Facebook is FAIL!

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Seems everyone shares with me :P Even PX members xD

Anyways, Facebook isn't such a fail.... ya ya data loss and chance that you can have info on there without being registered.... nothing better to worry ?

Google has it everything including what you visit and type and this forum and everything :P
    BUT it IS for our own protection !, If we have nothing to hide, we have nothing to fear ^^ If somebody makes offensives, or plans for terrorism , or other data, or major hacks (as small ones are not even sighted :D ), piracy if google starts caring (hope not :D ) they will be caught :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have to revive this thread. Actually i am following a debate in our "German" news about facebook. One of our state secretaries and the the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information is quarreling with facebook about the data privacy laws that are valid in Germany. Its not only the "i like" buttons that are against it - its quite a lot more personal data that is submitted into the USA (head quarter of facebook and other third party companies).
    Today i have read that facebook in Ireland ( the European headquarter) is filtering these data. If its an IP from Germany then they make it anonymous and submit or log it - every other country is being submitted or logged without making the IPs anonymous. That would be for the non members who never visited facebook. Non members who visited the facebook site get a cookie placed on their pc that should be used to track abnormal behaviour of the "i like" buttons and to determine spam accounts and to track failed login trials (what a fail - actually a server knows if someone could not log in storing that info in cookies is just useless and well actually such data must not be stored at all). If a member of facebook uses the "i like" button then numerous more data are collected and stored (up to 90 days).

Actually when should facebook be brought down by hackers? Gonna wait for it to happen - the sooner the better ;)
    This site really has no other purpose than to spy everyone.

BTW i miss the "i hate" buttons - whats about having an equality of measures? Ahhhhhh for gods sake and by the time it proves more and more why i yet refused to get an account there.

signature.png

• Facebook is under similar fire for disclosing personal information, including the Users IP's for public view and for 3rd party members to gain access to personal data.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I hacked 2 different types of stuff at Facebook(when I was younger-- it wasn't illegal activity btw as one of the targets were FB games), but never bringing it down or altering at all O.o that's just too much lol also a bit suicidal...
    but as it's hacker's heaven, why should they bring down their own fav place ? xD

Note: That cookie itself is part of account defence, more complex than normal, and is pretty usseful against itself (that account defence system) once you know a password.
    Those cookies also "remember" the data of your paypal account if you use it once, with that you don't need to know more to use some money.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Currently found this interesting site: europe-v-facebook.org | EUROPE versus FACEBOOK

Have read a few pages of a report of the Facebook agency in Ireland. Just those few pages are enough to retreat from this social network community in my opinion. There is nothing social in my eyes, pure data collection - for a huge advertising market. With nearly no data privacy for their users. And giving their users nearly no chance to delete their data entirely.

Facebook is and will be FAIL (aka Failbook :))

signature.png

• I doubt somebody will care, unless that "somebody" can earn money by attacking Facebook.

Same as the Megaupload situation, there are sites which put IN YOUR FACE and openly, full quality videos and cracked games, music, etc, but no, they take down Megaupload with a LAME excuse cus he had few millions to steal from him.

• What is data privacy?

If u use i-net say goodbye data privacy!