consider honorful as the stuck to the rules and this community
    but the past never was that shiny
    there were many ugly events up to devastating clan wars where both sides ignored every sense of honor and respect
    we both along with other "senior members" went through many unpleasant situations that were worse than anything we have nowadays
    the view on the past is always very subjective
    I personally would not even claim to have always act with honor in the past 7-8 years.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!