Error Activating Crossfire Mod

There are 66 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• I think we will never anyway, I'm sorry to try and give no hope but I have the game.... On a disk which I bought from a shop, and I still can't play it. I'm now on the stage of just keep trying. It worked the the first time.

• I think we will never anyway, I'm sorry to try and give no hope but I have the game.... On a disk which I bought from a shop, and I still can't play it. I'm now on the stage of just keep trying. It worked the the first time.

If it worked the first time, then there's something you haven't done well since then, like deleting the entire folder at My Documents/My Games/Freelancer ?

You can make a vid of the related folders and what you do to activate the mod, and where the problem occurs... if a problem appear, you can send it's link to me/Huor or/and OP by PM.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I am having the same problem...

Same error for 1.81

1.7 it loads up but closes before it gets to main menu.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled freelancer multiple times...

as well as crossfire and flmm 1.31 and 1.5...1 I think

I have crossfire 1.7 and patch and 1.81.

Neither works.

I got my game over a torrent.

Where would I buy Freelancer?

• This is the error im getting:

1918 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\FreeLancer\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')

it is ALL not read-only

• Well, at the 1.7 installation, you didn't deleted the folders at My Documents/My Games, neither your save files, they make your game crash before the Menu. A thing said right on my previous post..

For 1.81 you had something which stopped the mod to load...

You can buy it at the big shops arround your city... also on some sites which sells good old games... still 1.7 worked on downloaded FLs.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• flmm activation errors are usually based on write protected files inside the Freelancer directory or no write permission due to windows settings

the crash on 1.7 right before the menu appeared is purely related to the incompatible savegames which you have not removed yet

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I still can't believe that so many ppl find CF as difficult to install. Anyways, if all doesn't work again .. try this: 1. Unistall FL & CF from the Control Panel (And when it asks you for a restart, do it). 2. Go to and unistall FLMM from its folder(there are 2 unistall exe files, use both of them => The 1st from the top, and then the last one... they are placed in the perfect order). 3. Go to My Documents and delete the Freelancer Directory. 4. Use a cleaner program(such as CCleaner / Advanced System Care) and clean up the garbage. 5. Install Freelancer.. 6. Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31 7. Install Crossfire 1.81(With an Anti-Virus disabled) 8. Activate Crossfire 1.81(Again with an Anti-Virus disabled). 9. After activation, run Freelancer under Windows XP SP3(Compatibility Mode = Only for Win 7 or Vista users) and download the updates from the launcher. 10. Put CF into your Exclussions Section in your Anti-Virus and then turn it on. (Too bad that with Kaspersky doesn't work now -_-) Just be careful if your anti-virus deletes the dll files. .if it does .. => It's over. 11. Enjoy

Edited once, last by DC_Crysis ().

• Yeah.. heeeh,... you know what I meant anyway -_-

• (Too bad that with Kaspersky doesn't work now -_-)

Yeah, and you know what I meant, when I told you should pass to Avast :P OP used it for more years than you have playing in a PC :P 9 shields protecting you ftw !

• tried
    1-on different computer that has never run freelancer before
    2-with a different downloaded copy of the game

result:
    nothing! the same message! im convinced now that its not going to run. not a chance. bye bye. see ya. sayonara. aurevoir. ariverderchi. no authentic, no party. end of story

• If it doesn't work.. then it's a Windows Configuration

• Avast is crap... I don't use crap

Stop bitching abotu stuff you never used :P At least it doesn't destroy CF as yours. :thumbdown: And the protection can be stopped for a good install, and adding exe as exeptions, with folders, not like yours which just increase your in-game ping (as it scans even the data you get) :bgotcha:

tried

2-with a different downloaded copy of the game

So your both tryes are on a pirated Freelancer, as you posted on your previous post.
    humm... still, I remember seeing you online in... 1.8 ? Or 1.7 :D

You can find the game for few bucks at the big stores... or at least it can be ordered ^^

• [quote] Stop bitching abotu stuff you never used :P At least it doesn't destroy CF as yours. :thumbdown: And the protection can be stopped for a good install, and adding exe as exeptions, with folders, not like yours which just increase your in-game ping (as it scans even the data you get) :bgotcha:

Don't tell me which Anti-Virus I've used and which I didn't ... Avast was one of those which I've used and I gotta tell ya that it's a big crap(Especually the last version = 5). And Kaspersky isn't deleting CF now, as I've putted those dll files which it deleted the last time in my Exclussions List(+ The FL & FLMM exe = for just in case).

• [quote] Stop bitching abotu stuff you never used :P At least it doesn't destroy CF as yours. :thumbdown: And the protection can be stopped for a good install, and adding exe as exeptions, with folders, not like yours which just increase your in-game ping (as it scans even the data you get) :bgotcha:

Don't tell me which Anti-Virus I've used and which I didn't ... Avast was one of those which I've used and I gotta tell ya that it's a big crap(Especually the last version = 5). And Kaspersky isn't deleting CF now, as I've putted those dll files which it deleted the last time in my Exclussions List(+ The FL & FLMM exe = for just in case). Kaspersky can also put folders into exclussions ...pfff.. why I even bother to explain you ... and my Ping is just fine (78 0 0 / 80 0 0).

• First... a good quoted reply ^^
    also FL and flmm.exe is not a dll :P folders as exception, then why you didn't put all Crossfire folder into exception instead of the few dlls which were deleted ^^ about folders ,it's not the same you said in-game :/

Well, your ping was better before... under 30 0 0, but not sure where you moved on to have nearly the same ping as Gunny from USA...

Anyways, just noticed... 666 Views *sigh*

Hope any error with activating crossfire on a real Freelancer version was fixed until now :)

• Fuffud and Top Gear, I have a torrent FL copy and the original disk, and I use the torrent on my hard drive as my main installation.

You do need to get the no-CD FL exe file in order to play without your FL CD.

Here's one place to go: (http://m0004.gamecopyworld.com…html#Freelancer%20v1.0%20[ENGLISH]%20No-CD/Fixed%20EXE)

I would suggest running your Freelancer game first to see if it works without any mods activated.
    If it works then delete your saved games folder (My Games\Microsoft\Freelancer\Accts\Single Player) and run FLMM and activate CrossFire mod.

I know how frustrating this can be but you can't give up, this mod is worth it. Post a step at a time so we can see how you are doing and offer help.

P.S. Turn off your AV program when you do all this, because it interferes with everything you do believe me.
    Good Luck! :bouch: