Facebook is FAIL!

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Do you mind about data privacy in general? 24

1. Yes I do (17) 71%
    2. No, i am not concerned (5) 21%
    3. What is data privacy (2) 8%

I watched it currently in the news. Facebook has again another data privacy hole where users can retrieve information of users that are not even registered there. Just because other users saved information about their friends there.
    OMG - i know why i am not registered there. And wont do it anytime soon. Their dataprivacy stopped somewhen in the middle ages...

I know that there are a few users here who have an account there. I just wanted to ask you - if you do mind about data privacy at all?!

signature.png

• Ha... seriously?
    Well, I guess they will fix it soon. Although it felt to the wrong hands(Facebook) and I still use it , I haven't seen any unusual things going on.

I've also read that Facebook and Microsoft are uniting against Google. As Google is about to unleash a Social Network Website too.

• I don't mind what others post about me there.... also they have free speech rights unless another calls the right for his private data.

If somebody wants to know stuff about me, is enough with watching my IP and it's data.... a lot of info about everything about me is seen then.

Anyways in Spain noone is worried about that... everyone knows everything and they don't care much :P even the home doors are usually opened in some places... Unlike other countries where houses are locked with 3 locks and everyone has secrets about everyone. (like the one I was born in :/ )

Edit:

I jsut see this as a try from some competitor to damage Facebook as it's going too high with all it's features... Twitter or friendbox or whatever social red isn't better, as people post stuff about others in there too.

Like the players who play Crossfire and not members on Facebook are shown by screenshots on Facebook. It matters ? :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• yes it matters because if i register at facebook i comply with their approaches. But if i am not a member and there is information shared about me without my knowledge than its absoultely against any data privacy.
    Its common sense to protect its own privacy - because thats alone my proverty. And its no matter if the name of the social network is facebook or google or or or. Unfirtunate services like that give a rats ass about data privacys at all.

signature.png

• I don't mind what others post about me there.... also they have free speech rights unless another calls the right for his private data. If somebody wants to know stuff about me, is enough with watching my IP and it's data.... a lot of info about everything about me is seen then. Anyways in Spain noone is worried about that... everyone knows everything and they don't care much :P even the home doors are usually opened in some places... Unlike other countries where houses are locked with 3 locks and everyone has secrets about everyone. (like the one I was born in :/ ) Edit: I jsut see this as a try from some competitor to damage Facebook as it's going too high with all it's features... Twitter or friendbox or whatever social red isn't better, as people post stuff about others in there too. Like the players who play Crossfire and not members on Facebook are shown by screenshots on Facebook. It matters ? :D

dude.. do you even know what you are talking about??

data privacy has NOTHING to do with what OTHERS are sharing about you. its WHAT YOU ARE giving away on information about yourself, which is getting spreaded around and accessable for others. even without YOUR knowing about

here is a quote from the Wikipedia about data privacy concerning the internet usage :)

"The ability to control what information one reveals about oneself over the Internet, and who can access that information, has become a growing concern. These concerns include whether email can be stored or read by third parties without consent, or whether third parties can track the web sites someone has visited. Another concern is whether web sites which are visited collect, store, and possibly share personally identifiable information about users."

• I wonder how much data about huor has been leaked from my account ^^
    j/k

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

dude.. do you even know what you are talking about??

data privacy has NOTHING to do with what OTHERS are sharing about you. its WHAT YOU ARE giving away on information about yourself, which is getting spreaded around and accessable for others. even without YOUR knowing about

Read better, what you're saying is with settings and security atm, but Huor's post is about
    Others saying about you, while you are NTO registered there !, so you can't GIVE away info on a place I'm NOT VISITING :)

but nvm, Idc anyway about theese places ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• But actually thats what happening there. It is possible to retrieve info about users that are not registered there and didnt complied with their rules and data privacy. Just because a friend of you inserted the info for about you there - just to enlight his crappy memory eventually ;D

I dont like such sites - where people talk about themselves what they are doing every minute. Porsche - a famous german car developer - denied their employess the usage of social networks. Guess there are reasons for it.
    Unfortunate Facebook is situated in the US, so people have less possibilities to do something against their way of operating this site - especially in relation to such topics like data privacy.

signature.png

• of course such info can get leaked

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Everywhere happens the same...

Devastator lives in Germany and he's playing Crossfire. He has no kids, one girlfriend, etc

look, you jsut have info on somebody who's not logged here ^^

how you can even protect this... it's insane lol

• Nah its not the same Michael. And isnt it a shame that nowadays its "of course" that such information can get leaked? Why arent those sites interested to protect their members, their privacy...
    The glassy human is reality. 20 years ago the people from the former GDR had suffered under similar conditions - and everyone has complaint about the deeds of the so called Stasi. I cannot say much about that as i was too young to recon anything about that - but from sayings from my relatives it was horrible.

Well its not totally the same but it seems it get used to know everyting about someone else - now under the name of social networking ;)

signature.png

• Yes, knowing everything abotu everyone is what the 'society sites' are for.... as it's having great results in the cooperation between people, see there are less conflicts there :P

Also how peacefully Spain is on this way, as people isn't afraid or care to keep their pockets under constant surveillance... like in teh country I came from. You can really notice such differences xD

• The Internet has no privacy...and never did. Information is passing through routers and computers and anyone with the right access can see your information at almost anytime. But I see Huor's idea: when I first join Facebook and found friends and family, I discovered that there were already pics of me up there on FB [along with my name and such]. These were posted by people I knew who were already members. HOWEVER, these pictures were not taken by me. They were taken at family gatherings and birthdays and such and therefore, not my property. Also, almost all telephone companies have directories and 411 info online now. If you are in the phonebook, you're info is online [name, address, phone, etc] and not much you can do about it. Facebook has as much privacy as any other place on the Interwebs....none.

• this is the reason why i give facebook false information about myself!!! and always remember, dont add people you dont know, dont click on that silly little like button for something if it requests your cell phone number to see the page! i did it once, for a "Don't drink Tim Horton's coffee". things like that, posts stuff on your profile that you did not post or approve!

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• zzzzzzzzzzzz I google your name and I get info

facebook is just another method to get data

however FB here is like the number one way of communicating with people... so it is kinda useful (although I still hate it)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• For sure there are many ways to retrieve private data from persons without their knowledge that someone has access. There are professionals who do this to get their monthly live get paid ;D
    As information in the global network are passing several points - like Rex mentioned - the information can be accessed on the same number of ways. There is no 100% protection. But there is a difference between those sites who try and care about their members and those who don't (like facebook).

All i wanted to say is - be careful with what for information you put on such sites. I am sure there are people around - mainly children who should get informed about that and don't know or don't care about such sensitive topics.

signature.png

• I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 3 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• ...Annnnnndddd people wonder why I DON'T have a Facebook or have a personal Myspace account.(got my old band site, but it's got very little personal info on me and NO, none of you are getting it ;) )

Seriously folks it's very simple... You want to put your butt flapping in the breeze so to speak to whole world? Yes, by all means, sign up on Facebook or Myspace. Just don't come bitchin' when they have security leaks or people you don't want to find info out about info about you start spamming your page or sending you threats.

This is a public service announcement by your resident anti-socialite. ;):D8)

• Well Orion, us on CF know pretty mroe about you than you might even think 8o hehe