New Developer Videos

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Tech Demo Video 2010 An Infinity Admin has released a new demo video of the game where he tries to show several aspects of the game, Cockpit view, as well as asteroids, Space Station, Planetary landing etc pp. It cannot be guaranteed that all this will be available in the release but it shows the impressive power of the engine with very detailed graphic. Especially the Planetery landing is fasticinating. You can view those videos on youtube:

and

Here are a few screenshots as well:

See the full report at:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().

• infity indeed is a very promising game, i played the first version 1-2 years ago it was looking good already
    the gameplay was a bit hard during that time (probably due to my slow i-net) but from all upcoming games this one appears to have the most interesting concepts

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That's amazing .. thanks for the videos mate

• i wonder how the surfaces are done
    its not possible that those are pre-made polygon models
    just alone one of the big isles on that vids would be a hardware killer due to the neccessary amount of polygons
    next to that the data for such a planet would sooner or later cause size problems

i personally would think that the entire planet is technically a realtime rendering based on either fixed surface heights with a texture overlay (and the rest is done with some kind of bump mapping) or its based on a mathematical formula
    both possibilities would explain some minor lines all over the map textures
    if there are area buffers similar to those used on other games such as gothic 3 then both methods appear possible to me

the textures itself are not a big problem... that are just some pretty good mip maps

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• They use the system which Google Earth es... lower definition(less polygons) when yu're distant, and more , and mroe polygons while you get closer( google uses this system with screenshots instead of polys). You can see on the 2nd part of the tech demo that there are some terrain parts changin their form... like loading it.

But it looks so.... special... it doesn't even need an uber cool music background, it's a uber great space simulator... you noticed on the 1rst part, that he was clicking distant stars ? It means... you can travel there... with direct flying 8|:verrueckt:

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• yes even FL does use such a method but i still can not imagine that it works this way since the numbers of polygons that are stored just be extremly high

and yes there are some mip errors of textures due to instant loading (which could be avoided by just blending the textures in)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow I think I jizzed my pants when I watched these videos looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade my computer soon with games like this on there way to my PC

• Yea, with that competitive game... I'm not sure if posting it here is good or bad... xD We'd had a community of Infinitti isntead of freelancer xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i see nothing bad in having an infinity community

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thy for the Video Huor. I am waiting for this game since 2006. But I guess at least 3-5 year will be needed to finish the game since its more or less programming by 1 person. However the game definitely looks good and as you know there are unlimited systems. But I am not sure how ppl would react after visiting the 100th empty planet because soon or later you could get bored or not see any players. Its important to fill this hugh space with life which is impossible...... but we will see ;)

• Your're all welcome :=)

The developer wrote that he is more or less not satisfied by the way how the planets are implemented and that he needs to change a few things on the engine. I think its a mathematical process that calculated the z oder - the rest would be texturing based on this. But the idea is nice anyway straight from the space to the orbit to the surface of the planet.

Resources were always a matter on the past - but i think in one or two years this game still needs to reach final release (my assumption :)) such requirements will not be very hard to fulfill.

signature.png

• Wow I think I jizzed my pants

My gaming dream has (almost) come true, flying with a space ship from space into a planet without any loading screens................. HOLY SHIT

now I'm waiting for a game where you can land your ship on a planet or anywhere, get out of it...... and start shooting at stuff FPS style :D

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• play spore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• now I'm waiting for a game where you can land your ship on a planet or anywhere, get out of it...... and start shooting at stuff FPS style :D

... and then learn how effective "planetary bombardment" can be. the hard way. :D

Still, the animations are awesome.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Michael already mentioned it. You can click on nearly every star in the background - and in the describtion over there is stated that it should be possible to visit each system. Anyway i have the impression that under such conditions i need a new rack with some harddiscs and a further rack with CPUs to play this game - although the demovideos are done on a halfway good PC nowadays^^

Lets hope this game wont become that much resource killing as vista was it^^

signature.png

• game development often take many years, sometimes half a decade or longer
    ea games usually half a year, but nvm

usually when the game development starts the pc performances are not good enough to run the basic engine, over the years by miracle the game requirements and the pc performances reach the same lvl

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yesterday i watched several other videos on youtube about the development of infinity - some older ones. I find it very impressiv what the engines is able to do and how its improved over the time. One video was about a star cluster shown as galaxy and the developer plays with it - zooms in and out. So this was a very first start of clicking at the stars in the background and travel there. And there was another video about the seamless landing. Great. A game with huge potential in all matters - if you ask me

signature.png