CF 1.82 No Open SP??

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Just installed CF 1.82 it works great EXCEPT I have definitely chosen Open SP and when I start a new game I get the intro of the normal SP and am stuck in the story line!! HEELLPP!!

Anyone else got Open SP working?

It was fine with v1.81

Thanks

• Hi Master,

Try look here (error while launching\loading the mod). I can suggest that you need move/delete your old savegames. (For me was always worked if I after uninstall searched my C:\ and deleted all FL folders).

• OK, obviously I am using mod launcher :-)

@Martind - installed on new PC with no Freelancer hence no savegames.

I appreciate your replies but I still need help!!!

Could be to do with multiplayer character selector?? I picked Tobias, maybe I should leave it as Trent.

• im using 1.31 flmm this is correct isnt it?

it does not come up with any errors and the mod works but not the open sp! i did exactly the same installation for 1.81 and had no issues not its not for a lack of being a n00b.

Is there an alternative to 'manually' choosing open sp?

would choosing normal sp give me open sp? lol

What normally happens when you start a new game in Open sp? I remember the game starts you landed on a planet and you can go from there whereas i get the normal sp intro and am put into normal sp game!! nooo!

just wondering if anyone can try selecting open sp and see what they get with 1.82.

• Didn't OP mention in the 1.82 release infos that Open SP doesn't work? I'm looking for the post now, but I'm not sure.

Update:
    Can't find it, so I think it either should work (ie. I'm wrong), or there's something wrong with your install. Sorry.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• Hmmm, well that would explain it if its true. Most people here play multiplayer so open sp may not be noticed by users too much.

OK well I need to go back to crossfire 1.81 then!

Pending confirmation that 1.82 DEFINITELY does not have open sp. Let me know.

Also is there a link for 1.81 anywhere? I have not looked at the downloads sections as I am at work and am not supposed to be on the net, sneaky lol

• Well I just completley cleaned my pc..Reformatted it..re instaled freelancer..installed flmm 1.31 installed xfire 1.82 and set installer to OPEN SINGLEPLAYER nad it DOES NOT WORK...Sorry to those who say it does, but it doesnt for me and the other guy on th9is thread..

So im too back to 1.81.

Edit..oh yes and my AV is WEBROOT nad it still has issues launching and thinking the mod has a virus in it..I just hope it doesnt but im having to launching offline to be sure..and turn off exceptions and allow everything to get the mad to work

Why are things so complicated, i had this problem with the WoW launcher too..

• maybe an install of 1.81 and then save a game and then upgrade to 1.82? Unless you have to remove all previous xfire mods to install the latest...?

• Edit..oh yes and my AV is WEBROOT nad it still has issues launching and thinking the mod has a virus in it..

i had this problem with the WoW launcher too..

Your AV, if that really is an AV, it's an @$$. Is there any modern online game it finds no virus in ? ;) WoW has none neither CF for sure.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hi everyone...I'm also having this problem, so it's not just you.

But I found a solution.

I started the game, let the launcher do it's thing, chose CF singleplayer from in-game menu and it started the normal SP campaign with the destruction of Freeport 7.

So I wanted to see Juni again so I let it play out until I got to the bar, and at this point I exited the game without creating a savegame. I then checked the folder My Games\Freelancer\Accts\Singleplayer and found I had the necessary Autosave and Restart files. I took all my old saved games files, excluding the Autosave and Restart files, from my CF 1.81 Saved Games folder and copied them to the above Singleplayer folder.

I started up the game as usual, but this time I chose Load Savegame instead of CF Singleplayer from the in-game menu, it showed a list of all my CF 1.81 saved games. I picked the last saved game I made before changing to CF 1.82 and it loaded it and everything seems to be fine so far.I flew around a few systems and have noticed some of the new changes already.

Great work OP!!!

I'll let you know if this changes everyone and I hope this works for others.

Good Luck...happy flying :thumbsup:

Cheers, uncle...

P.S. All my other selections during activation of CF 1.82 with FLMM are working, just not the Open SP one...Strange indeed...

• i'm glad my idea worked out for all the CF 1.82 Open SP fans!!! Thanks for trying it uncleglennie!!

Now can anyone link me to 1.81 CF please?

• the 1.81 solution might work (i can confirm that)
    i have activated and tested the openSP aswell as the normal singleplayer 2 weeks prior the release
    why it is not working atm is something i can not clearly say atm
    i will have to do some checks and will re-release CF1.82 with a functional OpenSP in 1-2 days

temporary solution:
    download the attached file, extract it
    and use it to replace "freelancer\dlls\bin\content.dll"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Your AV, if that really is an AV, it's an @$$. Is there any modern online game it finds no virus in ? ;) WoW has none neither CF for sure.

It it webroot internet security essentials to be exact...i found it to be pretty good but its very sensitive.. but your entitled to your opinnion......BUT by the way..please can you try to use words more than 3 letters as it makes you look inmmature.

• im having the same problem, i downloaded the attached file extracted it and replaced it with the old file but yet i find myself stuck in the original missions. is there a few missions i still have to complete before i am "free" or did something go wrong?

• that file in combination with the original openSP setting from FLMM and the removal of the savegames will activate the openSP mode

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!