What is your favorite Web browser?

There are 76 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vishnu.

• Try make it so you can only vote 1 browser....
    right now there are 20 voters, but 22 votes... 1 or 2 guys had the fun to select 2 or 3 of the browsers as THE favourite one. Even that could mean you like them all, and noone is better than the other.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Try make it so you can only vote 1 browser....
    right now there are 20 voters, but 22 votes... 1 or 2 guys had the fun to select 2 or 3 of the browsers as THE favourite one. Even that could mean you like them all, and noone is better than the other.

Done

By the way I tried out Opera and to me Epic Fail.

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• Opera:
    by far the fastest browser
    by far the best looking browser
    no disturbing bars (the biggest website screen of all browsers)
    no disturbing useless plugins (i need a browser to browse and not to play stupid games)
    based on 100% clean code (unlike the other browsers)
    no disturbing interface elements (most can be done via mouse gestures)
    build in graphical site debugger

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, as told with Crhome...
    Opera is the fastest counting it's simple and empty, it just reads internet text :D

But for who wants more, Opera can't be used (as it doesn't read even a game or application as you said, neither a toolbar), there coems the Fiery Fox !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• of course only the best can afford and handle good software (Opera)
    the mass has to use the primitive stuff

That's funny that you would call Opera "good software", OP!

Opera has some nice features, for sure -- some of them are innovative and unique and nice ideas -- but it is buggy and unreliable!

Oh, wait... that sounds like my favorite Freelancer mod... I am sensing a trend here!

:P

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• by far the fastest browser

OK OP maybe the fastest u know but have u tried mine? :D
    Mine is the fastest I have tried because it has nothing in it. Just a text box, Progress Bar and a few buttons and thats about it. Problem is if u want to try it i cant send it to u because VB 8 can not create EXEs ?(

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• both = less buggy than all others

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• both = less buggy than all others

Mod: Discovery is far more reliable. Too bad it is also not as much fun. ;)

Opera: LOL :D

Opera isn't even in the "serious software" category, let alone the "good software" category. I did put it on my list and I do use Opera, but it is more like a fun toy. Firefox is a stable, reliable, tool for doing real work.

If you prefer Opera for your own environment, that's cool. But putting down other people when you're just plain wrong is kind of... uncool. Especially when you're the "boss".

I'm just sayin'.... :)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Everybody will like his own browser that he used all the time....
    I tested the Opera one once, and it goes fast, well, normally comparing it with fast-clean firefox, even it was nice I abandoned it, and came back to the terrain I know.... Firefox's 10.000 optional tools :D As even I made about 2 tools for it including the toolbar dedicated to CF :D

Then IE also has toolbar and tools options.. but it's less stable, and unclean codes, as OP said about them. As IE couldn't read the perfect transparency code Firefox reads perfectly. But every PC has IE by default, like the crappy McAfee AV !

Safari... dunno, never tried.

To who was wondering about: YES SPIKY WAS KIDDING ABOUT SAFARI, CHECK HIS FIRST POST ! ^^ (with caps so ppl read it :P )

Chrome.... meh just eyecandy, tries to get the speed Opera and clean firefox has.. but well... jsut another nice browser.

So the winner is.... FIREFOX ! :D

• Chrome... `nuff said.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• I don't lay very much about the design of the browser, how fast he is or not. Nowadays i can wait 2 seconds until a page is loaded. And its mostly dependent on what bandwidth you browse and at what speed your ISP transfers the packages through the www ;D

I would lay much attention on the web parsing and development part. In my university times i have used Opera quite often - but i got attracted by FireFox. They are nearly the same from its speed although Opera is a bit faster :) But hey - normally i am not in a hurry^^
    IE was and still is one of the browsers where its engine make problems when it comes to css and transparency. It has improved a lot with the last two versions but i still consider it hard to make something fitting properly in IE. And mainly that's a problem with all browsers. Once you make something in one browser the risk that it looks different in another browser is high. Normally W3C has established standards - but not all are accepting it or have their own standards (like M$).

Opera is good for handheld and its used there a lot - i prefer FireFox and sometimes even the newer version of IE. I also have Safari but have uninstalled Opera a long time ago. What must not mean that its bad. I just don't use it.

So everyone has his/her own favor - and every browser has its advantages as well as disadvantages - some have more and some have less ;D
    Means enjoy what you are using right now - its good that there is at least some competition and not only IE like it were over a long time

signature.png

• Firefox wins in votes all other browser together, and also with more than double votes of each one...

hurrey for teh best browser !! :D

• Sure Firefox is a good browser but i have never liked the way it looked (stubit smog fox) i need a stylish browser for my windows 7 ultimate [hide]

(Cough* btjunkie pirated Cough*)[/hide]

that is why i use IE8 but it isent as bugged as u think and i like that it remembers the internet pages i used before i turned off my PC and restore them when i turn it back on coz i use to run like 20 pages at once :D i duno if the others have that feature.

`

Wellt here is this one bug that is super anoying in explorer8 ..... when i use ccleaner all my internet pages crashes wich is anoying cos i have to log-inn at the portal lolz without that i think IE8 is perfect OH but if u run XP then IE will look like shit so i whould use firefox there :P

`

My point is that i dont need a browser that can acquire Russian nuclear missile launch codes.....i just need it to look good and remember my stuff hehe :D

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 2 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• Ofc all your pages crushes after using CCleaner, while you selected the option to eliminate all internet registries :D

Firefox works well even with 40 pages open at once and it has a way to easely jmp to any of them even without seeing it...
    or even seeing all the sites opened at once, like an large icons list :D

• Firefox will also save your web pages and reload them for you

also i don't know if IE8 has this but Firefox has a very neat download manager which monitors all your downloads in a separate small window so you can easily monitor them while workng in other windows