Posts by Altair

OK so how about a station inside clan systems where clan members can go and drop a ship off in a ship pool so other clan members have access to it.

so a clan could own several trains, BS, and heavy fighters. when no-one was using them someone else could grab a train and do some trading, of a heavy fighter and hunt some ancients.
    the ships could only be modified by the original owner though but this would negate the need for players to have several profiles with different ships

Sorry, making traveling more difficult isn't helping much :P

We coul dhave normal thrusters, AND with fuel, the thrusters go faster ! until the fuel ends, THAT would be a cool/efficient idea ^^ while it gives extra good, not extra probs :D

Like Faaby's pictures, the old normal thrusters, as turbojets,
    and thrusters with the extra conduct, for mroe speed while there is extra fuel.

OK, how about a new thruster which you can buy to replace the existing thruster. this new thruster works exactly the same as a normal thruster except that if you have H-Fuel in your cargo then using it depletes the H-Fuel.
    the trade off is an increased thruster speed around 450ms (same as cruise engines) and while using H-Fuel, the thruster does not drain the thrust reserves.

the H-Fuel would deplete in exactly the same way as perishable items perish in your cargo (Alien organisms and Luxury food)

of course if you run out of H-Fuel then you have a normal thruster again and you can still go flying.

best of all, Dom'Kavash bases sell H-Fuel.

how long do people spend in the alien systems?

no, the alien bases would not stock human fuel but hopefully fuel would last long enough. it would be up to you to determine how long is really needed between stops.
    not trying to ruin peoples fun though by forcing them out of inner core early ofc

i wasn't thinking anything like that much fuel consumption, was thinking more like having to refuel after 2 or 3 days heavy flying. the cost would be so minimal that everyone would be able to afford it, maybe $2000 for a tank on a light fighter to maybe $30000 for a BS. this could last for about 20 hours constant flying, more than enough for an excursion into the inner core systems.

i was not thinking so much about the cost, more about the act of having to stop to refuel or for planning a long journey making sure you load up on missiles, CM flares, mines, and then a last minute fuel stop to make sure you have enough.

Am i the only one wondering where starships are getting all their unlimited fuel reserves from.
    did i read in the description for H-Fuel that it is made into fuel for starships?
    if so where has all that fuel gone?

So here i am proposing a "fuel tank" as internal equipment in ships which has to be refuelled

larger heavier ships like gunboats, Battleships, or Trains would naturally use more fuel than a light fighter so would cost more to run
    using thrusters would use more fuel than cruise engines (possibly)
    tradelanes would use a small amount of fuel but jumpgates wouldn't

fuel would be purchased at refuelling stations which could look like those long stations with lots of docks (Trenton Outpost, New York), and would have fuel storage tanks
    there would be stations probably operated by the GMG in house territory as well as some others operated by neutral factions (Zoners) or pirate factions and each station would have its own prices which would change with the dynamic economy.

this would introduce a new commodity "Starship Fuel" which could either be purchased for personal consumption or traded possibly

the cost of the fuel wouldn't need to be a lot so as not to deter long distance trading but might bring a new RP element whereby travelling long distances or in larger craft costs more and also brings some extra realism to the game where you need to "stop for fuel"

Just a thought.

Firefox will also save your web pages and reload them for you

also i don't know if IE8 has this but Firefox has a very neat download manager which monitors all your downloads in a separate small window so you can easily monitor them while workng in other windows