CF with extended desktop

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• hi forlks... can anyone tell me how to set up CF to get extended on 2 screens ? i got the desktop part alright in windows but now changing FL's res settings to 1440x1800 (144x0x900 * 2) dont do a thing....

i know some of you use a dual screen setup so please unravel your secrets to me :bevilplan:

• How did you change the resolution?
    Edited the perfoptions.ini or only the freelancer.ini or both? Or did you do something else to change it?

• Let me know how you set up 2 monitors, period. I have a second 22" monitor waiting but can't fiqure it out how to do it and since I am not THAT computer literate it is ruff, LOL.

• hi forlks... can anyone tell me how to set up CF to get extended on 2 screens ? i got the desktop part alright in windows but now changing FL's res settings to 1440x1800 (144x0x900 * 2) dont do a thing....

EDIT: Sorry, No Joy, Arrow.

"Full Screen" mode will fill only a single monitor. While jflp can handle the equivalent resolution of at least four monitors, I was unable to get Freelancer to stretch across multiple monitors, even in Windowed mode.

It appears to be an effect (or limitation) of Direct3D. I did not dig any deeper.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Edited once, last by Bullwinkle ().

• How did you change the resolution?
    Edited the perfoptions.ini or only the freelancer.ini or both? Or did you do something else to change it?

yeah both, but it reverted the res to 800x600, i guess changing the res to something that high makes the res reset to lower settings...

Let me know how you set up 2 monitors, period. I have a second 22" monitor waiting but can't fiqure it out how to do it and since I am not THAT computer literate it is ruff, LOL.

Well i dont know exactly.. my screen was automatically detected and desktop extended.... if you tell me what version of windowws you use i can search and find you the correct procedure for you.

• it reverted the res to 800x600, i guess changing the res to something that high makes the res reset to lower settings...

EDIT: High resolution is not the problem. Even in windowed mode, I was unable to get Freelancer to span two monitors. Freelancer (and jflp) can handle very large resolutions, but spanning two monitors appears to be an issue.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Edited once, last by Bullwinkle ().

• just curious ,But why would you want it on 2 screens?

I think dual screen would be problematic, because your aim and all the hud-windows would be splitted. I'd rather test a triple-screen setup. With a fisheye foxv value in the camra.ini you would be able to look behind your ship without turning around ;-)
    (But i think with the jflp.dll in 1.82 this isn't easy to get working)

Edit: i think he wants to try it because he has 2 monitors - why waisting one of them, when you may get an "ultra widescreen cinerama space view"?

• There was a topic in the older forum about a guy from USA expanding the Crossfire 1.7, I think, to 3 monitors display... It should be here somewhere, I'll look it up.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• For sure I'd prefer 1 big screen than two... or better 3 ^^

But still it's quite easier to watch stuff in 1 monitor, instead of 3... imagine the headache after rotating the head 90 times per minute looking for your opponent, or NPCs...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• thx for the lin kshocky i'm looking at it !

@all others : i have 2 screen yes, but nothing says i need to place the center of the screen betwen the two monitors (according to what i understand of what's talked about in shocky's link is that my main monitor could show the front and the secodn another angle of camera (rear, one side, top etc...) Also, i'm just trying it, if it works its great otherwise its not bad.

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I know it has more fov and it's increasing a bit the horizontal view also with a kind of expandingstretching the textures or pixels at the borders, so on those screens look like you're looking at left, but not that much... O.o

Very cool... 5 monitors horizntally but 2 vertically.

Stretched textures/pixels are shown clearer on 7 monitors on horizontal.... (wtf you do with that view anyway, you see no shi* :D )

So, afterall, which is the main secret to make the textures keep looking pretty well ? :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis