Reputation requirements for guns?

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by TMoo.

• Hi all!

Been a while since I last played here, but when I got the news about the latest release, I couldn't help myself! :D

But in any case, how come I'm not able to buy even mid-range weapons from factions that I have a maxed out friendly rep with?
    I can't even get a Justice Mk.III from Manhattan, let alone class 8-9 guns like Debbies and Tizzies... :S

Is there any reason as to why it's like this?

Apart from this, Crossfire is looking SWEET!! 8)

Edited once, last by wardeagz ().

• Yes you need good reputation (over neutral) with the station's factions to buy their most advanced weapons counting station/planet's technology. If the Justice MK III is the most advanced gun on Manhattan, they won't sell it to anyone, even it's crap on any other station :D

That was like that from all years, including Vanilla FL...

it could be tho that you have reputation issues (being friendly with them but appearing as neutral or hostile), but as you told it it's no bug.

Enjoy the new systems !! (in Altair and Inner Core organic space ^^ )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thank you for your reply! :)

Well, the Justice guns aren't my main concern. Getting high-grade guns is, however..
    Allthough, this seems to affect guns and turrets only. I am able to buy high-grade launchers, shields and upgrades from pretty much everyone.

My reputation with the factions I'm trying to procure these guns from are maxed out friendly, and looking at the datafiles, I should be able to buy them.

I cheked the file for the Adv. Debilitator at Detroit Munitions:
    (I think this is the right one...)

MarketGood = co_gun02_mark04, 26, 0.500000, 10, 10, 0, 1

Meaning, I need to be at least level 26, and have a faction relation of 0.5. I'm not sure of the other values.
    But currently, I'm level 51 with a Griffin VHF, and my relation with Ageira would be 0.9, so I don't see why I'm unable to buy the Debbies.. :|

Overall, I'm only able to buy the two lowest class of guns and turrets from each friendly base I've been to, and I've covered most of the vanilla systems.

I've wiped, reinstalled FL and redownloaded Crossfire - still no dice... :S

• ok that is weird
    will have to check it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• its about the base main faction
    but like i said, ill have to check it first

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I like your space brick :D (couldn't say Flying Brick as I'm nto sure it does fly ! :P )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i took a look at the included code
    problem is i can not find something that would explain it as ive not even done changes going in this direction
    probably this is a side effect of another change but it will take some time to find out

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i took a look at the included code
    problem is i can not find something that would explain it as ive not even done changes going in this direction
    probably this is a side effect of another change but it will take some time to find out

Thank you, sir! I appreciate your effort! :)

But at least I was able to buy the Phoenix cannons on Earth! :)
    Looks like I'll be farming various factions for the rest of the guns I need. I could use the practice anyways! :D

• i wont be able to work on the mod for at least 2 days but will for sure come up with a fix for the current probs within a week

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• launch + dock again
    thats a temp fix
    ill be working on a final solution as soon i know whats actually wrong

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Looks like I'll be farming various factions for the rest of the guns I need. I could use the practice anyways! :D

Daegon, there is an easier solution to your dilemma...

• Hi,
    I'm having the same problem as the op, no matter how good my reputation is and no matter what faction I try it's always the same, i can't buy the weapons that are only for friendly ones.
    I created several new characters all with the same problem, I even created a new freelancer-id-account, still the same problem. So is there any workaround for this? (the undock and dock again doesn't work)
    I really like this mod but this really makes it hard to play when you can't buy the real good stuff and it's really frustrating.
    So I#m begging you to fix this :( or atleast fix my character "CYDEXX" if that's possible

• Hey!
    It is the same for me. Just go to Arena to get better weapons. I've only had that problem in the very beginning of the game. It hasn't bugged me again.