Posts by CYDEX

Hi,
    I just recently returned to the mod because of the new version and ran into a serious problem.
    I've already searched the board but couldn't find anything.
    Every time I undock from a station or planet and the "black bars" on the top and the bottom of the game appears,
    the game freezes for about ~10 seconds. After that everything is normal and running smooth and I experience no lags or freezes anymore.
    The same thing happens when I enter a Jump-Gate. When I arrive at the new system the game freezes for about ~10 seconds.

I've already tried several things:
    I've installed the mod again (after deinstalling freelancer and installing again ) with different options, like advanced shader deactivated, I also set the details in the game options to minimum and tried another char but nothing helped so far. I'm playing on an rather powerful pc so performance issues shouldn't be a problem and i'm using win xp. Also my internet connection shouldn't be a problem either, i have a normal ping of ~100ms and dsl.

I'm really despaired because it's really annoying when you get shot in those ~10 seconds the game freezes.
    Maybe you guys can help me :S

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem as the op, no matter how good my reputation is and no matter what faction I try it's always the same, i can't buy the weapons that are only for friendly ones.
    I created several new characters all with the same problem, I even created a new freelancer-id-account, still the same problem. So is there any workaround for this? (the undock and dock again doesn't work)
    I really like this mod but this really makes it hard to play when you can't buy the real good stuff and it's really frustrating.
    So I#m begging you to fix this :( or atleast fix my character "CYDEXX" if that's possible