Posts by ram8

ha, so rapmage, Ceres and C'tan are look fine on the server side?
    I guess I will try another fresh install and see what happens, is there anything else I can do on my side to troubleshoot/check for problems?

Thx again

Hey Michael,

- None of my 3 chars work any more
    - I dont think the problem is with the settings/installation because I started a new 4th char and that one works fine
    - Can anything be done about these 3 chars that are not working now (from the server side)?

thx

Hello,

Due to some time constraints and serious AV problems I haven't played CF for ~ 2.5 months but now that Im back with a fresh install of 1.82 I see that although the server remembers 3 out of my 5 chars (ship, location and funds), I cant really play with any of them. The game freezes when I pick one of them. I have read threads of corrupt chars but looks like in those instances the chars were gone. Is it because of my hiatus that my chars got corrupted or is there something that can be done about this? Any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

I have thad hat problem before too and no, CF didnt install properly every time I tried. One thing that helped was to change the security setting of FL and the mods folder in FLMM. Make sure that EVERYONE and EVERYTHING has access to read, write, and modify these folders. If I were you I would try:

1) a fresh and complete install of FL
    2) fresh install of FLMM
    3) extraction of CF 1.8
    4) changing the security settings of FL and FLMM mod folder
    5) activate CF (using FLMM)

There might be easier ways, this is what has worked for me so far

Good luck

@ Michael thx for the tool bar, I downloaded it.
    Is the OP the only person that can restart the server? I think it's been down for 2 days now :(

Im new here and I have experienced these prolonged server down times. I have no idea what is going on from the admin side but it would help if players knew AHEAD of time when the server is suppose to go down, or at least when it will be down for long time like today. IMO keeping the players informed will go a long way.

size DOES matter indeed :D but you can usually get a good estimate of that with the armor lvl and well the physical shape/size. Agility, max shield lvl, and top speeds are all factors that could help a lot when purchasing ships. I wish you could find these info BEFORE purchasing

HI all,

I was wondering if there is a way of assessing/knowing the agility of the fighter ships? Clearly one way to find out is by try and error but given the shear number of ships and the significantly reduced value of purchased ships this option doesn't seem very logical. Any help would be great

thanks in advance

Call signs: rampage, Ceres, nexus

thank you all for the useful suggestions, Im playing multiplayer and basically did the char transfer thing. It worked well. This forum makes the game a lot more fun, once again thanks for all your help :)