Changing crosshairs without having to reinstall

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC){Dark_Angel}.

• I'm looking for a way to change my crosshairs without having to reinstall the game. Not only because that's a pain in the ***, but also because I would like to mix them up. (I really like the red normal one, but can't stand the one when you are on objects).
    For that I would need to know which files I have to switch. Even better would be if you tell me what program I need to open these files an preview them without having to test them ingame.
    And, when I'm already asking about crosshairs: I believe I've already tested all of the Crossfire ones, but are there any you can see real good? I mean if the background is bright, you almost see nothing. That's okay if it's because of the sun, but if it's ie. a nebula it's, well, dumb.

I doubt that there's going to be a problem with playing online if there change those files, right?

24/7 SWAT Crossfire Server

Reondryt (Mercenary)
    Reonadan (Trader)

• One of the crossairs is visible in bright light(exept stars).
    I thinkt it was set one or set 3.
    I dont think that crossairs can be changes without reinstalling.
    The anti cheat wont let you.
    It does not allow ANY file to be changed.

meh.

• Crosshairs aren't included in the anti chet protection, as it's not a cheat, and people have different crosshairs, so how something would know which is the right one for each guy :D still...

Crosshairs aren't that easy to change, like a file or folder... they are mixed in a bigger folder, and you'd had to open that one, edit some numbers and encrypt it again...

For now just choose one and have fun :P Don't be so strict/fixed with something...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 2 times, last by Michael ().

• maybe OPs mouse.zip can help in this.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Or just do your own crosshairs xD

(PS: Posted the previous post to show it difficult...)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I'm not really fixed on something, but as long as there is something I could make improvements to, I'll try ;)

The folder with those files should be this one i think: (D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\HUD)
    My guess was, that in the unpacked Crossfire folder in the flmm there are all four crosshair packages and flmm chooses from them. That would have meant, that I just could copy and paste.
    But if flmm changes some numbers and ecrypts those files...
    But I'm still convinced that if I can get other crosshair files, that I can just overwrite the others without problem.

About that mouse.zip mentioned, I searched the forum, but coudln't find anything. Except this thread ;) What does it do and where can I find it?

edit: Scrap that. I found something. Do you mean the colourblind thing?

Reondryt (Mercenary)
    Reonadan (Trader)

• There should be some thread with pictures of each type of cosshair, (red, white and green for allyes) so we can choose our desired ^^

• If I have pictures of crosshairs I make new FAQ entry with info about it. ... I "only" :) need 2 screen-shots with aimed and not-aimed cross + selected type info.

• Try simply install another CF mod on another folder with FL installed, like 4 CF installations, with different settinggs, you make pictures of all, then you can delete the rest except the 1 you liked. And then we'll also know what the different options can show us in-game, particle colors, crosshairs, etc. :D

• the colorblind option is just a color modifier for colorblind players (i thought the name shows that)

if you take a look at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\Data\SCREENS
    you will find all cursor shapes

so actually... it is that simple

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What exactly are those files? The crosshair packages, the crosshair and how it look on enemies ie? Which ones do I have to copie to get let's say the first package ingame?

Reondryt (Mercenary)
    Reonadan (Trader)

• those are full sets
    just replace the one in FL

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• flmm SCREENS Folder:

That's what I've got in my Freelancer SCREENS Folder:

The flmmbak are the Backups from flmm I suppose
    I currently use the 4th Set.

So I suppose I have to rename cfcursor1.txm into cursor.txm to get the 1st set? (After making backups myself, of course...)

Sry for the many questions, I'm a little lost here...

Reondryt (Mercenary)
    Reonadan (Trader)

• yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Info about this added to FAQ. Also added images for each crosshair (here).

• I don't think they're up yet. And for some reason, even though I selected "Classic Cursors" as my cursor option when activating the mod, I get the square cursor when I point at a base or other fixture in space. And what's stranger yet, when I'm aiming at ships targeting reticule, my cursor switches between the new square design and the classic circular design constantly. I don't know if this is because I've not installed the mod or Freelancer properly, but it's rather strange and quite annoying. I'd rather not have to do a full reinstall of the mod and game, but if that's what it takes, then I'll do it.

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• we are working on it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,