Crossfire 1.8

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi, I recently installed the Crossfire 1.8.But got there only map of Sirius. What do I do that I could have a map and other sectors? And one more technical. Can I change the color and size of the cursors? In some moments you can not see / arrow/. Also see the sighting disc sometimes wrong. In Freelancer 1.0 is disc bigger. I apologize for my English. Perhaps my question is understandable.

• Sorry I don't get the question so I don't wanna be rude

I could have a map and other sectors?.....I think you ned to explore?...still not sure the question.

Can I change the color and size of the cursors?..........Yes (at least on color....never tried size changes

As I only speak English...I hope it helps.......best is to ask ingame players.....you will get best / up to date info there :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• I have singleplayer. Sites lostprophety are for multiplayer - so I think ?
    In my first question I want say: In Freelancer 1.0 Is only Sirius.Now /In Crossfire/ I have only Sirius so. Map for new sektor is opened automatically when is one sector discovered? Or one must new map choose when is modus installed?
    Now I write my question only Google translator. Is it better?
    Thank for your answers about cursors.

• hi mmartina

The nav map you have displays only the stations, bases, jumpgates/-holes you have already discovered. Which means, as more you fly around, as more you will discover.
    Everyy new area you explore will be 'saved' in your nav map

In the beginning you will only see the sirius sector, but only as several dots (systems) on the screen (maybe named). You might experience that if you click on one of those systems, that you will only see an empty map.
    As soon as you enter a new system it shows you the Trade lanes (but no names) you will have to use those first in order to get the names and their destination, written down on your map.

IE:
    you start out in NY. you launch and then open your map. the only thing you see is several tradelanes all around the system of NY but no names or stations, exept the planet manhatten and maybe those of trenton outpost and newark station (which are right next to the planet, you launched from) thats because of your visible range (so you have 'discovered' those places already)

discover and survive and you will get a pretty filled nav map.

I hope this helped you a bit.

have fun.

• you can not see the map in game, as long as you havent been there.
    each system you explore/discover will appear in your nav map (ingame)
    so will the whole map of altair, as soon as you discover where to go to reach it.

follow tips, hints and clues, you can get at bars or from other players (in case you are playing multiplayer) so you will find altair and also have the map of it pretty soon. (unless you prefer to get killed before you even saw those places) ;)

• Thank you. I have singleplayer. I flay just with cheat undestructibility :-). In multiplayer will be now dead. I:-). This cheat maybe in multiplayer not works. I fly just yet and explore new systems,stars,planets. No trading,no no firing. Only free flying.

• There are more maps like Altair and Inner Core, but they are out of your map and you have to go there to see them...

You have 4 models of cursors to choose, FL 1.0 one, or cf 1 2 3... other models :D Read our FAQ to see how to change them without reinstalling anything.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• There are more maps like Altair and Inner Core, but they are out of your map and you have to go there to see them...

You have 4 models of cursors to choose, FL 1.0 one, or cf 1 2 3... other models :D Read our FAQ to see how to change them without reinstalling anything.

your first statement was mentioned by me already . -> unneccessary post (post hunter :P)

the second statement was not even involved in that topic. there is not a single sentence mentioning any questions about cursors or any similar stuff.

@ mmartina

the undestructable thingy just works in singleplayer thats right.
    and its not quite true, that you would be dead in multiplayer already. depends on your behaviour and your relations to the different fractions of npc and players
    on the other hand singleplayer might be good for exploring without getting distrupted by others. unfortunately you can not get any hints, ideas or help from others, while you are playing singleplayer (ingame)
    and you can not take the maps (you might have explored already) into the multiplayer game.

on multiplayer you will always have some guys online who might help you in some cases. also you might get into trouble or good relationships with other players (in case you are heading to that one)

just pic, what fits your intentions best and enjoy the game.

and never forget. its a game.. so have fun while playing.
    maybe we will see us in space one time :)

pretty strange but lately whenever I install CF I have a mixed cursor, when I'm aiming at objects or players it's a square, and the rest of the time it's FL original circle... I want only the circle and my selected cursor is FL original... I don't understand why it's a mix now... it's lame... I hate the square

and I believe the guy from the start was asking why he doesnt see altair and DK systems on navmap... you cannot have that on navmap even if you explore.. the only way is to be in that system or go there 1 system by 1 via "switch to system" button

• Do you anybody know a procedure how I can change the color and/or size of cursor? Please dont you to tell me yes or no, but give me the procedura. Thanks. Martina.

• Well, imO you can choose the Cursor Set while installing the Game...

Means: reinstall = new choice of a different Curser Set.

Click the image above to visit us.

• No no, you don't have to know anything about modding to change a cursor without reinstalling... Here is the PROCEDURE (as ppl don't visit the FAQ:

First:

Here is table with four crosshairs in CF.

No aim

Aimed at object (no ship).
    For moving objects in range crosshair rotate.

Aimed on Ship.
    For ships in range crosshair rotate.

Crosshair 1

Crosshair 2

Crosshair 3

Crosshair 4

Second:

Simply open FLMM "SCREENS" Folder. There are:

cursor.txm

cfcursor1.txm

cfcursor2.txm

cfcursor3.txm

cfcursor4.txm.

Then open Freelancer "SCREENS" Folder(at ...FREELANER\DATA\SCREENS). There are

_cursor.txm

cursor.txm

cfcursor1.txm

cfcursor2.txm

cfcursor3.txm

cfcursor(1-4).txm.flmmbak

... While you activated CF, you've selected the set with number in ().

cursor.txm.flmmbak

If you rename cfcursor(x).txm into "cursor.txm" you get the (x)st set crosshair (

Advice: make first backup before you change this files

)

The PROCEDURE: For example if you want CFCursor2 instead of the one you have, copy the cfcursor2.txm and RENAME it to "cursor.txm"

all above was jsut to explain the rest of options, but it's jsut a rename ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Check your settings, if it allows html.... or something similar like bugs at using IE8, dunno, but you're the first to see it bugged :P And the squares are exactly the same on the FAQ

• I'm not seeing any images in the table either... The entire Swat-portal site has been running slow for me today as well and I'm unable to update Crossfire... not exactly sure what's going on... all other sites are working properly.

• The forum is working well, it's bigger, and harder to load for few bits of seconds for my connection, but maybe for yours is more/worse, or your connection is not working properly ?

Als, are you using Opera, or IE8, or FireFox(recommended :P ) ? not sure about other browsers :D I think Safari also work.